Pictures and drawings .there are some superb pictures and photo manipulations on here .

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you pehaps misunderstand what the "standards" of these forums are. There are some artists (3D, drawing, painting, and photo manipulation) who do try to work toward some sense of 'realism'. Then there are others who take a more 'glam' view, or perhaps go for a more erotic twist, emphasizing the beauty of the crucified figure (and here one can find examples of female and male crux). There is a minority (I think) of artists who go into gruesome detail. There is no one thing that appeals to everyone. I have done manips that are tragic, erotic, and sometimes satirical/ironic/comedic. Do I think crucifixion was funny? Of course not. That said, I also do not think a real crucifixion of a young girl would be particularly fun or erotic to watch either. I would not "get off" on that at all. I make no judgements on those who do find the more realistic, sweaty, bloody images turn them on.

Imagine if I didn't like the Mona Lisa - not much of a painting. Just the head of a girl, doing nothing except smiling on a nondescript backdrop. I should probably write to the Louvre and have them put it in storage so that they can bring out something more interesting. Also most of the classical paintings depicting the "Rape of the Sabine Women" seem to show everyone more or less enjoying themselves - not a realistic portrayal of the trauma of rape at all.

Our standards, as you put it, are to encourage people to express themselves as they wish. I have written a number of comedy crux stories. Don't bother reading them - you won't like them at all, since they aren't at all serious or realistic about how horrible crucifixion really was. Unfortunately, it seems that a number of other people, besides me, also like these stories, so I won't be deleting them either. The "standards" here are that we will encourage artists, and offer constructive criticism to allow people to express their fantasies and thoughts, in the context of the forum interests. You don't have to be Da Vinci to contribute. Many of us have started with simple stuff, and have moved on to develop our technical skill. If you want to tell me that I'm not a great artist, that's okay. I'm not delusional enough to think that I'm the most brilliant artist here, nor will my stories or images appeal to everyone.

Perhaps a little humility and tact would be in order. You are, after all, expressing your views somewhat negatively about contributions by other members, while you yourself have contributed nothing but this commentary. But I do agree with you that you have a right to say what you wish. I personally am insterested in seeing how deep you can dig this hole you've started.
Interesting honest answer , I like the site and the people on it I can associate with .

Criticism cuts two ways. I could sound out on some of what I have read and seen on this site but I don't.
One, peoples taste differ so I just ignore what I don't like.
An two, most of the posters are much more talented then me!
Did not ever want to offend or upset .
They are myviews and opinions .

I think you pehaps misunderstand what the "standards" of these forums are. There are some artists (3D, drawing, painting, and photo manipulation) who do try to work toward some sense of 'realism'. Then there are others who take a more 'glam' view, or perhaps go for a more erotic twist, emphasizing the beauty of the crucified figure (and here one can find examples of female and male crux). There is a minority (I think) of artists who go into gruesome detail. There is no one thing that appeals to everyone. I have done manips that are tragic, erotic, and sometimes satirical/ironic/comedic. Do I think crucifixion was funny? Of course not. That said, I also do not think a real crucifixion of a young girl would be particularly fun or erotic to watch either. I would not "get off" on that at all. I make no judgements on those who do find the more realistic, sweaty, bloody images turn them on.

Imagine if I didn't like the Mona Lisa - not much of a painting. Just the head of a girl, doing nothing except smiling on a nondescript backdrop. I should probably write to the Louvre and have them put it in storage so that they can bring out something more interesting. Also most of the classical paintings depicting the "Rape of the Sabine Women" seem to show everyone more or less enjoying themselves - not a realistic portrayal of the trauma of rape at all.

Our standards, as you put it, are to encourage people to express themselves as they wish. I have written a number of comedy crux stories. Don't bother reading them - you won't like them at all, since they aren't at all serious or realistic about how horrible crucifixion really was. Unfortunately, it seems that a number of other people, besides me, also like these stories, so I won't be deleting them either. The "standards" here are that we will encourage artists, and offer constructive criticism to allow people to express their fantasies and thoughts, in the context of the forum interests. You don't have to be Da Vinci to contribute. Many of us have started with simple stuff, and have moved on to develop our technical skill. If you want to tell me that I'm not a great artist, that's okay. I'm not delusional enough to think that I'm the most brilliant artist here, nor will my stories or images appeal to everyone.

Perhaps a little humility and tact would be in order. You are, after all, expressing your views somewhat negatively about contributions by other members, while you yourself have contributed nothing but this commentary. But I do agree with you that you have a right to say what you wish. I personally am insterested in seeing how deep you can dig this hole you've started.
I am stopping this right here and now .
I do not and have never wanted agresion and therefore am not contributing any thing else .
Like the site for what it is but will not stand being attacked by the members for wahatever I say
I repeat they are my personal views.
Let it stop here .

Basically you are right when you are criticizing supermpdel look-alikes being nailed to crosses with smiling faces. I once was annoyed about all these things, too. That was, when I decided to learn to create art myself and make sceneries after my own taste. I would suggest you to do the same. It`s great fun (but also is addictive, beware!!!!). On the other side I would never suggest to anyone to take down pictures. The creations you see here are fantasies. Not everyone wants to see the real cruel details of a real execution/ crucifixion - not me anyway. Many pictures here are photomontages. So, please respect the effort that was put into the pictures around here. And move your ass and create your own art!
I fully agree with what you have written
Sorry if I offended any one
I will say no more

But that is exactly what you did say "My view of the pictures ,delete them". Pics are never deleted because one or more of the mods thinks thinks they are rubbish. They are only deleted if they break the rules of the site. May I take this opportunity to invite you to post some of your own work and I can assure you that several moderators, including myself will be only too happy to find time to publish a perfectly fair, unbalanced and totally impartial critique of your contribution. In fact they are forming a queue along with many other members right now. We look forward to hearing from you.
In view of what you have said I will cease any further correspondence on the site .
But I will still be a member

In view of what you have said I will cease any further correspondence on the site .
But I will still be a member
I should never have put my head above the parapet .
Never have joined in on discussions ,but been invisible .
Open discussion I feel is not wanted or encouraged

I do not and have never wanted agresion
Who had given you aggression? All I see is polite responses. And a few jokes.
will not stand being attacked by the members for wahatever I say
Who “attacked” you? You stated your views, other people responded with theirs. What’s your problem with that?
Open discussion I feel is not wanted
Do you want a discussion, or do you just want everyone to agree with you? Do what you like, of course, but please try not to take it personally whenever anyone offers a different view from yours.

The only thing you said that was controversial, was that most of the artwork here was substandard and should be removed. I can’t believe that you’re surprised that your comments have received some push-back. All of it has been polite and friendly, there is NO reason for you to stop posting or to stop expressing your views. :)

@Adrian123 I'm begging you, please stop digging yourself deeper into this hole. It's fine that some things aren't to your taste. Why not make a thread that shows the sort of art you like, and explain why you like it? Add some positivity!
Thank you for you kind reply .
My one and only complaint if you can call it that is the quality of some of the drawings and photos .
My complaint was in fact just a personal comment based upon a reply I got from a thread I was in .
I suggested , not demanded I hasten to add that the two pictures involved should be deleted .
That was in retrospect wrong of me and I apologise for the hurt it has caused
I hasten to add I don’t have and don’t want the authority to remove drawings and pictures
That’s for site managers to decide , I would not and don’t want to be held responsible for the removal .
My view was and is that some of the drawings and pictures are not to the high standard I thought was required.
I am not technically experienced enough to put pictures or drawings on the site ,
I very much enjoy visiting the site and reading the articles on it
On the whole I enjoy looking at the photos and drawings , but some of those are not of a high standard.
So I have decided to back off the comments and views I have on the pictures , keep my views to my self
in other words .
I shall therefore enjoy visiting the site from the sidelines .
Stay safe all and good luck to the site in the future.
Adrian

Thank you for you kind reply .
My one and only complaint if you can call it that is the quality of some of the drawings and photos .
My complaint was in fact just a personal comment based upon a reply I got from a thread I was in .
I suggested , not demanded I hasten to add that the two pictures involved should be deleted .
That was in retrospect wrong of me and I apologise for the hurt it has caused
I hasten to add I don’t have and don’t want the authority to remove drawings and pictures
That’s for site managers to decide , I would not and don’t want to be held responsible for the removal .
My view was and is that some of the drawings and pictures are not to the high standard I thought was required.
I am not technically experienced enough to put pictures or drawings on the site ,
I very much enjoy visiting the site and reading the articles on it
On the whole I enjoy looking at the photos and drawings , but some of those are not of a high standard.
So I have decided to back off the comments and views I have on the pictures , keep my views to my self
in other words .
I shall therefore enjoy visiting the site from the sidelines .
Stay safe all and good luck to the site in the future.
Adrian
We welcome everybody's opinions here, and are always happy to engage in constructive discourse (this isn't twitter, after all, where the "wrong" opinions will get you thrown under the bus)

This is a warm and friendly community that is open to everybody who wishes to participate in our community, but it should be noted that we have a wide and diverse membership, all of whom are here for different reasons. While this site was originally founded as a crux-focussed forum, it has grown over the yeats to encompass many and varied fetishes and we all have different tastes in the material posted here.

For me personally, I enjoy lesbian BDSM content more so than the standard crux material and I like the women involved to be attractive, with beautiful hair and makeup, and nicely painted nails (a big turn-on for me), so I would disagree with you on these points, but at the same time I would want you to feel free to express your views in here.

I think the only aspect of your post that's caused consternation here is the bit about removing certain material, and I guess I can understand the negative reaction of some members when they read words like this, particularly in current year where we see the principles of free speech being curtailed further with every passing day, but it is against this backdrop that Cruxforums stands out as one of the last bastions of freedom of expression, so as long as we can debate these topics in a respectful and civilised manner then I'm sure that most of us would be happy to engage in all manner of discussions.

I'm sure that the vast majority of our members would feel the same way, as this has always been a very open, friendly and welcoming community that enjoys the chance for polite discourse on many different subjects :)

We welcome everybody's opinions here, and are always happy to engage in constructive discourse (this isn't twitter, after all, where the "wrong" opinions will get you thrown under the bus)

This is a warm and friendly community that is open to everybody who wishes to participate in our community, but it should be noted that we have a wide and diverse membership, all of whom are here for different reasons. While this site was originally founded as a crux-focussed forum, it has grown over the yeats to encompass many and varied fetishes and we all have different tastes in the material posted here.

For me personally, I enjoy lesbian BDSM content more so than the standard crux material and I like the women involved to be attractive, with beautiful hair and makeup, and nicely painted nails (a big turn-on for me), so I would disagree with you on these points, but at the same time I would want you to feel free to express your views in here.

I think the only aspect of your post that's caused consternation here is the bit about removing certain material, and I guess I can understand the negative reaction of some members when they read words like this, particularly in current year where we see the principles of free speech being curtailed further with every passing day, but it is against this backdrop that Cruxforums stands out as one of the last bastions of freedom of expression, so as long as we can debate these topics in a respectful and civilised manner then I'm sure that most of us would be happy to engage in all manner of discussions.

I'm sure that the vast majority of our members would feel the same way, as this has always been a very open, friendly and welcoming community that enjoys the chance for polite discourse on many different subjects :)
Hello .
Thank you for your comments
I will bear in mind all that has been said to me on the site from yourself and others
Love the site , don’t want to leave it and would worry and do that some one demands I go.
Being forcibly removed from social groups ( 4 at last count down here in Devon ) for expressing my views is hurtful to say the least .
Regarding my views , they will be private from now on .
I will however reply to any communications with me on a strictly ,not for publication basis .
Am prepared to talk .
Kindest personal regards to all on the site
Stay safe please
Adrian

Could someone PLEASE kill this pointless, controversial thread stone dead ?!
No offence,but it just goes round and round in circles,with the original postee,digging a bigger hole each time....
Admins ?? (Can you do that ??)
Yes, enough said. Let’s all move on now, please.
Seems wise. I've locked the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom