Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Full disclosure, I never much cared for Burt Bacharach, who has segued out at 94. But he did not need me in his audience.

A die-hard romantic whose mature style might be described as Wagnerian lounge music, Mr. Bacharach fused the chromatic harmonies and long, angular melodies of late-19th-century symphonic music with modern, bubbly pop orchestration, and embellished the resulting mixture with a staccato rhythmic drive. His effervescent compositions epitomized sophisticated hedonism to a generation of young adults only a few years older than the Beatles.

Full disclosure, I never much cared for Burt Bacharach, who has segued out at 94. But he did not need me in his audience.

A die-hard romantic whose mature style might be described as Wagnerian lounge music, Mr. Bacharach fused the chromatic harmonies and long, angular melodies of late-19th-century symphonic music with modern, bubbly pop orchestration, and embellished the resulting mixture with a staccato rhythmic drive. His effervescent compositions epitomized sophisticated hedonism to a generation of young adults only a few years older than the Beatles.

Memories. A long winter evening in the 1960's or 1970's. On the radio, music from the orchestra of Ray Connif, Mantovani, James Last, Bert Kaempfert, Helmut Zacharias, Raymond Lefèvre, Percy Faith, Caravelli, Michel Legrand, or Burt Bacharach,....
They are all sitting on a cloud now, somewhere, playing harp.

This is the picture of her that cemented my heterosexuality at age 12.

View attachment 1276905

My fond thanks, Ms Welch.

As I recall, she steadfastly refused to do nude photos, and as far as I know, she never did. While certainly a loss for us males, and perhaps some females too, I greatly respect her for staying genuine to herself.

RIP Raquel

As I recall, she steadfastly refused to do nude photos, and as far as I know, she never did. While certainly a loss for us males, and perhaps some females too, I greatly respect her for staying genuine to herself.

RIP Raquel

She didn't need to.

And she deserves a mention for services to crux

raquel-welch-cross.jpg

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/favorite-artists-iii.774/page-11#post-37263

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/great-pics-found-by-phlebas-and-other.1841/post-443146

Back
Top Bottom