Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Anyway, as a young Aussie travelling the wilds of Scotland one thing that struck me was the number of food places that gave two sets of prices, one with and one without chips (????), often the with chips price was referred to as "supper". That's funny enough on it's own, but here is a menu with what appears to be a logical inconsistency to it. Is this one pound ninety for an empty plate?
201295653_4523743627649392_6621152917308855657_n.jpg
Note also that only the cod is fresh. Presumably the plaice is anything but :eek:

I saw a Chinese restaurant in Edinburgh 30 years ago that has a sign in the window saying "these prices do not include chips", I thought "what kind of place have I come to?"
A young Aussie would certainly have been dismayed by the menu I saw in an Indian restaurant that offered 'Fried aborigines' :eek:

Forty years ago, ( I swear - seen with my own personal eyes )
a Greek diner on Tottenham Court Road offered ''God and Chips'.
The piece of cod that passeth all understanding?

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven:
When they get there, St. Peter says. "We only have one rule here in heaven, don't step on the ducks!"
So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place.
It is almost impossible not to step on a duck and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.
Well, along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw.
St. Peter chains them together and says. "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!"
The next day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck and along comes St. Peter, who doesn't miss a thing.
With him is another extremely ugly man.
He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.
The third woman has observed all this and not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very careful where she steps.
She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks.
And then one day St.Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on - Very tall, long eyelashes.and muscular.
St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.
The happy woman says. "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?"
The guy says. "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck!”

1624396800382.png

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven:
When they get there, St. Peter says. "We only have one rule here in heaven, don't step on the ducks!"
So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place.
It is almost impossible not to step on a duck and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.
Well, along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw.
St. Peter chains them together and says. "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!"
The next day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck and along comes St. Peter, who doesn't miss a thing.
With him is another extremely ugly man.
He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.
The third woman has observed all this and not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very careful where she steps.
She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks.
And then one day St.Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on - Very tall, long eyelashes.and muscular.
St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.
The happy woman says. "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?"
The guy says. "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck!”
I'm suprised that people can be punished in Heaven, especially for all eternity. That seems to go against the point.

I'm suprised that people can be punished in Heaven, especially for all eternity. That seems to go against the point.
makes you wonder, doesn't it? Maybe in Hell we'll be running around trying to catch a duck to step on, so we'll be chained to a gorgeous hunky devil (or she-devil if you're male or les)

makes you wonder, doesn't it? Maybe in Hell we'll be running around trying to catch a duck to step on, so we'll be chained to a gorgeous hunky devil (or she-devil if you're male or les)
Problem is, that all the ducks go to heaven, so we will chase them in vain in hell, and so will be the expectation to be chained to (in my case) a gorgeous she-devil.:confused:
Some hellish punishment!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom