Passion/Crucifixion Book "The Soldier who killed a King" for free at Google.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ave, fellow crucifixion fans

for those of you interested in "crucifixion literature" telling the classic (christian) passion story about Jesus´ execution I found some very interesting:
Google Books is actually giving away this ebook for FREE:

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=tVImDwAAQBAJ&hl=de&printsec=frontcover&pg=GBS.PA1

You only need a Google(mail) account to get it (obviously)

I dont know why its for free, maybe some type of promotion, because normally they give only books more than hundered of years old away for free. This is relative new (2017)
It could be limited offer, so it may be gone soon. It could be a "bug", too.

I found it an awesome read. Sure, its not exactly new in its style, the re-telling of the passion from a soldiers perspective has been done many times before but never that good. It has everything "we" need: gruesome roman executioners, victims screaming in agony, horrific pain, fear and struggle in prospect of the execution, a "good thief" we feel sorry for and even complete nakedness of the victims. the characters are really well developed.
Sure, it stays a "christian story" so the "remember me"- and "this was the son of god"- scenes are here, too, but not distracting in any way from the horror of the crucifixion. It has ideas I never read about before, for exampole an "execution register".

If you are interested in such stuff and not disturbed by the "christian background" I recommend checking it out.
I dont take any responsibility how long its online for free,

happy reading
Ty.

Back
Top Bottom