Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Had to look up Mr. Icke

and regret doing so. :rolleyes:
To be fair to David Icke, by his own admission, the only reason he's still alive is because everybody thinks he's an idiot so nobody takes him seriously. A lot of this goes back to his much quoted (out of context of course - this is the media we're talking about after all) comment about being the son of God, which is the official reason why he was fired from the BBC. The real reason of course was not this or any other inane comments, but because, some thirty-odd years ago, he attempted to expose the crimes of Jimmy Savile (and his co-conspirators in high public office), all of which were well-known to the BBC and the media in general, but deliberately swept under the carpet as regards any public revelations (It wasn't until after Savile's death that the truth finally came out, and even then the BBC tried to play it down - or more accurately, their own complicity in the cover-up)

And of course this is one of the main reasons why, to this day, Mr Icke is still widely regarded as a lunatic conspiracy theorist and the media narrative is that nobody should ever listen to anything he has to say - but of course history has proven that even loonies occasionally get it right...

Fortunately for Mr Icke, people still don't take him seriously - if they did, then by now we would have heard that he had committed suicide in exactly the way that Jeffrey Epstein didn't...

Consequently, he is perfectly happy to be thought of as an idiot - he's much safer that way. None of which changes the fact that 99.9% of what he says really is complete crap of course :)

To be fair to David Icke, by his own admission, the only reason he's still alive is because everybody thinks he's an idiot so nobody takes him seriously. A lot of this goes back to his much quoted (out of context of course - this is the media we're talking about after all) comment about being the son of God, which is the official reason why he was fired from the BBC. The real reason of course was not this or any other inane comments, but because, some thirty-odd years ago, he attempted to expose the crimes of Jimmy Savile (and his co-conspirators in high public office), all of which were well-known to the BBC and the media in general, but deliberately swept under the carpet as regards any public revelations (It wasn't until after Savile's death that the truth finally came out, and even then the BBC tried to play it down - or more accurately, their own complicity in the cover-up)

And of course this is one of the main reasons why, to this day, Mr Icke is still widely regarded as a lunatic conspiracy theorist and the media narrative is that nobody should ever listen to anything he has to say - but of course history has proven that even loonies occasionally get it right...

Fortunately for Mr Icke, people still don't take him seriously - if they did, then by now we would have heard that he had committed suicide in exactly the way that Jeffrey Epstein didn't...

Consequently, he is perfectly happy to be thought of as an idiot - he's much safer that way. None of which changes the fact that 99.9% of what he says really is complete crap of course :)
And you must also say his talks were funny and entertaining. Sadly they are deleted on youtube. The second point is what chemists call "model". For example his reptiloids which I love..... He stated that some of our governments consists of reptiles instead of humans so they have no empathy. But, if these people have no empathy as humans it is a good model with predictive character to look at them indeed as reptiles, even if in reality they might be humans, probably. Hope this thought became clear.

And you must also say his talks were funny and entertaining. Sadly they are deleted on youtube. The second point is what chemists call "model". For example his reptiloids which I love..... He stated that some of our governments consists of reptiles instead of humans so they have no empathy. But, if these people have no empathy as humans it is a good model with predictive character to look at them indeed as reptiles, even if in reality they might be humans, probably. Hope this thought became clear.
dfg, my main takeaway from this post is immense gratitude that I never heard of David Icke until a short time ago.

Question though. Has anyone ever mocked him because his last name is a homophone for "icky" ?

Consequently, he is perfectly happy to be thought of as an idiot - he's much safer that way. None of which changes the fact that 99.9% of what he says really is complete crap of course
Sounds a lot like some people in CF describe me.:grazy:

BTW, as specified in the Letters Patent issued by George VI, the Duke of Edinburgh title reverts to the Queen for the rest of her life. When she dies, it will go to their youngest child, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (and also Earl of Forfar, for the Scots here).

Sounds a lot like some people in CF describe me.:grazy:

BTW, as specified in the Letters Patent issued by George VI, the Duke of Edinburgh title reverts to the Queen for the rest of her life. When she dies, it will go to their youngest child, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (and also Earl of Forfar, for the Scots here).

I should've thought Charles and Camilla are the Edinburghs now.

The Titles of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

The Duke of Edinburgh was granted the style and title of Royal Highness on 19 November 1947; on the next day, 20 November, he was created Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, of Greenwich in the County of London. These peerages are hereditary and on the death of His Royal Highness have passed to his eldest son, HRH The Prince of Wales. In the event of the Prince of Wales or any subsequent holder of these titles succeeding to the Crown, these titles and all others held will merge with the Crown.

I think the outcome is the same. The title is held in abeyance until the Queen passes, then will be given to Prince Edward, which works quite well because he took over from his father the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme some time ago.
Not in abeyance, it's just one of Charles's many subsidiary titles now. Then yep, Charles is expected to elevate Wessex to the dukedom of Edinburgh once Charles is no longer Wales... and no longer Edinburgh. :devil:

Told years ago, that Ghana's parliament had only 200 MPs, Prince Philip mused: "That's about the right number. We have 650 of them and most of them are a complete bloody waste of time."

I wonder if his opinion on that ever changed?

Sir Nick Clegg, attended a State banquet for the King of Spain and told the Duke he was there not in his own right, but as the plus-one of his high-flying Spanish wife Miriam Gonzalez Durantez. “I know the feeling!” the Duke told him.

Last edited:
I only met him once, when I was among the cohort of librarians he hired to help rebuild the depleted and demoralized staff of the New York Public Library.

One of the first stories I heard when I got there was about how in the 1980’s the FBI requested that NYPL "be on the lookout" for library card applicants with "foreign sounding names." :rolleyes:

I only met him once, when I was among the cohort of librarians he hired to help rebuild the depleted and demoralized staff of the New York Public Library.

One of the first stories I heard when I got there was about how in the 1980’s the FBI requested that NYPL "be on the lookout" for library card applicants with "foreign sounding names." :rolleyes:
Indeed, one 'whose singular praise it is to have done the best things in the worst times and hoped them in the most calamitous'.
Thanks for telling us of him, Apostate, to my shame I didn't know of him, and saving that great repository of learning and true record certainly sets him high in my pantheon of esteem!

Any time I see a mention of the New York Public Library, all I can think of is the opening scene in Ghostbusters :)
(That's the classic 1984 original of course, not the obscenely unfunny 2016 garbage remake)

Any time I see a mention of the New York Public Library, all I can think of is the opening scene in Ghostbusters :)
(That's the classic 1984 original of course, not the obscenely unfunny 2016 garbage remake)
I never did go down into the 80+ miles of stacks underneath 42nd Street.

I do know that nowadays one can only find the card catalogs in the past. ;)

I never did go down into the 80+ miles of stacks underneath 42nd Street.

I do know that nowadays one can only find the card catalogs in the past. ;)
Today I can access almost all the published works in the world with a couple of mouse clicks, but there's still nothing to match the feeling of holding a real book in your hands. There are still public libraries around here of course (all closed at the moment of course), but I don't think I've visited one in the best part of 20 years now. Realistically there's no need when we all have the internet, but I still miss the tactile experience of real book - the feel of the paper, the smell of the ink and so on - an almost visceral experience that sadly the younger generations may never get to enjoy :(

Helen McCrory, the Actress,who starred in the TV series,"Peaky Blinders" passed away, aged 52. 16/04/21.
She had other notable roles,in Dr Who,Skyfall,and Harry Potter,to name but a few.
Her Husband was Damien Lewis.
R I.P.'...'Aunt Pol'..
images.jpeg.jpgimages.jpeg-1.jpgimages.jpeg-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom