Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
For those of a certain age - Witchiepoo

I vaguely remember that show from back in the mists of time. As a little kid I thought it was strange and funny - now as an adult, I wonder how what sort of insane drugs the creators were on when they came up with this show :)

Marcel Stellman, creator of Channel 4's long-running gameshow Countdown, has died at the age of 96.
Belgian-born Stellman was also a record producer and lyricist who wrote songs for stars including Cilla Black, Charles Aznavour and The Shadows.
Among his best-known tracks was the Max Bygraves hit Tulips From Amsterdam, released in 1958.

He was 59 ???? :eek:
Yes, and exactly this is frightening me more and more because in my memory he was younger than me but we are of the same generation and I still feel - ok, somewhere between "mostly" and "sometimes" - still like 35 and I am right now in love like I were still 22 or so. And suddenly, there are people dying around you in your age and you - or I - think: "This cannot be true! I cannot have become so old! When did all of this happen and what did I really do for the last 30 years? OK, having a lot of fun also means that the time is running faster but life is always too short to imagine to die soon, isn't it? Suddenly, all the stars you loved have died younger than you and you think, this is impossible. How could for example Whitney Houston, Prince or Michael Jackson die before me? This is somehow still incredible for me ..."

Yes, and exactly this is frightening me more and more because in my memory he was younger than me but we are of the same generation and I still feel - ok, somewhere between "mostly" and "sometimes" - still like 35 and I am right now in love like I were still 22 or so. And suddenly, there are people dying around you in your age and you - or I - think: "This cannot be true! I cannot have become so old! When did all of this happen and what did I really do for the last 30 years? OK, having a lot of fun also means that the time is running faster but life is always too short to imagine to die soon, isn't it? Suddenly, all the stars you loved have died younger than you and you think, this is impossible. How could for example Whitney Houston, Prince or Michael Jackson die before me? This is somehow still incredible for me ..."
When I was younger, my mum always told me that time goes faster as you get older. I never understood it at the time but I sure as hell do now! :eek:

And you mentioned Michael Jackson - I couldn't believe he was 50 when he died, and I really can't believe that his death was already 11 years ago!

I reckognise that feeling!:(

I think this realization comes to everyone at some point. For me it was 2016 when we hosted a senior class reunion from 1971. Of us 27 students, 4 had already died when suddenly the realization flashed through me: Am I going to be "old"?

I think this realization comes to everyone at some point. For me it was 2016 when we hosted a senior class reunion from 1971. Of us 27 students, 4 had already died when suddenly the realization flashed through me: Am I going to be "old"?
There's nothing like the deaths of people we know to remind us of our own mortality :(

Oh yeah and my maths sucks - Michael Jackson died 12 years ago, not 11!

I can commiserate with those feelings!

But sorry, SW, you're only 58. A child. Wait till you hit your 70s. Everybody starts dying. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

Mhm, really great expectations ahead! Thank you very much for your encouraging words! ;)

There is a German joke about these expectations which may be difficult to translate but maybe, you have heard it before in other versions in other languages, too.
Anyway, I try to repeat it in my own translation:

:rolleyes:

"My doctor told me that I suddenly got water in my legs, lime in my veins and stones in my kidneys.
There is only still missing enough sand in my head, then I can start constructing my very own house!"

:eek:

There is a German joke about these expectations which may be difficult to translate but maybe, you have heard it before in other versions in other languages, too.
Anyway, I try to repeat it in my own translation:

"My doctor told me that I suddenly got water in my legs, lime in my veins and stones in my kidneys.
There is only still missing enough sand in my head, then I can start constructing my very own house!"

:eek:
HA!
Here in the States it would go over well in Portland. . . .
iu.jpeg

Enough silliness.
Tawny Kitaen, actress and 80s video vixen has died at age 59. Cause of death has not been released but she had a history of drug and alcohol problems.
Of interest to CF members, she played the title roll in the 1984 film "Gwendoline", aka "The Perils of Gwendoline", aka "The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak". Directed by Just Jaeckin (Emmanulle), based on comics of BDSM pioneer John Willie, with a look influenced (uncredited) by Italian artist Crepax; the movie is incredibly...boring.
But, Tawny looked good.
tawny-kitaen-nude86.jpgtawny1.jpgtawny2.jpgTawny Kitaen-717760.jpg
Here's how she's better remembered:

Norman Lloyd

was Cinna the Poet in the 1937 Mercury Theater production of Julius Caesar

5121D2C2-E8B4-46B3-B10C-C93F5C79CE92.jpeg

and fell off the Statue of Liberty for Alfred Hitchcock.

Ave in perpetuum, ave atque vale.

Back
Top Bottom