Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
a scented candle with the wonderful title
Anyway the scented candle industry has a customer satisfaction problem in general right now it seems ... explosions & eruptions or not ...

“There are angry ladies all over Yankee Candle’s site reporting that none of the candles they just got had any smell at all,” ... “I wonder if they’re feeling a little hot and nothing has much taste for the last couple days too,” she added, a nod to other common coronavirus symptoms.

it's not the industry's fault though, their products are just as odorific as ever ...
it's just that the customer base is getting infected.

En2fwT1WEAUKo1S.png
proportion of customer reviews complaining of "lack of scent" specifically (as opposed to stinky etc)

this is actually an epidemiological signal ...

Anyway the scented candle industry has a customer satisfaction problem in general right now it seems ... explosions & eruptions or not ...

“There are angry ladies all over Yankee Candle’s site reporting that none of the candles they just got had any smell at all,” ... “I wonder if they’re feeling a little hot and nothing has much taste for the last couple days too,” she added, a nod to other common coronavirus symptoms.

it's not the industry's fault though, their products are just as odorific as ever ...
it's just that the customer base is getting infected.

View attachment 960493
proportion of customer reviews complaining of "lack of scent" specifically (as opposed to stinky etc)

this is actually an epidemiological signal ...
Actually Yankee Candles are garbage anyway these days. Those that do actually have a nice smell have a horrible after-scent that lingers in your nose for ages and the rest are just horrible from the get-go.

Here in the UK, the best ones (and the ones I buy) are Wickford&Co from Home Bargains and they cost £2.99 for a large jar candle the same size as the £18.99 ones from Yankee and best of all they do actually smell like they're supposed to.

With Yankee Candles you're paying for the branding and not much else. Granted there was a time when they were the best scented candles around but that was a LONG time ago and the cheaper knock-off brands have more than caught up in terms of quality. To answer this threat, Yankee have resorted to increasing the amount of scent in their products but as a result they have become overpowering and often rather nasty :(

Another decent brand you can sometimes find cheap over here is "Fragrance by Liberty Candles" and they're also quite cheap and offer a good range of scents (Right now I have a Sticky Ginger Cake scented jar candle from Fragrance that really does smell good), though the Wickford ones definitely score high on scent, price and burn time. (The orange pumpkin one they sell in Home Bargains around Halloween is also quite good although the Winter Berries is one of my favourites along with their Gingerbread one)

JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister... After a while, he asked: 'Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for cold milk? '

MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, 'If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six.'

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom good night 'I love you so much that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window.'

BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a pain killer. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a child-proof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: 'How does it know it's me?'
SUSAN (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. 'Please don't give me this juice again,' she said, 'It makes my teeth cough..'

DJ (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: 'How much do I cost?'

CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried when his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, 'I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in it?'

MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: 'Why is he whispering in her mouth?'

TAMMY(age 4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for a while and then asked, 'Why doesn't your skin fit your face?'

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' Concerned, James asked: 'What happened to the flea?'

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget..
This particular Sunday sermon...'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust...' He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year-old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' Concerned, James asked: 'What happened to the flea?'

It's ok, James, the flea got away safely

LotFlea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom