Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
A drawing for Ennio: Schermata del 2020-07-07 17-55-24.png
the composer who wrote "ah-ee-ah-ee-ah" theme of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

The Washington Post celebrated the composer by remembering him with an "onomatopoeic" tweet that recalls the famous refrain of "The good, the bad and the ugly"
«Sei figlio di una grandissima puttana»: "You are the son of a great bitch": that's how the "ah-ee-ah-ee-ah" was born, at the end of the movie. At 4.40 of this extract

Last edited:
When I was in high school, I had a history teacher who was only about 8 years old than me and had gone to that same school. He was one of the "cool" teachers all the kids liked. He told this story once: He took this girl to the drive one night. He didn't know anything about the movie being shown and didn't care; he was much more interested in the girl. They had been getting into things during the trailers when suddenly the opening theme of the movie came on. It was "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". He lost interested in the girl and was drawn to the action on the screen

In 2016, Marricone finally won the Oscar he deserved for "The Hateful Eight".

John Lewis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(civil_rights_leader)

UNaaBDm.jpg

I read somewhere he was in the Guinness Book of World Records for most hours appearing on American television, but I would be astonished if anyone from the European contingent ever heard of Regis Philbin.

Full disclosure, he was pretty much off my radar too. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere he was in the Guinness Book of World Records for most hours spent on American television, but I would be astonished if anyone from the European contingent ever heard of Regis Philbin.

Indeed, never heard of him. In general, I am not familiar with television people at all. I grew up with parents who kept that 'intruder' television outside, so the first thing I did when I left home was buying one, and spending long hours in front of it for the next 10 years. But it gradually lost my interest.

Peter Green, co-founder of Fleetwood Mac and one of the great blues-rock guitarists has passed away at 73.
On this one, pay no attention to the horrible camera work and focus on the original version of "Black Magic Woman".
Santana had a bigger hit with the song. In 1998, Green joined Santana on stage.

I read somewhere he was in the Guinness Book of World Records for most hours appearing on American television, but I would be astonished if anyone from the European contingent ever heard of Regis Philbin.
Nope, not till the BBC gave him a long slot on the short Sunday news, including excerpts. So he was obviously well known and liked in media circles.

What a woman! What a life story! Whatever the rights and wrongs of her quarrel with her sister, she was certainly a woman who took no shit from any man, however powerful, and those who tried to mess her around got more than they bargained for!

What a woman! What a life story! Whatever the rights and wrongs of her quarrel with her sister, she was certainly a woman who took no shit from any man, however powerful, and those who tried to mess her around got more than they bargained for!

Yeah, a strong woman. Put em in their place! ;)

Back
Top Bottom