Nude Soldiers, Warriors etc.

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Amazons of Dahomey deserve to be mentioned here. They earned themselves an excellent reputation. Touching them meant losing head and genitalia.

Attachments

• Dahomey Amazon.jpeg
    Dahomey Amazon.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Dahomey-amazons.jpg
    Dahomey-amazons.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 102
  • female warriors of Africa.jpg
    female warriors of Africa.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 114
The Amazons of Dahomey deserve to be mentioned here. They earned themselves an excellent reputation. Touching them meant losing head and genitalia.
So practicing "social distancing". Very modern attitude of a primitive tribe, which are naturally not primitive at all. I just understand it as technical term.

Okay, do soldiers allways undress, when they see water? Probably only when there are fotografs are taken:
131_KP_497_33_1.jpg

Here, I have problems with the car, but should be germans in russia (1942 or 1943):
barbarossa.jpg

Here an african soldier prove that not all black males have big dicks. Good to know:

liberia.jpg

Some pictures of military personal contain so many errors, like greetings and not greeting caps, no caps and some have berets, hand position wrong, one has a necklace visible, why is the mag not inserted, etc that you do not even notice that they are nude!
greatmaker.jpg

Actually reenactement, mainly of Celts can be fun, or you might think that someone missed the point. The nude appearance of Celts are known and object of art
View attachment 1071388View attachment 1071389View attachment 1071392 there are also some statues....

So it might be useful to appear nude when you do reenactments

View attachment 1071393View attachment 1071394
Actually, a few of us in my Celtic re-enactment group have done this. The Romans HATE this. One of our guys stole one of their banners, and wore it as a loincloth. He made them remove it, themselves, to get it back. It was great watching them squirm.

Actually, a few of us in my Celtic re-enactment group have done this. The Romans HATE this. One of our guys stole one of their banners, and wore it as a loincloth. He made them remove it, themselves, to get it back. It was great watching them squirm.
Revenge!

02RXpRS.jpeg

Honestly, I wondered about that, on the other hand it is known, that parts of clothing in wounds can gave severe infections, so it might even be wise to appear nude on battlefield (not at the re-enactment!, with the many TV stations.) The man published the above pics was studying the possible skin colours, do your colleagues also do this blue skin paintings?

One of the historic novel I know by Cueni, I think, was pointing out, that romans were shocked by the nude attackers. I would wonder why,

Revenge!

View attachment 1074527

Honestly, I wondered about that, on the other hand it is known, that parts of clothing in wounds can gave severe infections, so it might even be wise to appear nude on battlefield (not at the re-enactment!, with the many TV stations.) The man published the above pics was studying the possible skin colours, do your colleagues also do this blue skin paintings?

One of the historic novel I know by Cueni, I think, was pointing out, that romans were shocked by the nude attackers. I would wonder why,
Hah! This pic was taken at Old Ft McArthur Days, in San Pedro California in the mid 2000s. I used to do this event every year, when I lived there. Pretty sure those guys are from the old Legio IX Hispana, though I'd have to track down my old photos to be sure.

There are two known instances of Celts actually going nude into battle. One group was the Gaesatae (Spear men of Gaul), which was a special group of warriors that trained together as a unit, in the nude. It was thought that they did this 1) to prove how brave and worthy they were, and 2) to intimidate and confuse their enemy. They were a formidable fighting force, by all accounts, and trained specifically to fight in this fashion.
The second group to do it were a group of Galatians, making a last stand. These men were not in their prime, and had grown soft. It is thought that they did it in imitation of the Gaesatae, in hopes that they could intimidate their enemy and increase their own moral. They were described as pasty, round, and flabby, and they were quickly crushed in a short infantry battle. They didn't stand a chance.

As for the blue dye...there are lots of questions about that. The later Picts were known to tattoo themselves with blue pigment. The contemporary Scythian cultures were known to tattoo themselves. There is some debate about whether or not the general 'Celtic' cultures tattooed themselves at all, used blue paint, or didn't do this, at all. If they did, it was probably thought to be some form of protective talisman for battle, or simply decoration, though, again, real evidence of it is scanty. If they did, it would most likely have been some form of woad dye. Interestingly, woad has been shown to have some antiseptic properties, though whether this was known, or how much it would help, is debatable.

On the whole, most Celtic warriors would not actually go nude. They would wear clothes. Bright clothes. The brightest and gaudiest they could afford. Unless, of course, they could afford armour. If they could afford a maille shirt, helmet, possibly felt or some sort of leather or padded garment, then they certainly would have worn that. They were all about flashiness, and displays of wealth...and they were not fools.

Hah! This pic was taken at Old Ft McArthur Days, in San Pedro California in the mid 2000s. I used to do this event every year, when I lived there. Pretty sure those guys are from the old Legio IX Hispana, though I'd have to track down my old photos to be sure.
I was so laughing, when I saw that pic, it is so cool! Thanks for the detailed information about the Celts. That is one of the good things on CF the many well-informed people. I knew that the Celts, were also very good in metal fabrication, so they might have been able to make better arms than the romans. So it is a sort of mystery how they lost battles. For training it may make sense to do it in the nude. Spear throwing is a very delicate interplay of different muscles, so that can be better seen and corrected when nude. Anyway, if a similar event in my place occurs, I will consider to join the Gaesatae: I was always interested in spears!

I was so laughing, when I saw that pic, it is so cool! Thanks for the detailed information about the Celts. That is one of the good things on CF the many well-informed people. I knew that the Celts, were also very good in metal fabrication, so they might have been able to make better arms than the romans. So it is a sort of mystery how they lost battles. For training it may make sense to do it in the nude. Spear throwing is a very delicate interplay of different muscles, so that can be better seen and corrected when nude. Anyway, if a similar event in my place occurs, I will consider to join the Gaesatae: I was always interested in spears!
Actually, you throw javelins, you keep your spear. Fight with a single handed spear and center grip shield. Think of it like a long, wooden handled rapier. It's always best to train the way you fight. If you fight naked, then train naked. If you fight armoured, then train armoured.
Yes, the Celts were, in general, very skilled metalworkers, and most Roman equipment is ultimately based off of designs from other cultures.
As for how they lost...They won more battles than they lost. But, they were not unified. They fought amongst themselves. Many allied with the Romans. And most Celtic tribes were great raiders, artists, craftsmen, etc, but they didn't generally have a concept of long, drawn out conflicts. Roman bureaucrats, negotiators, and accountants generally won the wars, not the soldiers.

I should ask what should come first? A reasonable rifle or uniforms?

ak47_2.jpgak47.jpg

Probably the uniform, so they can exercise outdoor.

Back
Top Bottom