Original Manipulations by Cruxforums Members

Go to CruxDreams.com
This charming little slave has been finding inspiration in the coloured patterns of sunlight shining through a stained glass window, whilst waiting to be called to perform her dance.
The background is a detail of a window from the painting by John Frederick Lewis, 'A Lady Receiving Visitors', which has recently been employed by @CamCrux and @Jollyrei in their harem scenes. Alice also appears in the window seat of Jolly's manip. :)

That is beautiful, Bob!

Your mastery of light and colour is truly astonishing to us lesser mortals!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That is beautiful, Bob!

Your mastery of light and colour is truly astonishing to us lesser mortals!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thanks, Wragg - the real challenges were removing the bead necklace and fitting the dancer's micro-skirt! :rolleyes: :D

This charming little slave has been finding inspiration in the coloured patterns of sunlight shining through a stained glass window, whilst waiting to be called to perform her dance.
The background is a detail of a window from the painting by John Frederick Lewis, 'A Lady Receiving Visitors', which has recently been employed by @CamCrux and @Jollyrei in their harem scenes. Alice also appears in the window seat of Jolly's manip. :)

Thanks to Alice for her loveliness, to John Frederick for his mastery of fine detail, and to Bob for making the two come together so happily !

That is a truly masterful work around the window, the reflection, and the use of the room. I can't make out which window you used, or how you did it, but the perspective and blend are apparently perfect. Alice is blended into the picture so perfectly that she might as well have just walked into the frame. I think we're all here now. She can start dancing anytime. :) Beautiful work, Bob.

Thanks to Alice for her loveliness, to John Frederick for his mastery of fine detail, and to Bob for making the two come together so happily !
That is a truly masterful work around the window, the reflection, and the use of the room. I can't make out which window you used, or how you did it, but the perspective and blend are apparently perfect. Alice is blended into the picture so perfectly that she might as well have just walked into the frame. I think we're all here now. She can start dancing anytime. :) Beautiful work, Bob.
Thanks very much for your compliments, Kam and Jolly. I imagined that a mezzanine balcony had been installed in the room, since the window I used appears high up, in the upper left of the original painting. The pattern of coloured light playing on the wall was visually appealing, and the perspective is not critical in this small area.

john-frederick-lewis-a-lady-receiving-visitors-25pc.jpg John Frederick Lewis ex-3 oriental dancer.jpg

I considered that Alice might be seeing the colours and symmetrical designs as a visual interpretation of the music, rhythm and movement associated with dancing. And so I felt inspired to portray her, suitably attired, as an oriental dancer.

After applying the new collar and skirt, the figure was blended into the scene by clipping an 'average' background filter, set to 10% opacity, followed by a fine, overall application of film grain, set to 50% opacity. It's all rather subtle but it helps to create the illusion that she is really standing in the room. I'm glad you like the result. :)

Last edited:
A work requested by Piraland to go with his crucifixion of Rias:

"An unthinkable and relatively magical thing happens!

Multicolored birds arrive and come to rest on the cross and the shoulders of Rias while squirrels from nowhere climb the cross and modestly cover the entire body of the crucified.

It is therefore in the company of her best friends that Rias will live her last days, her faithful and loving friends, much more honest and sympathetic than most men."

While an odd request I enjoyed doing it. Background and basic cross by Bob, the rest by me

ph386.jpg

This is a wonderful concept for a manipulations thread - thank you Wragg! As a result of my DeviantArt ban, most of my manips which were externally hosted on that site have now disappeared from Cruxforums, including a recent contribution to 'Fit, Lovely Ladies Crucified'. But I have taken the opportunity to improve some details of that manipulation prior to reposting it here.

When members expressed a desire to see a plaster cast of Alice as a church crucifix, I adapted one of her 'Ivdaea Capta' poses, originally sourced from Femjoy's Crimean Coastal series, 'Droplets on my Skin'. The result is now the latest version of 'Alicia Ecclesiastica' -

I did in the same way, into the Pont Croix'abbatial , but mixing a real photo that I made ( background ) and a pic from SG ...
"Les grands esprits se rencontrent, Bob ... " " the great spirits are meeting, Bob ... )
;)

Attachments

• 4 Britanny calvary.JPG
    4 Britanny calvary.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 728
It is therefore in the company of her best friends that Rias will live her last days, her faithful and loving friends, much more honest and sympathetic than most men."
While an odd request I enjoyed doing it. Background and basic cross by Bob, the rest by me
ph386.jpg
Gotta be one of the most unique bits of crux art to grace these forums. ;) :)
Wow, that is certainly different - quite charming and highly original, Phlebas! The location and woodwork are familiar, of course.
The only precedent I can think of currently for other creatures joining the crucifix is Markus' drawing of 'Sabrina' for Le Chat.
So, I think we can safely describe the combination of squirrels and parrots as unique. :)

18dv10 sain Markus Sabina sab.jpg

I did in the same way, into the Pont Croix'abbatial , but mixing a real photo that I made ( background ) and a pic from SG ...
"Les grands esprits se rencontrent, Bob ... " " the great spirits are meeting, Bob ... )
;)
Messa 4 Britanny calvary.JPG

I like it! Beautiful work - well done Messa! And it's definitely in the genre of 'Messa Ecclesiastica'! One day we may start a dedicated thread for 'Cathedral Crux Manips'! :D

Wow, that is certainly different - quite charming and highly original, Phlebas! The location and woodwork are familiar, of course.
The only precedent I can think of currently for other creatures joining the crucifix is Markus' drawing of 'Sabrina' for Le Chat.
So, I think we can safely describe the combination of squirrels and parrots as unique. :)

I like it! Beautiful work - well done Messa! And it's definitely in the genre of 'Messa Ecclesiastica'! One day we may start a dedicated thread for 'Cathedral Crux Manips'! :D
oho there is sweet black kittie there meow :oops: :cat: :conejo::mouse:

;)
Bob, where did you first post this wonderful and impressive picture of Alicia Filia Dei Crucifixa Pro Nobis Peccatoribus ? I want to Like it and comment !

Bob, where did you first post this wonderful and impressive picture of Alicia Filia Dei Crucifixa Pro Nobis Peccatoribus ? I want to Like it and comment !
Hi Kam, thanks for your enquiry about this picture. The discussion about wanting to see a plaster crucifix of Alice displayed in a church, evolved originally in the thread, 'Fit, Lovely Ladies Crucified'. This is a thread in which Wragg intended Alice to keep a low profile. But I responded to the discussion by adapting one of my 'Ivdaea Capta' figures to represent such an ecclesiastical crucifix, and hosted the resulting image on my DeviantArt Sta.sh. Unfortunately the hosted image disappeared after I was banned by DeviantArt. :rolleyes:

So, when Wragg created this current thread, I took the opportunity to make some improvements to the 'Alicia Ecclesiastica' image before re-posting it, with a brief explanation, on page 2 -

For those interested in the changes I made, I will re-post the first and second versions here. The first uses the figure of Alice which I created for 'Ivdaea Capta 5b'. This early manipulation was produced entirely in Windows Paint and Apache OpenOffice-Draw because I did not have Photoshop or anything similar.

Because 'Paint' only provides rotations of 90 degrees and 180 degrees, the only way to rotate the figure was to estimate the number of degrees of rotation and enter the number into the 'Draw' application, by trial and error. Unfortunately, the rotation process in 'Draw' causes the pixels to shift out of alignment, resulting in a 'saw-tooth' effect, which is quite noticeable in the gaps between Alice's legs and elsewhere in the 'Ivdaea Capta' picture as well as the first 'Alicia Ecclesiastica' manip.

Since I was now able to make an accurate rotation in Photoshop, I went back to the original Femjoy figure source, and started again. The arms are not part of the original source, and so they retain the effects of pixel-shift, but the potential overall improvement justified the replacement of everything from the head to the knees, as seen in the second version of 'Alicia Ecclesiastica'.

I had to try and remember which colour balance and saturation adjustments I had made to the figure the first time, in order to blend in the skin tone of the modified figure, which is intended to represent a painted plaster casting (the beads of perspiration attesting to the remarkable skill of the sculptor!) I also modified the background, forcing the perspective slightly wider across the base to provide a more convincing low viewpoint, consistent with the crucifix. I believe this is Alice's first appearance in a loincloth, which was adapted from an example worn by one of Ramon Martinez' crux models.

Ivdaea Capta 5b.jpgAlicia Ecclesiastica x1.jpgAlicia Ecclesiastica.jpg

Hi Kam, thanks for your enquiry about this picture. The discussion about wanting to see a plaster crucifix of Alice displayed in a church, evolved originally in the thread, 'Fit, Lovely Ladies Crucified'. This is a thread in which Wragg intended Alice to keep a low profile. But I responded to the discussion by adapting one of my 'Ivdaea Capta' figures to represent such an ecclesiastical crucifix, and hosted the resulting image on my DeviantArt Sta.sh. Unfortunately the hosted image disappeared after I was banned by DeviantArt. :rolleyes:

So, when Wragg created this current thread, I took the opportunity to make some improvements to the 'Alicia Ecclesiastica' image before re-posting it, with a brief explanation, on page 2 -

For those interested in the changes I made, I will re-post the first and second versions here. The first uses the figure of Alice which I created for 'Ivdaea Capta 5b'. This early manipulation was produced entirely in Windows Paint and Apache OpenOffice-Draw because I did not have Photoshop or anything similar.

