Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
View attachment 1270728

Over Philly!

Don’t see a Chanuck refueling it but still not a normal overfly!

Those things cost more than they worth unless proven.
I saw an Osprey in flight only once, years ago flying south over the Hudson near Manhattan.

As for their cost:

Development was protracted and controversial, partly because of large cost increases,[52] some of which were caused by a requirement to fold wings and rotors to fit aboard ships.[53] The development budget was first set at US$2.5 billion in 1986, increasing to a projected US$30 billion in 1988.[31] By 2008, US$27 billion had been spent and another US$27.2 billion was required for planned production numbers.[24] Between 2008 and 2011, the V-22's estimated lifetime cost grew by 61%, mostly for maintenance and support.[54]

Its [The V-22's] production costs are considerably greater than for helicopters with equivalent capability – specifically, about twice as great as for the CH-53E, which has a greater payload and an ability to carry heavy equipment the V-22 cannot ... an Osprey unit would cost around $60 million to produce, and $35 million for the helicopter equivalent.[55]
— Michael E. O'Hanlon, 2002

e6e50f280d6a3b3d89d1dde7c198b12b.jpg
@Jollyrei ‘s luck at dating was never very good … must have been something about his appearance that scared them away.

Is it ok to post a small video here? Kinda funny. Absolutely on theme (hammering). Mostly awesome.
I’ve seen it done, but I have no idea how.

Video posters? Help here.

They make a blinking racket coming over my house, day in, day out! :doh:
Should have heard it at my house in Saudi Arabia, 1991, just across the fence from the Dhahran airbase and right at the end of the runways. We got used to the planes taking off in groups of ten for weeks before Desert Storm started. We knew the war had started when the jets came over our house non-stop, heavily loaded and on full afterburner. And then the scuds started hitting around us, explosions rocking our house, knocking pictures off the walls. Those were some noisy times!

Should have heard it at my house in Saudi Arabia, 1991, just across the fence from the Dhahran airbase and right at the end of the runways. We got used to the planes taking off in groups of ten for weeks before Desert Storm started. We knew the war had started when the jets came over our house non-stop, heavily loaded and on full afterburner. And then the scuds started hitting around us, explosions rocking our house, knocking pictures off the walls. Those were some noisy times!
Yep, I'll give you that one, Jedakk. No one's ever tried to drop a scud down my chimney!

Maybe I'll learn to love the Ospreys... they make a very distinctive sound.

Yep, I'll give you that one, Jedakk. No one's ever tried to drop a scud down my chimney!

Maybe I'll learn to love the Ospreys... they make a very distinctive sound.
I don't have a chimney, but I spent desert storm in a bomb shelter with a gas mask strapped to my face. Does that count?

And no, I hadn't developed any fetishes about it, just an intense loathing.

I don't have a chimney, but I spent desert storm in a bomb shelter with a gas mask strapped to my face. Does that count?

And no, I hadn't developed any fetishes about it, just an intense loathing.
You had a bomb shelter? I had a double-wide mobile home, but I wore my gas mask too, at least at first. I realized it wasn't going to save me so I gave up on that and started going out and watching the show during the air raids. The Patriots would launch off of the airbase when the Scuds were falling and there would be all these booms, the first one when the Patriots came out of the launchers, the second when they went supersonic, and the third when they got close to their targets and exploded. One of them passed just a few hundred feet over my head one evening on its way to intercept a Scud. Quite a sight. Glad I lived through it.

You had a bomb shelter? I had a double-wide mobile home, but I wore my gas mask too, at least at first. I realized it wasn't going to save me so I gave up on that and started going out and watching the show during the air raids. The Patriots would launch off of the airbase when the Scuds were falling and there would be all these booms, the first one when the Patriots came out of the launchers, the second when they went supersonic, and the third when they got close to their targets and exploded. One of them passed just a few hundred feet over my head one evening on its way to intercept a Scud. Quite a sight. Glad I lived through it.
Every house and apartment where I live has one by government regulation, exactly for this type of situation. And I was a kid at the time so deciding not to wear it was not my call to make. But this is off topic. Feel free to DM me if you have other questions.

Back
Top Bottom