Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Odd......

2000.jpg

some other craters, that have nothing to do with volcanoes...

some other craters, that have nothing to do with volcanoes...
Methane hydrates, released from under melting permafrost?

One better does not smoke when strolling across arctic Siberia.

methane hydrate (arcticclimateemergency.com)

Methane clathrate - Wikipedia

I've had little time to post or write in the last day. This has monopolized my time - absolutely fascinating and mesmerizing! Five hours at a time. Worth playing over and over!
Shipping Forecast on BBc4 :eek:

I've had little time to post or write in the last day. This has monopolized my time - absolutely fascinating and mesmerizing! Five hours at a time. Worth playing over and over!
For those who don't know, BBC Radio 4 broadcasts a 15 minute shipping forecast at 12:45am every day. Insomniacs know it well.

It is preceded by this glorious piece of soothing music

For those who don't know, BBC Radio 4 broadcasts a 15 minute shipping forecast at 12:45am every day. Insomniacs know it well.

Indeed, the forecast at 05.30 does not contain as many weather station reports and usually omits Trafalgar. Nerdy facts from an insomniac.

An urban myth (perhaps?) is that our nuclear-armed subs listen for the shipping forecast, and if heard, all is still well.

On march 6th 1869 Mendeleev presented the first periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.
Not the first attempt to discover periodicity in the chemical elements, but Mendelev was the first to include still empty places in his table, of elements still to be discovered.

Shipping Forecast on BBc4
I recall these shipping forecasts on our radio, already from the 1960's (together with information about water levels and flow rates of inland waterways). But it is the first time I see what these nautical regions mean.

Back
Top Bottom