Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
That comment about television was first made by the great C P Scott, editor of the Manchester Guardian - it must have been very soon after the invention was given its name, he died in 1931. (The wondrous internet says he died 1st Jan 1932, but I was going by the history of that once great newspaper) As for the homosexuality quote, it's from Tom Stoppard's play 'The Invention of Love' (again, thankyou internet), A E Housman wasn't in the least troubled by the unnatural coupling :devil:

Another one is that you can spend all the time in the world on CruxForums! :D
I pondered doing a "Tom Stoppard/A E Houseman" attrib.
but I'm pretentious enough as it is these days.
Besides, my peregrination aboard CF depends heavily
on not even attempting to engage minds that could
render mine into a squashed cabbage leaf.

In other words if you want me, I'll be over in the
corner posting bare-nekked girls' naughty bits.
"It's a rotten job...."

==============================

I pondered doing a "Tom Stoppard/A E Houseman" attrib.
but I'm pretentious enough as it is these days.
Besides, my peregrination aboard CF depends heavily
on not even attempting to engage minds that could
render mine into a squashed cabbage leaf.

In other words if you want me, I'll be over in the
corner posting bare-nekked girls' naughty bits.
"It's a rotten job...."

==============================
I hear you bud and I'll be posting the same bits in my corner!!

Some time ago I saw a cartoon of couple of typical British holidaymakers on the beach in front of the sea contemplating a notice that said 'Warning: contains salt'. And I heard a selection of daft complaints actually received by travel companies that included one complaining that they hadn't been warned of that! I couldn't find that particular cartoon, but here's a couple of good ones on the same theme:

1596642508901.png 1596642536939.png

Some time ago I saw a cartoon of couple of typical British holidaymakers on the beach in front of the sea contemplating a notice that said 'Warning: contains salt'. And I heard a selection of daft complaints actually received by travel companies that included one complaining that they hadn't been warned of that! I couldn't find that particular cartoon, but here's a couple of good ones on the same theme:

View attachment 885308 View attachment 885309
All this nonsense is probably the result of the current love of litigation, the need to cover backsides and the fact that the "Health and Safety" mentality assumes that we are all idiots has made some people afraid of their own shadows.

All this nonsense is probably the result of the current love of litigation, the need to cover backsides and the fact that the "Health and Safety" mentality assumes that we are all idiots has made some people afraid of their own shadows.

new Cruxforums disclaimer----

CAUTION!
THIS WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN CRUCIFIED PEOPLE (INCLUDING NAKED ONES!), OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PEOPLE HANGING FROM CROSSES. THIS MAY OFFEND YOU IF YOU DON'T HARBOR A KINK ABOUT IT. AND, IF YOU'RE MAYBE LOOKING FOR JESUS, YOU MIGHT FIND SOME HOLLYWOOD DEPICTIONS OF HIM HERE, SO YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED PERHAPS TO BE OFFENDED, BUT THEN WHO AMONG US IS EVER PREPARED FOR THAT, UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE SHOCKED, WHICH IS FUN SOMETIMES BUT WE'RE NOT ACCEPTING LIABILITY FOR IT IF YOU ARE.
OR FOR ANYTHING ELSE. . .

ARKANSAS BDSM FOREPLAY...

View attachment 885618
LOVE THE ANTENNA!

==============
l

Do you remember that style of antenna on cars, too?

2020 summarised by a bookcase
94022387_10159702905275744_1224197058114617344_o.jpg

Unsuitable song
116691853_10158566412140909_2029392991281384571_n.jpg

Anyone other than this Australian know a suitable song?
627e901421db6acf5014b224d29e3955.jpg

btw, getting off topic of humour, but the Divinyls also had a hit (here) with a song that had the refrain "there's a fine line between pleasure and pain", I think Chrissy Amphlett would have fit right in on this forum. Sadly she passed away all too young in 2013, breast cancer and MS. It's always a shock when someone of a similar age to you, and someone who was a significant part of your youth, dies unexpectedly young.

Yes - but some are incredibly stupid
Maybe its meant for the blind
unnamed (5).jpgBut they couldn't read the sign

This is hard to explain for any reason
unnamed (8).jpg

Back
Top Bottom