Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
On this date in 1996,the Actor and Comedy performer, Jon Pertwee passed away,he was 76.
Of course,most people would recognise him as the Third Doctor,in the BBC Series' "Doctor Who",and as the rascally scarecrow,Worzel Gummidge.
R.I.P, sir !!
images.jpeg-3.jpgimages.jpeg-2.jpgdownload.jpeg.jpgdownload.jpeg-1.jpg

On this date in 1996,the Actor and Comedy performer, Jon Pertwee passed away,he was 76.
Of course,most people would recognise him as the Third Doctor,in the BBC Series' "Doctor Who",and as the rascally scarecrow,Worzel Gummidge.
R.I.P, sir !!
View attachment 1010452View attachment 1010453View attachment 1010454View attachment 1010455
Funny. When I saw this post, I somehow thought you were announcing he just died, even though I already knew he was dead.
It is strange that at 96 years of age, he could still be alive today, even though I thought of him as an old man when he played Dr. Who back in the early 70s.

I thought of him as an old man when he played Dr. Who back in the early 70s.
Some actors always seem to appear much older than they really are, and get cast in old man roles. Perhaps most famously, Clive Dunn was only in his 40s when he played Corporal Jones in the classic comedy Dads Army, yet his character was much older, and he was known for playing roles much older than himself.

Of course I would be negligent if I didn't link one of his iconic scenes from that show, so Don't panic, Don't panic.... Here you go :D

Ah. B. J. Thomas has moseyed on.

"Raindrops" is one earworm that never bothers me . . .

Bummer.

Clarence Williams III had a long career,

4CE2C4FE-56F7-49BE-B8F1-DDDCA7BA5899.jpeg

but aging boomers remember him primarily for

The day before yesterday, in Prague, the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic, the actor Libuse Safranova died with only 68 years because of her lung cancer:

She was not so well-known because of her name but well-known because of one special role in a fairy-tale which was filmed in 1973 in the former German Democratic Republic and in the former Czechoslovakia and later became a Christmas classic movie throughout many countries in Europe:

The story of this movie is almost a fairy-tale on its own because the Czech director once said in documentary about this movie that it seemed at first that everything went wrong because they had only two weeks for all the German and Czech actors to be together at the same location and they wanted to make the movie in springtime with natural flowers. Instead, there was a longer winter with heavy snowfall in April/ May which was unusual but they had to make the movie in this time because the contracts of the actors were limited. No one expected then how beautiful the castle and the landscape would look in the snow and how good the young actors of the Princess and her Prince would look in this time and the movie about a fairy-tale almost became the story of a fairy-tale in itself.
Until today, this fairy-tale is an everlasting success every Christmas time thorughout Europe, especially in Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Sweden and Norway:

Moreover, there are castles and their owners who offer special holidays with costumes similar to this movie and its actors and there are several documetaries about that:

And finally, even the music and the singers of the music from this movie are looking like they jumped out of a fairy-tale into reality until today. For example, the beautiful German singer "Ella Endlich" with the German version of the main theme from this fairy-tale:

Last edited:

Can someone confirm the passing of Amber, the crux icon?​

Hello.

I do not mean to upset anyone here, but I just happened upon a comment on Xhamster that Amber, the crux icon everyone here must surely admire, recently passed away due to cancer. Would someone please confirm this news?

If this is unfortunately true, then I think this forum should put up a memorial thread for her. I would love to do it myself, but I do not have enough privileges to create such a thread in the What's New section.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.O
Amber Rayne, a model with a wild reputation passed not too long ago (obit online) ... drug complications I think.
I do not know the bio of Amber from recent/vintage (including crux ) photos.

Attachments

• amber rayne dressed (1).jpg
    amber rayne dressed (1).jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 220
  • amber rayne SUp torso (1) - Copy.jpg
    amber rayne SUp torso (1) - Copy.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 224
  • amber.jpg
    amber.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 236

Attachments

• 3E259438-3492-4EEF-BDF5-6BA6772B6B44.jpeg
    3E259438-3492-4EEF-BDF5-6BA6772B6B44.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 217
  • 4D886E50-9EA4-4638-934E-C4E878E424C3.jpeg
    4D886E50-9EA4-4638-934E-C4E878E424C3.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 210
Hello.

I do not mean to upset anyone here, but I just happened upon a comment on Xhamster that Amber, the crux icon everyone here must surely admire, recently passed away due to cancer. Would someone please confirm this news?

If this is unfortunately true, then I think this forum should put up a memorial thread for her. I would love to do it myself, but I do not have enough privileges to create such a thread in the What's New section.

Thanks.
Mr. O, do you have a link, any further details? Because if true, Amber should in indeed have a memorial thread.

Mr. O, do you have a link, any further details? Because if true, Amber should in indeed have a memorial thread.
My apologies, but I regret to say that I only happened upon a comment on Xhamster several days ago and the comment, if I recall correctly, was posted earlier this month.

The comment detailed that the guy punishing Amber on the pictures and the videos of the now-defunct Chamber of the Bells yahoo group was called Bruce Seven. The comment also said that s/he used to be active in the group and even communicated with Amber several times. And then the comment mentioned that Amber recently passed away due to an illness.

I already heard several times over the last couple of years, including here in this forum , that Amber's health was indeed failing. So, I decided to post the sad possibility here several days later, in case anyone else in our community knew more about this than I do.

Unfortunately, I do not remember on which Xhamster video this comment was posted (I was just picking videos to watch at random). Sorry, mate.

There are really many unusual ways to die. In these two cases, no one would have expected it to happen like this:

I knew her from science fiction serials which are shown on German TV like "The Orville".

Another rather unusual but unfortunately possible way to die right today: It was already some years ago, but I just remembered this following case because we are having today in Germany some "summer thunderstorms" similar to the one in which this famous woman Sylke Tempel died. I think she was not mentioned here before. I once really saw this woman in a live discussion in the same room and I was impressed how incredible intelligent and eloquent she was in different languages. Even the German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the German Minister of Foreign Affairs said in 2017 that this case of dying for someone who was so close to the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs is almost impossible to believe and hard to accept: Sylke Tempel's car was stopped on a beautiful avenue in Berlin-Tegel by falling branches and twigs in front of her car during a thunderstorm. She and her friend got out of the car in order to clear the street again when a complete big tree was falling from behind on both of them. She was hit so hard that she died on the street, her friend survived:

Attachments

• 05EB9C21-D2FD-4CC4-BFFD-382DD8438F55.jpeg
    05EB9C21-D2FD-4CC4-BFFD-382DD8438F55.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 22
  • F2E73A4F-5B3E-4B5F-BB48-42FAA1F29DE8.jpeg
    F2E73A4F-5B3E-4B5F-BB48-42FAA1F29DE8.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 32
Sad news for STTOS geeks and people who remember a fine, versatile actress. Joanne Linville has beamed up at age 93.
She played the steel willed Romulan commander who tried and failed to get into Mr. Spock’s pants. :rolleyes:
She was one of my favorite roles from ST:TOS! Did she appear in another episode? Or am I thinking of a different Romulan gal?

(And what's this about not getting into Spoke's pants? Were they that small? And didn't she like her own? So confusing. . .)

She was one of my favorite roles from ST:TOS! Did she appear in another episode? Or am I thinking of a different Romulan gal?

(And what's this about not getting into Spoke's pants? Were they that small? And didn't she like her own? So confusing. . .)
In the 90’s they wanted Ms. Linville to reprise the role in TNG, but she was not available. I think her character is in one of the Trek reboots, but I’m not sute.

It is also more correct to say the Romulan commander failed to get into Spock's service trousers.

Announced minutes ago, Donald Rumsfeld has died and gone to Hell. He was 88.

Back
Top Bottom