Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
News just in...
Don Everley,the surviving member of the Everley Brothers, a world famous Rock and Roll duo,has passed away at the age of 84 :(
(His brother Phil,died in 2014.)
Don Everley- Feb.1 1937 - Aug 21 2021
Phil Everley - Jan 19 1939 - Jan 3 2014
R.I.P...The Everley Brothers.
View attachment 1048876
Another amazing group gone for good.

At the age of 91, Ed Asner. Probably best known for his role on television as the TV newsroom boss, Lou Grant on the "Barbara Mary Tyler Moore Show". He also had numerous film roles including the lead role in "Up" and as Santa Claus in "Elf". He was president of the Screen Actor's Guild during the time when another SAG president, Ronald Reagan, was president of something else. The two men likely agreed on almost nothing...

At the age of 91, Ed Asner. Probably best known for his role on television as the TV newsroom boss, Lou Grant on the "Barbara Mary Tyler Moore Show". He also had numerous film roles including the lead role in "Up" and as Santa Claus in "Elf". He was president of the Screen Actor's Guild during the time when another SAG president, Ronald Reagan, was president of something else. The two men likely agreed on almost nothing...
Lou, his character on MTM, was as lovable as he was irascible … a great character on a show set in ,,,, ta dah … Minneapolis, Minnesota …and featuring a sweet Midwestern girl like me.

Any time I hear the words "Screen Actors Guild", I can't help but think of Team America, World Police :)

Ed Asner’s iconic first scene as MTM’s gruff boss:

“You know what?” he asks Mary, his new hire, her perfectly coiffed hair in laughable contrast to his loosened tie. “You’ve got spunk.”
“Well, yes . . . ” she replies, blushingly modest, to which Mr. Asner barks his memorable punch line:
“I hate spunk.”

Lou, his character on MTM, was as lovable as he was irascible … a great character on a show set in ,,,, ta dah … Minneapolis, Minnesota …and featuring a sweet Midwestern girl like me.

Ed Asner’s iconic first scene as MTK’s gruff boss:

“You know what?” he asks Mary, his new hire, her perfectly coiffed hair in laughable contrast to his loosened tie. “You’ve got spunk.”
“Well, yes . . . ” she replies, blushingly modest, to which Mr. Asner barks his memorable punch line:
“I hate spunk.”
@Barbaria1. Comparing yourself to MTM? How could you? I think you are far sweeter!

Mikis Theodorakis, 1925-2021.
Greek composer and political activist (and sometimes guerilla fighter)
I just heard this on the radio about Theodorakis:

In the early 1970s, Greek exiles were fond of sharing a story about an Athens policeman who walks his beat humming a banned Theodorakis song. Hearing it, a passer-by stops the policeman and says, “Officer, I’m surprised that you are humming Theodorakis.” Whereupon the officer arrests the man on a charge of listening to Theodorakis’s music.​

Back
Top Bottom