Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
This cheered me up:

Here he is, speaking to us across all these centuries:

3648.jpg
Love it! I think there are probably more such selfies than is generally realised, especially from the late middle ages, peeping out of stone and wood carving in out of the way parts of churches. I know a mason who worked on an Oxford college who was encouraged to carve caricatures of some of the Fellows - and of himself - when restoring the buildings, so the custom has not been lost.

Hoo can there be a second Liz when the first yin's never bin?
She's Queen Elizabeth I of Scots. But in a bulletin for Nigeria, I'd have put
'Di Queen make am Knight ... for Holyrood Palace in Scotland.'
I'm sure if they'd just said 'Di Queen', that would have sufficed -
Nigeria is in the Commonwealth, of which the Queen is still the head,
I'm sure speakers of Nigerian Pidgin would be in no doubt which Queen they were referring to.
Properly: ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA F.D.

Properly: ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA F.D.
Back when the Queen succeeded to the throne, some new letterboxes were installed in Scotland bearing the legend E II R. It was pointed out quickly, politely but firmly that this was incorrect, so all 'Elizabethan' letterboxes in Scotland simply have ER.

oho here in poland not good news even in warsaw capital city no respirators now even doctors off respirators when someone think no have chance to survive no personel also to use they too becuse 20% medics here on quarantine are they want give medics now to quarantine on 10 days only not 30 days meow :oops: :cat:

oho still protests in poland here about new exacerbation abortion law in me city still protesters with transparents even at night now in caturday new restrictions like weak lockdown and they probarly will be getting more big fines for protesters and more go to arrest probarly :oops: :cat:
strajk.jpg

A really long flash-back for the oldster UKers here. I have a friend who grew up in London and was a regular dancer on this:
this is what the oldsters were led astray by when they were youngsters:

Oh yeah I remember Pan's People - they were great but I was just a little girl when they were at their height. It was Hot Gossip that did it for me as a teenager - Ooooh Sarah Brightman used to get me really excited :p

By which I mean she did then and she still does today :p

The modern generation don't realise how we oldsters suffered back then.
Having to try to watch Pans People on a blurry black & white TV, with Mum and Dad in the room, and Dad saying "How much longer do you want to watch this rubbish, son?"
I still wonder if this question was his way of deflecting his interest in the girls away from my mother?

Back
Top Bottom