Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
If you try such nose wheel landings in a MS Flight Simulator, the simulation makes it collapse.
CGI planes can do amazing things. They can even land with the thrust reversers deployed (second one).
But real landings can be a bit scary, even without Barb's help.

If you try such nose wheel landings in a MS Flight Simulator, the simulation makes it collapse.
CGI planes can do amazing things. They can even land with the thrust reversers deployed (second one).
But real landings can be a bit scary, even without Barb's help.
I was a fan of flight simulator games and I plan to return to virtual piloting when I get a VR gear later. I also played older versions of MSFS and I remember how Hong Kong's now closed Kai Tak airport provided the best challenge for those who fly virtual airliners.

An interesting, and also scary aspect of the former Hong Kong airport is that the approach was blocked by a mountain because they didn't have any better land on which to build a runway. As such, the pilot was supposed to make an approach to a checker board installed on the mountain and proceed into a crash course until the very last moment of landing.

Then the plane need to hard right turn to reach the runway. And the approach also passes over a crowded part of the city, leaving only a very small room for failure while landing:

1604541633614.png

When there's strong wind blowing sideways, (called a "crosswind landing") it used to give pilots nightwares as it often resulted in such a stunt like this:

But I suppose that's nothing special since compared to how Barbaria would fly an airliner if she were a pilot:

Although I am 84, I am automatically suspicious of anyone who wears a hat to drive,(Unless it is part of a proscribed uniform), and generally try and give them a wide berth!
When I was in my twenties, I was also warned for drivers with a hat (or worse : those with a cap). Curiously, the stigma about hat wearing drivers also appears in an original Ian Fleming James Bond novel, Goldfinger (1959) as I recall. So, that warning moves on along the generations, and those warning us for hat drivers in the eighties, are possibly wearing one themselves now, while driving.:drive:

When I was in my twenties, I was also warned for drivers with a hat (or worse : those with a cap). Curiously, the stigma about hat wearing drivers also appears in an original Ian Fleming James Bond novel, Goldfinger (1959) as I recall. So, that warning moves on along the generations, and those warning us for hat drivers in the eighties, are possibly wearing one themselves now, while driving.:drive:
I am definitely not!

Back
Top Bottom