Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Uwe Seeler, one of the most famous German football / soccer players died with 85 years. He was one of the most honored persons in German sports because of his friendliness, kindness for charity organisations and his well-remembered always fair playing in all games of his whole life. There will be a lot of minutes of silence at the beginnings of German football games during the coming days and even at the Women's World Cup games when Germany plays:

The name Tony Dow means little to anybody who doesn’t remember a certain American sitcom that ended 60 years ago.

View attachment 1211210

Jerry Mathers was The Beaver, but Mr. Dow's Wally had quite a bit to do. ;)

I've heard of this show but never seen it. Not sure if it was ever aired over here. A few of the higher profile US sitcoms did make it across the pond, but mostly only from the late 80s onwards, so shows like Cheers, Frasier, Sex & The City and of course Friends, which is still popular today in reruns, but before he 80s, US comedies were very rare here, and even laterthey never gained the levels of popularity that our own home-grown ones did. I guess the US and British sense of humour is a bit different and a lot of the US sitcoms that I've seen (with the exception of Friends) just didn't seem all that funny to me. I could never get into Frasier, despite people telling me it was good, it just never clicked for me, and I only watched Cheers for Kirstie Alley (which should surprise nobody in here)
Even things like Sex & The City, which I did enjoy, was more eye candy than comedy IMO...

Bernard Cribbins.O.B.E.(1928 -2022)
The veteran actor,famed for his roles in Carry On movies,The Railway Children, Doctor Who etc.
His varied career spanned many decades.
Also voiced the Wombles,and had a hit record in the Sixties.(" Right,said Fred ")
He also served during WW2, with the Parachute Regiment.
He passed away at the ripe age of 93.
Sadly his last known scenes were in the 60th Anniversary special of Doctor Who,to be released next year.
R.I.P to a true showbiz legend.
FB_IMG_1659001605663.jpgFB_IMG_1659001567140.jpg
download.jpeg-3.jpgimages.jpeg-1.jpgimages.jpeg-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom