Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'm afraid that some who have not visited the spectacular sights in the American West (especially our foreign friends) don't realize how truly spectacular the vistas can be. Here is a vintage photo which may convey the grand scale.
Glacier Point and South Dome, Yosemite Valley, 1898
Glacier Point and South Dome, Yosemite Valley, 1898.jpg
Note the men standing on top of Glacier Point.

I'm afraid that some who have not visited the spectacular sights in the American West (especially our foreign friends) don't realize how truly spectacular the vistas can be. Here is a vintage photo which may convey the grand scale.
Glacier Point and South Dome, Yosemite Valley, 1898
View attachment 900296
Note the men standing on top of Glacier Point.
Yeah, well, now note the women :cheer:

1599924973715.png

It's a harsh business though.
It swallows people chews them up and spits them out.

And well, it's a business where everyone wears a bit of a mask, or at least projects a persona.
The squirrel just needs to slip into a different suit now an then ;)
As Raymond Chandler (almost) said:
Down these mean streets a squirrel must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete squirrel and a common squirrel and yet an unusual squirrel. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a squirrel of honor—by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best squirrel in his world and a good enough squirrel for any world.

Britain in WWI as seen by the Yanks:

Really interesting, and well done.
At one point he says of the British that they are "more reserved than a lot of us", but a lot of American soldiers must have come from fairly conservative and reserved backgrounds themselves? They weren't all New Yorkers

I began to doubt my memory after no response from the post
I noticed it earlier but chose not to mention it, considering the unusually high proportion of those who are well-versed in history on CF.

And it's from PrPr who is a known aficionado of history. So I probably would have thought it twice before confronting him, if he positively argued that the video was from the WWI :)

Back
Top Bottom