Nude Out Of Place

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes the grotesque ideas of the corona believers are out...... https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04...ude-sunbathers-ordered-to-cover-their-mouths/

But naturally there might be more people at naturist places if you are allowed to cover your face.
It's funny that whenever you see a story like this you automatically think it's going to be california, but apparently the czech republic is also being run by basket cases too :(

Here's one for the czech summer 2021 naturist collection;
31061474-nude-woman-in-exclusive-gas-mask.jpg

Surely we like to replay "Eyes wide shut" with masks, any one volunteering? Eva? DarkPrincess? View attachment 946886
Oh yeah certainly!

Am I the only person who thinks that movie was more of a documentary than a drama?
I think probably not.

Strange that Kubrick died before it even got released...

Oh yeah certainly!

Am I the only person who thinks that movie was more of a documentary than a drama?
I think probably not.

Strange that Kubrick died before it even got released...
Yes, we all heard about it. I actually didn't liked the movie when I first saw it, but naturally to see Nicole Kidman nude, or not nude, as in golden Kompass, is always worth to see it.

Yes, we all heard about it. I actually didn't liked the movie when I first saw it, but naturally to see Nicole Kidman nude, or not nude, as in golden Kompass, is always worth to see it.
Indeed so. Nicole looked absolutely amazing in this. While it's probably Kubrick's weakest movie, the expose in recent years of the excesses of the Hollywood elite has perhaps made it even more relevant than it was on its original release. I think it's fair to say that the gods of Mount Hollywood are not so keen to be in the spotlight after all :)

Needless to say I have this one on bluray, purely for the purposes of closely examining Nicole Kidman's body on a frame-by frame basis :p

True, but that's about it, because the rest of Golden Compass was pretty much just about "dust". :D
The book was way better than the movie (as is invariably the case). For some reason, the producers made the decision to remove all the anti-religious stuff from the script, thereby significantly diluting the story to the point where it was all a bit pointless.

Were it to be remade today, you can be sure that all of that stuff would be front and centre of course

For some reason, the producers made the decision to remove all the anti-religious stuff from the script, thereby significantly diluting the story to the point where it was all a bit pointless.
Yes, but it's hard to fathom why they would do that. The books were quite popular, to the point where they had plans to do a full 3 movie treatment, but they made such a hash of the first one that nobody with money really wanted to back the sequels. If they had stuck with the theme of the books, they might have done better. The books were popular because they were a good story, and because of their theme (not in spite of it, as the movie producers seemed to think), as much as anything, and most people don't particularly care if the characters are religious. Taking out the "anti-religious" stuff essentially left them with "dust". I think they were also trying to get the Narnia audience, at the time, and the Narnia stories were (apparently) pro-religious. The thing they failed to see there is that the Narnia audience, for the most part, also did not care about the religious theme one way or another (except as a plot point perhaps).

Yes, but it's hard to fathom why they would do that. The books were quite popular, to the point where they had plans to do a full 3 movie treatment, but they made such a hash of the first one that nobody with money really wanted to back the sequels. If they had stuck with the theme of the books, they might have done better. The books were popular because they were a good story, and because of their theme (not in spite of it, as the movie producers seemed to think), as much as anything, and most people don't particularly care if the characters are religious. Taking out the "anti-religious" stuff essentially left them with "dust". I think they were also trying to get the Narnia audience, at the time, and the Narnia stories were (apparently) pro-religious. The thing they failed to see there is that the Narnia audience, for the most part, also did not care about the religious theme one way or another (except as a plot point perhaps).
A lot of it comes down to American studios worrying that if they go against religion, they'll have distribution problems in the southern states. Whether this is real or imagined in the 21st century (or even the 20th) is hard to say, but America does have the reputation of being populated by religious fanatics, so you never know. Personally I don't know of any Americans that fit this stereotype, so maybe the studios are just running with an obsolete playbook, which wouldn't surprise me as there's an old saying that states that "Hollywood is where trends go to die" which seems to be the case given that everything they're shitting out these days feels like it was made in 2015.

So there's been a long tradition of US movies shying away from anything that might upset the religious types (witness the furore when the DaVinci Code came out - although again most of the fuss was whipped up by the media rather than church leaders themselves)

These days of course, the situation has totally reversed, with Hollywood taking on a highly anti-religious (well mainly anti-Christian) mindset (maybe that's because all the studios are being run by communist sympathisers who are only interested in pandering to Chinese audiences rather than western ones.

Of course the endless diet of toxic wokeness and twitter outrage mobs that they're encouraging means that they're even failing to do that.

Hollywood is so very keen to bang the diversity drum these days, so maybe it should go the whole hog and become genuinely diverse by starting to make movies in places other than California - that would be a good start :)

Every dog has his day, and Hollywood had theirs a LONG time ago, that's for sure

maybe the studios are just running with an obsolete playbook,
So there's been a long tradition of US movies shying away from anything that might upset the religious types (witness the furore when the DaVinci Code came out - although again most of the fuss was whipped up by the media rather than church leaders themselves)
Quite so, and one could perhaps remember also the hype in the US about Harry Potter and how those books (and movies) were anti-christian and all about satanic witchcraft. As it turned out, that only got people more interested - you can't buy publicity like that. :D

Quite so, and one could perhaps remember also the hype in the US about Harry Potter and how those books (and movies) were anti-christian and all about satanic witchcraft. As it turned out, that only got people more interested - you can't buy publicity like that. :D
Yeah true enough. Getting back to the DaVinci code, it has to be said that Dan Brown was already a quite successful author, but once the Pope had come out and condemned the book (this was long before the movie was made) he was instantly made into a household name, and that certainly hasn't done him any harm whatsoever.

Yeah true enough. Getting back to the DaVinci code, it has to be said that Dan Brown was already a quite successful author, but once the Pope had come out and condemned the book (this was long before the movie was made) he was instantly made into a household name, and that certainly hasn't done him any harm whatsoever.
Did the Pope got a share of the royalties?

Yes, but it's hard to fathom why they would do that. The books were quite popular, to the point where they had plans to do a full 3 movie treatment, but they made such a hash of the first one
Hollywood then and later produce for the asian/south-asian market and how could you attract these peoples with blasphemy against the Catholic Church? I was with a christian (lutheran) asian girl at this movie and she somewhat liked it, while she was against the books. So in some sense the movie makes sense and when I remember the second part was not produced due to problems with the writers and now Dakota is too old.9ee93589fbbf408909f6d09f849dcaf1.jpg

Hollywood then and later produce for the asian/south-asian market and how could you attract these peoples with blasphemy against the Catholic Church? I was with a christian (lutheran) asian girl at this movie and she somewhat liked it, while she was against the books. So in some sense the movie makes sense and when I remember the second part was not produced due to problems with the writers and now Dakota is too old.View attachment 947095
It's not just a Christian thing. It's more to do with the fact that the Chinese government see religion as a supernatural thing which flies in the face of communist ideology and is thus forbidden in movies destined for the Chinese market. And since China is a huge market these days, we see US film studios bending the knee to Chinese censorship in order to get a slice of the pie. And its not just movies either - we're seeing it in the video games market too, particularly on consoles and mobile platforms :(

I don't much care what another country does within the confines of its own borders, but when you see American companies pandering to authoritarian regimes like this, it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth :(

The world expects America to lead by example, not to kowtow to unpleasant ideologies just to make a fast buck :(

It's not just a Christian thing. It's more to do with the fact that the Chinese government see religion as a supernatural thing which flies in the face of communist ideology and is thus forbidden in movies destined for the Chinese market. And since China is a huge market these days, we see US film studios bending the knee to Chinese censorship in order to get a slice of the pie. And its not just movies either - we're seeing it in the video games market too, particularly on consoles and mobile platforms :(

I don't much care what another country does within the confines of its own borders, but when you see American companies pandering to authoritarian regimes like this, it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth :(

The world expects America to lead by example, not to kowtow to unpleasant ideologies just to make a fast buck :(
that is so and it also mean that any sexual stuff moves out of the movies. I stopped watching movies, last was superman vs batman. The scrambled Star Wars I will not look, a female James Bond is a torture, as if there was no female spy to make movies about! Such as Gabrielle Petit or Mata HariAKG250031.jpgjh-XbK4z_400x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom