Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Phil Spector has died aged 81. Often a controversial figures, nobody can dispute the enormous and lasting impact that he has had on the music business. He was jailed for murder in 2009 on the basis of somewhat circumstancial evidence (though he probably was guilty, I remember reading reports at the time which slated the evidence as highly suspect, though of course following his conviction, the media dropped this and moved on to their next target, as they do)

Phil Spector has died aged 81. Often a controversial figures, nobody can dispute the enormous and lasting impact that he has had on the music business. He was jailed for murder in 2009 on the basis of somewhat circumstancial evidence (though he probably was guilty, I remember reading reports at the time which slated the evidence as highly suspect, though of course following his conviction, the media dropped this and moved on to their next target, as they do)
R.I.P. the creator of the 'Wall of Sound'. He leaves behind lots of great classic songs.

Nikolay Antoshkin (1942-2021) was a Soviet Air Force pilot. As a major-general, he commanded and flew himself helicopter missions over the wrecked Chernobyl reactor in April-May 1986, dropping materials such as clay, sand and lead, in order to contain the fire. He and the other crews were exposed to high radiation levels and contaminated smoke, but he survived. Antoshkin died a few days ago of Covid-19.

Nikolay Antoshkin (1942-2021) was a Soviet Air Force pilot. As a major-general, he commanded and flew himself helicopter missions over the wrecked Chernobyl reactor in April-May 1986, dropping materials such as clay, sand and lead, in order to contain the fire. He and the other crews were exposed to high radiation levels and contaminated smoke, but he survived. Antoshkin died a few days ago of Covid-19.
OMFG was Chernobyl REALLY 35 years ago? I remember seeing it on the news just a couple of days after it happened (The Soviet regime tried to cover it up for a few days until above-normal radiation levels were detected, first in Sweden and within hours over much of western Europe) and it's hard to believe that it was so long ago now!

I seem to remember the Russian news describing it as "an unsatisfactory radioactive situation"

Yeah no shit sherlock...

OMFG was Chernobyl REALLY 35 years ago? I remember seeing it on the news just a couple of days after it happened (The Soviet regime tried to cover it up for a few days until above-normal radiation levels were detected, first in Sweden and within hours over much of western Europe) and it's hard to believe that it was so long ago now!

I seem to remember the Russian news describing it as "an unsatisfactory radioactive situation"

Yeah no shit sherlock...
Not only the Soviets covered it up! Western Europe weather presenters were forbidden to tell that the radioactive clouds were about to pass overhead their country!

The English Lake District was badly affected by fall-out. It was 2012 before hill-farmers in Cumbria were freed from the requirement to have their sheep tested for Caesium-137 levels before they could take them down to market.

I remember reading that the Swedish government put out a bulletin after Chernobyl instructing farmers to cut their hay well above the ground as radiation levels were thought to be highest in the lower part of the plants. The missive was greeted with stunned disbelief as anyone who works the land knows that haying can’t be done effectively without cutting close to the ground.

Yeah no shit sherlock...
oho lol me not been on world even exist this time meow :oops: :cat: :conejo: :mouse:

Hammerin' Hank Aaron, the all time Major League Baseball home run leader, (well, OK, Barry Bonds passed him, but Hank did it without pharmaceutical help) has died at the age of 86. He played briefly in the Negro Leagues at the tail end of the days of segregation in the sport and then spent almost his entire career in the Major Leagues with the Braves, first in Milwaukee and then in Atlanta, where they moved. As he chased Babe Ruth's lifetime home run record of 714, Aaron received a lot of hate mail. Despite that, he hit #715 on April 8. 1974 and retired with a total of 755.

Hammerin' Hank Aaron, the all time Major League Baseball home run leader, (well, OK, Barry Bonds passed him, but Hank did it without pharmaceutical help) has died at the age of 86. He played briefly in the Negro Leagues at the tail end of the days of segregation in the sport and then spent almost his entire career in the Major Leagues with the Braves, first in Milwaukee and then in Atlanta, where they moved. As he chased Babe Ruth's lifetime home run record of 714, Aaron received a lot of hate mail. Despite that, he hit #715 on April 8. 1974 and retired with a total of 755.
Since when do you object to pharmaceuticals, windar?

Back
Top Bottom