Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Never one of the "greats" but she was memorable and had a career that covered 50 years.
Pretty damned good looking too.
Linda Rogo in 'The Poseidon Adventure' (1972). She was well cast for the part, and it is most likely the best performance of her movie carreer she ever gave.

ss1.jpgss2.jpgss3.jpgss4.jpg

The #3 is when a few survivors decide to make their way up to rescue, Rev. Scott (Gene Hackman) suggests she better would take of her gown. Her jealous husband Mike (Ernest Borgnine) replies : "Like hell she will! She has got nothing under it!", she then delivers that line. At last, she gets her husband's pink shirt to wear.

On the occasion of the death of Carol Lynley (already 3,5 years ago :(), who starred in the same movie, I have posted a link to a scene , also showing Stevens at her best in the role of Linda Rogo. You find it on page 40 of this thread - and it still works!

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/passings.5320/page-40#post-471802

I still remember watching that movie as a kid. It was a truly scary a 9 year old.
I, of course, saw it several times on TV. Then, while in college in the late 70s, I got to see the original 3D version. The old red and blue 3d effect actually worked better in black and white than it did in color films and it made the underwater scenes look really good.
I've also been to Silver Springs where they filmed it many times. It's a beautiful place and worth visiting if you're in Florida and don't want to spend all your money at Disney.

I, of course, saw it several times on TV. Then, while in college in the late 70s, I got to see the original 3D version. The old red and blue 3d effect actually worked better in black and white than it did in color films and it made the underwater scenes look really good.
I've also been to Silver Springs where they filmed it many times. It's a beautiful place and worth visiting if you're in Florida and don't want to spend all your money at Disney.
I wouldn't mind going to Florida, but Disney World is last place I would visit there.

Last edited:
British TV astrologer and presenter Margaret Lake, better known to viewers as Mystic Meg has died aged 80. She was a regular on the UK's National Lottery show, offering allegedly winning predictions (which of coursed caused many to ask how come she never won it herself, but there you go).

Before appearing on TV, she used to write an astrology column in one of the UK's most derided (yet best selling) tabloid newspapers, and prior to that she worked as a freelance writer, and earned a respectable living by penning many of the "reader's letters" featured in a number of UK top shelf magazines (what? you thought those were genuinely written by the readers???)

Anyway, Meg was a very popular personality in Britain and her sad loss will be mourned by many who enjoyed her fun and engaging style of presentation, even if most of her "predictions" were somewhat wide of the mark.

Screenshot_2023-03-09 Mystic Meg Astrologer dies aged 80.jpg

British TV astrologer and presenter Margaret Lake, better known to viewers as Mystic Meg has died aged 80. She was a regular on the UK's National Lottery show, offering allegedly winning predictions (which of coursed caused many to ask how come she never won it herself, but there you go).

Before appearing on TV, she used to write an astrology column in one of the UK's most derided (yet best selling) tabloid newspapers, and prior to that she worked as a freelance writer, and earned a respectable living by penning many of the "reader's letters" featured in a number of UK top shelf magazines (what? you thought those were genuinely written by the readers???)

Anyway, Meg was a very popular personality in Britain and her sad loss will be mourned by many who enjoyed her fun and engaging style of presentation, even if most of her "predictions" were somewhat wide of the mark.

View attachment 1283881
Did she forsee it coming ?? Lol

Back
Top Bottom