Nostalgia - Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Any Christian Death fans out there? If you are into Goth this 1984 album is a must listen.
Catastrophe Ballet is my favorite album of theirs. One day while shopping at my favorite local record store, I came across 'Catastrophe Ballet. I had never heard of the band, or the album, but was intrigued by the cover. Over the years I have bought albums just on a hunch, or ones with an interesting cover. Sometimes these albums turn out good, other times not so much. In the case of Christian Death 'Catastrophe Ballet' it turned out great.

I ended up loving the album, so I set forth to learn about the band, and to explore their catalog. Remember this was the 80's, before the internet, so it took some doing to learn about the band. I discovered that the band was formed in Orange County California in 1979 by Rozz Williams. The funny thing was I had family that lived in Orange County back then. Rozz Williams would leave the band in 1985 after their 3rd album 'Ashes', and for me the band was not the same without him. Sadly he would commit suicide in 1998. For those interested here is 'Catastrophe Ballet' (Full Album)

Attachments

• A-138527-1186709986.jpeg.jpg
    A-138527-1186709986.jpeg.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
  • unnamed-21.jpg
    unnamed-21.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Rozz-Edward-Colver.png
    Rozz-Edward-Colver.png
    734.9 KB · Views: 9
I have been listening to a lot of New Order this weekend, and Joy Division is my favorite band, so I got to thinking.... can anybody name another band that was very influential, but had to switch gears, and start all over with another name...and become yet again very influential. Joy Division / New Order is the one example I know of. Joy Division was the best post punk band IMHO before Ian Curtis committed suicide right before their first American tour. They remain to this day a huge influence. After Ian's suicide, the rest of the band decided to carry on, but with a new name & direction. As New Order they became one of the biggest and influential bands of the 80's & 90's.

This is one of my favorite New Order songs.

Back
Top Bottom