Because 'Paint' only provides rotations of 90 degrees and 180 degrees, the only way to rotate the figure was to estimate the number of degrees of rotation and enter the number into the 'Draw' application, by trial and error. Unfortunately, the rotation process in 'Draw' causes the pixels to shift out of alignment, resulting in a 'saw-tooth' effect, which is quite noticeable in the gaps between Alice's legs and elsewhere in the 'Ivdaea Capta' picture as well as the first 'Alicia Ecclesiastica' manip.

Since I was now able to make an accurate rotation in Photoshop, I went back to the original Femjoy figure source, and started again. The arms are not part of the original source, and so they retain the effects of pixel-shift, but the potential overall improvement justified the replacement of everything from the head to the knees, as seen in the second version of 'Alicia Ecclesiastica'.

I had to try and remember which colour balance and saturation adjustments I had made to the figure the first time, in order to blend in the skin tone of the modified figure, which is intended to represent a painted plaster casting (the beads of perspiration attesting to the remarkable skill of the sculptor!) I also modified the background, forcing the perspective slightly wider across the base to provide a more convincing low viewpoint, consistent with the crucifix. I believe this is Alice's first appearance in a loincloth, which was adapted from an example worn by one of Ramon Martinez' crux models.

A most remarkable achievement, Bob ! The plaster texture and colour of the Crucified's skin are convincing. The beads of sweat on the Martyr's body testify, as you remarked, to the sculptor's incredible skill. Alicia's grimace of pain befits her present situation. It could also be construed as a grin, which could be explained by the fact that despite her pain and impending death she knows she will soon sit at the right of Her Father in Heaven.
The upward shot gives a dramatic feel to the image. It places us in the position of believers kneeling at the foot of the cross.
To follow in the footsteps of her illustrious predecessor, Jesus Christ, she would need to wear a crown of thorns, and also a spear-inflicted wound on her left (or was it right ?) side. But this is a different martyr for a different faith.
The loincloth looks quite good on Alice. Of course it is a matter of debate whether her torturers would care for her modesty and allow the loincloth. But total nudity, while historically more likely, would not be fitting in a church of the Alician denomination.
Bravo Bob !

messaline said:
"Les grands esprits se rencontrent, Bob ... " " the great spirits are meeting, Bob ... ) ;)

If you want to comment Bob'pic, adress directely to his pic, not to mine ...

You post as much Alice as you like on this thread, and

We can post them here, why not ? ;)
between you, as many cathedrals as you like! :) ;)

A most remarkable achievement, Bob ! The plaster texture and colour of the Crucified's skin are convincing. The beads of sweat on the Martyr's body testify, as you remarked, to the sculptor's incredible skill. Alicia's grimace of pain befits her present situation. It could also be construed as a grin, which could be explained by the fact that despite her pain and impending death she knows she will soon sit at the right of Her Father in Heaven.
The upward shot gives a dramatic feel to the image. It places us in the position of believers kneeling at the foot of the cross.
To follow in the footsteps of her illustrious predecessor, Jesus Christ, she would need to wear a crown of thorns, and also a spear-inflicted wound on her left (or was it right ?) side. But this is a different martyr for a different faith.
The loincloth looks quite good on Alice. Of course it is a matter of debate whether her torturers would care for her modesty and allow the loincloth. But total nudity, while historically more likely, would not be fitting in a church of the Alician denomination.
Bravo Bob !
Thank you for your interpretation and observations, Kam. The background architecture certainly alludes to the Christian religion, so it is hard to avoid religious commentary on the subject. Indeed, @messaline 's composition includes the crown and spear wound, which as you say, complete the religious iconography, but are missing from my own picture.

I prefer to think of my crucifix as representing a kind of saintly, sacrifice rather than making a specific reference to Jesus' crucifixion. It is perhaps significant that Messa avoids the use of a titulus altogether, whereas mine actually quotes the word, 'Iudaeorum'. But being open to interpretation, our pictures invite, and provoke a variety of reactions, as well as challenging accepted artistic traditions. Some viewers might be confused by what they see, but I am glad to have inspired such a positive response on your part. :)

Bobinder will be the first to tell you that Alice has a Brave Heart:

View attachment 922462
" ... There are two major wardrobe related errors in the film. Probably the most discussed and well-known is the portrayal of Scots wearing kilts in the 13th century. In actuality, kilts did not become a popular form of men’s wear until well into the 17th century, which means that the film’s portrayal can be considered grossly inaccurate. However, there might be a legitimate cinematic reason for it which I’ll get to in a bit... "

Back
Top Bottom