Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nice legs, indeed! But some shoes!:confused:
I’ve always thought of such shoes as Big Fashion-dictated instruments of torture, which should banned under the Geneva Conventions.

Long ago a lady assured me that said shoes enhance the musculature of the legs, making them more attractive thereby.

I took her word for it, with a sizable grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 6E574609-90A8-4F29-9524-835DBF3FA54A.jpeg
    6E574609-90A8-4F29-9524-835DBF3FA54A.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 72
I’ve always thought of such shoes as Big Fashion-dictated instruments of torture, which should banned under the Geneva Conventions.

Long ago a lady assured me that said shoes enhance the musculature of the legs, making them more attractive thereby.

Well such shoes do indeed enhance the look of our legs. Our asses as well. We are very much aware of this.

In at least one of my fantasy worlds, I strut around and dance in stilettoes for several hours a day.

In real life though, I could rarely stand to do that for more than half an hour before taking a nice long break. :rolleyes:

Well such shoes do indeed enhance the look of our legs. Our asses as well. We are very much aware of this.

In at least one of my fantasy worlds, I strut around and dance in stilettoes for several hours a day.

In real life though, I could rarely stand to do that for more than half an hour before taking a nice long break. :rolleyes:
With your hands tied overhead and your arms pulled tight so that you are stretched taunt would help you to stand in them!

Attachments

• 128218955-sad-asian-hostage-woman-tied-hands-with-red-rope-on-dirty-roof-ceiling-in-abandoned-...jpg
    128218955-sad-asian-hostage-woman-tied-hands-with-red-rope-on-dirty-roof-ceiling-in-abandoned-...jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 73
  • tumblr_o5fk9jMMDk1vr7rpfo4_500.jpg
    tumblr_o5fk9jMMDk1vr7rpfo4_500.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 78

Venerable Mom was of a generation that wore these every damn day

D1B441BE-EE75-4A52-B749-C97350055CA6.jpeg

which she did until her early 30s, really wrecking her feet, her toes. When I was 6 or 7 she took me along with her to the podiatrist.

I saw. :eeek:

She wore flats forever after.

Found t-shirt I’d like, but wonder if the joke carries over into other languages?

View attachment 982080
not sure - in Glasgow it would be called a 'Paisley screwdriver' - but I know 'drill' has a range of other meanings, many shared, some only or mainly US.

not sure - in Glasgow it would be called a 'Paisley screwdriver' - but I know 'drill' has a range of other meanings, many shared, some only or mainly US.
This is the intended meaning. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t have the same sense in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.

Definition of drill​

(Entry 1 of 6)
transitive verb
1a: to fix something in the mind or habit pattern of by repetitive instruction drill pupils in spelling
b: to impart or communicate by repetition
c: to train or exercise in military drill

This is the intended meaning. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t have the same sense in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.

Definition of drill​

(Entry 1 of 6)
transitive verb
1a: to fix something in the mind or habit pattern of by repetitive instruction drill pupils in spelling
b: to impart or communicate by repetition
c: to train or exercise in military drill
yes ... maybe it's a sign of a mis-spent youth that I can add a couple of other senses - one being, needless to say, 'to fuck', the other (apparently from the Black music, hip-hop and rapping, scene) 'to shoot dead'.

The ultimate virtue-signaling for the environmentally concerned:
I'm entirely happy with that idea, the thought of the stuff that makes up 'me' feeding other lives - plants and all the life (including ours) that depends on them. I'm not clear whether the compost is bagged up and sold, or why it has to be done in a special facility. Otherwise, a simple, 'natural' burial seems just as good a way to turn into compost, and there are plenty of places we can do that.

I've just had the following included in an Eventbrite listing (my interests must have escaped!) which may interest a few members, a learned talk about witch trials in New England for $5, via Zoom.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/witchc...nded_events_quantity=15&aff=ebemnsuserinsight
I have visited Salem several times and been the stage manager for a production of "The Crucible". The Salem Witch Museum, though a bit kitschy, has very good historical artifacts and a decently accurate presentation of the history.

OS, you would be interested in Giles Corey, 81, who was caught up in the frenzy. He refused to plead either guilty or not guilty. If he didn't plea then he couldn't be tried and his property, which would be confiscated if found guilty, was safe for his children.
To force a person to plead, they were 'pressed.' In this process, prisoners were stripped naked, and heavy boards were laid on their bodies. Then rocks or boulders were laid on the plank of wood. This was done to Corey for three successive days, during which the only words he said when urged to plea, were "more weight." On the third day, he died, still innocent of the charges in the eyes of the law.
Also in Salem is the House of Seven Gables, built 24 years before the witch trials and the title inspiration for the 1851 novel by Salem native, Nathaniel Hawthorne. His ancestors include John Hathorne, the only judge from the Salem witch trials who never repented of his involvement. In protest, Nathaniel's branch of the family changed their name by adding the 'w' as a small dig at their ancestor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom