Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great way to sell apples
image-t3r89rMTa0IFvVfZ.jpg

Umm, exactly how is she using that vacuum cleaner?
image-RwymTSd6ZqXwl946.jpg

Unfortunate placement of ad, part 1
image-wtbEv1sAAAMqCo8P.jpg

Unfortunate placement of ad, part 2
image-vcNWj8tCPalQqg8l.jpg

These are from a book called "Disorder in the Court" and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while the exchanges were taking place. I think all were from the law firm of Dewey, Screwem & Howell.
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
WITNESS: Every year.
WITNESS: Forty-five years.
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He's 20, very close to your IQ.

These are from a book called "Disorder in the Court" and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while the exchanges were taking place. I think all were from the law firm of Dewey, Screwem & Howell.
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
WITNESS: Every year.
WITNESS: Forty-five years.
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He's 20, very close to your IQ.

Sven, The Swedish Wrestler

A Russian and Sven the Swedish wrestler were set to square off for the Olympic Gold Medal.

Before the final match, the Swedish wrestling coach came to Sven and said, "Now, don't forget all the research we've done on this Russian. He's never lost a match because of this 'pretzel' hold he has" Whatever you do, do not let him get you in that hold! If he does, you're finished'. Sven nodded in acknowledgment.

As the match started, Sven and the Russian circled each other several times, looking for an opening.

All of a sudden, the Russian lunged forward, grabbing Sven and wrapping him up in the dreaded pretzel hold.

A sigh of disappointment arose from the crowd and the coach buried his face in his hands, for he knew all was lost.

He couldn't watch the inevitable happen.

Suddenly, there was a scream, then a cheer from the crowd and the coach raised his eyes just in time to watch
the Russian go flying up in the air.

His back hit the mat with a thud and Sven collapsed on top of him making the pin and winning the match.

The crowd went crazy. The coach was astounded.

When he finally got his wrestler alone, he asked, "How did you ever get out of that hold? No one has ever done it before!"

Sven answered, "Vell, I vas ready to give up ven he got me in dat pretzel hold, but at da last moment, I opened my eyes and saw dis pair of testicles right in front of my face...I had nuttin' to lose so wid my last ounce of strength I stretched out my neck and bit dose babies just as hard as I could."

So the trainer exclaimed, "That's what finished him off!"

"Vel not really. You'd be amazed how strong you get ven you bite your own nuts!"

The equivalent British law firm is Robb, Steele, Robb, Steele and Pilfah.
Sue, Grabbit and Runne were well-known -
and there really was an Irish firm of solicitors named Argue and Phibbs.

Hilarious names. The closest we have in the US is a two-hundred-year-old Boston firm, Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.
May I also point out that my late father was a lawyer, and one of the highest integrity (which for a lawyer isn't saying much!):(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom