Pictures and drawings .there are some superb pictures and photo manipulations on here .

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying other people’s work should be deleted , that’s for the peopl3 running the site to decide not me .
I was and am expressing my views
But that is exactly what you did say "My view of the pictures ,delete them". Pics are never deleted because one or more of the mods thinks thinks they are rubbish. They are only deleted if they break the rules of the site. May I take this opportunity to invite you to post some of your own work and I can assure you that several moderators, including myself will be only too happy to find time to publish a perfectly fair, unbalanced and totally impartial critique of your contribution. In fact they are forming a queue along with many other members right now. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry

i was only stating my views on the subject .
Never thought it was wrong to comment on people’s work .
Oh, you can say whatever you like. But calling for the deletion of work because it doesn’t suit your tastes will inspire a very candid criticism from me. You can say whatever you’d like here, yes, but that means that everyone else can respond freely as well, and I’m sure that it won’t be positive feedback. Unless you don’t like criticism suddenly?

Yes when you have finished deleting your works Wragg you might think about permanently banning yourself, because frankly your Christmas story about the three wise men was blasphemous and riddled with appalling limericks :rolleyes:
I write nothing. At the end I receive a similar good advice from you.

Amen to that.
Thank you all for allowing me comment on the pictures on the site .
I repeat they are my personal views
Don’t please take what I say seriously .
It is a superb site and always gets my interest
One day I will put some thin , I know not what , on here .
Conversely for all those who have experienced being crucified and lived to tell the tale
You lucky people .
It’s one of my bucket list items ,to be crucified naked by a woman ,in total privacy .
One day , one day .

Thank you all for allowing me comment on the pictures on the site .
I repeat they are my personal views
Don’t please take what I say seriously .
It is a superb site and always gets my interest
One day I will put some thin , I know not what , on here .
Conversely for all those who have experienced being crucified and lived to tell the tale
You lucky people .
It’s one of my bucket list items ,to be crucified naked by a woman ,in total privacy .
One day , one day .
And with that said, let us all now return to our regular programming. :)

There are some superb pictures and photo manipulations on the site , then again there is a lot of rubbish .
But my main gripe is that the pictures show ladies with immaculate hair , lipstick and in some cases they look
as if they had just jumped out of the shower.
Also they are mostly smiling and laughing, they have been crucified or impailed , a gruesome death if ever there was one .
So facial expressions would be far from laughing , screaming in pain , or just resigned to the investable , would be the norm !
Sullum and with the head drooping .and tears in their eyes .impailing them selves and unable to get up due
to exhaustion ,
The bodies arching or moving to get off the impairment ,
The bodies should be covered in sweat and dirty , not ultra clean
Then there is the issue of the ladies themselves. Super fit ultra slim and ready for a marathon .
Instead of the plain Jane , dirty and over weight there would be .

If you are going to put a drawing on here , can you at least do it properly
Make an effort and plan what you draw .
They the drawings are for the most part rubbish and should be removed .
Please , please remember what the subject matter is for the site ?
I see that your previous comments are largely confined to two threads on this site, Adrian -

Please would you enlighten us regarding any other threads to which your comments about artwork might refer?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I see that your previous comments are largely confined to two threads on this site, Adrian -

Please would you enlighten us regarding any other threads to which your comments about artwork might refer?
Thank you.
Hi.
I have been on just two threads to my reckoning .
They are impalations and women crucified , only two !
The threads may over lap others .
They are strictly my personal views and comments
Regards
Adrian

I am not saying other people’s work should be deleted , that’s for the peopl3 running the site to decide not me .
I was and am expressing my views
Oh don’t be such a martyr, you gave your views and I gave mine, nobody is trying to “stifle” or “silence” you! Say whatever you want! :p But please don’t call for other people’s work to be deleted just because YOU don’t like it :doh:
It’s not a case of not liking it
I just feel some of the illustrations are not up to your high standard
And no I am not complaining ,just commenting and there is a difference

Oh, you can say whatever you like. But calling for the deletion of work because it doesn’t suit your tastes will inspire a very candid criticism from me. You can say whatever you’d like here, yes, but that means that everyone else can respond freely as well, and I’m sure that it won’t be positive feedback. Unless you don’t like criticism suddenly?
Fully accepted and sorry I upset you ,

There are some superb pictures and photo manipulations on the site , then again there is a lot of rubbish .
It's called Sturgeon's Law.
But then again the content supplied by members here is free, not forced on you, and often the personal expression of people who don't even claim to be professionals.
So facial expressions would be far from laughing , screaming in pain , or just resigned to the investable , would be the norm !
All that part is a perfectly justifiable criticism if (and only if) someone is claiming to make 'realistic' depictions 'as it would happen'.

But please remember there's a big difference between criticism and condemnation ...

... such as you saying something should be outright deleted ... even if it has existed on this site for many years before you joined.

If you are going to put a drawing on here , can you at least do it properly
Make an effort and plan what you draw .
They the drawings are for the most part rubbish and should be removed .
Please , please remember what the subject matter is for the site ?
Now, apart from pictures in general, and photomanipulations that you mentioned before, ...

you're singling out drawings.

The artists who work traditionally with pencil on paper (or the occasional madman who does ink on paper ;) )
are a minority here, but I dare say ... that they are far more likely to avoid the "smiling supermodel on a cross".

And by calling for removal of artwork and trying to tell others off what the subject mater of the site is you lose sympathy points.
i mean I might have agreed to the general sentiment that smiling supermodels on the cross are kind of silly but not this way.

The subject matter of this site is, frankly, just what factually is on this site -- admins have the ability to police it and delete things that they deem unacceptable , but sorry, they aren't going to police it to your personal tastes.

It’s not a case of not liking it
I just feel some of the illustrations are not up to your high standard
I think you pehaps misunderstand what the "standards" of these forums are. There are some artists (3D, drawing, painting, and photo manipulation) who do try to work toward some sense of 'realism'. Then there are others who take a more 'glam' view, or perhaps go for a more erotic twist, emphasizing the beauty of the crucified figure (and here one can find examples of female and male crux). There is a minority (I think) of artists who go into gruesome detail. There is no one thing that appeals to everyone. I have done manips that are tragic, erotic, and sometimes satirical/ironic/comedic. Do I think crucifixion was funny? Of course not. That said, I also do not think a real crucifixion of a young girl would be particularly fun or erotic to watch either. I would not "get off" on that at all. I make no judgements on those who do find the more realistic, sweaty, bloody images turn them on.

Imagine if I didn't like the Mona Lisa - not much of a painting. Just the head of a girl, doing nothing except smiling on a nondescript backdrop. I should probably write to the Louvre and have them put it in storage so that they can bring out something more interesting. Also most of the classical paintings depicting the "Rape of the Sabine Women" seem to show everyone more or less enjoying themselves - not a realistic portrayal of the trauma of rape at all.

Our standards, as you put it, are to encourage people to express themselves as they wish. I have written a number of comedy crux stories. Don't bother reading them - you won't like them at all, since they aren't at all serious or realistic about how horrible crucifixion really was. Unfortunately, it seems that a number of other people, besides me, also like these stories, so I won't be deleting them either. The "standards" here are that we will encourage artists, and offer constructive criticism to allow people to express their fantasies and thoughts, in the context of the forum interests. You don't have to be Da Vinci to contribute. Many of us have started with simple stuff, and have moved on to develop our technical skill. If you want to tell me that I'm not a great artist, that's okay. I'm not delusional enough to think that I'm the most brilliant artist here, nor will my stories or images appeal to everyone.

Perhaps a little humility and tact would be in order. You are, after all, expressing your views somewhat negatively about contributions by other members, while you yourself have contributed nothing but this commentary. But I do agree with you that you have a right to say what you wish. I personally am insterested in seeing how deep you can dig this hole you've started.

Why do I have this sudden urge to change my normal style and instead start making drawings of happy, smiling, clean and fit ladies singing 1970s pop songs in text balloons while on the cross?

It's called Sturgeon's Law.
That was really interesting.. (after a wrong turn where I first typed “The Sturgeon Paradox” and got articles about the political acumen of Scottish Nationalist leader Nicola Sturgeon :doh:)..

1: Ninety percent of everything is crap.
2: the best science fiction is as good as the best literature in any field

I couldn’t agree more. And now I can add “Sturgeon’s law” to the List of Things I Have Learned on CF. :rolleyes:

1: Ninety percent of everything is crap.
Except for actual crap, which is 100% crap...
Do I think crucifixion was funny? Of course not.
Surely you've seen The Life of Brian?
Imagine if I didn't like the Mona Lisa - not much of a painting. Just the head of a girl, doing nothing except smiling on a nondescript backdrop. I should probably write to the Louvre and have them put it in storage so that they can bring out something more interesting.

Given the mobs it attracts, or did in pre-Covid days, there are times the Louvre might have been tempted to take you up on that.

Actually comedy is something I take very seriously. I know from having done it that writing comedy is hard, harder in many ways than straight-up writing about someone suffering, and you do it brilliantly. So carry on...

And with that said, let us all now return to our regular programming. :)
Another rerun of 'Ilsa, the She-Wolf of the SS'?

(I know I recently made a similar reply in another thread! But, conveniently to this discussion, one critic of the movie once made the remark that all the prisoners were slim, attractive young women, and, considering their well cared long haircut, the women prisoners must have had a hairstylist available in the concentration camp, and plenty of time to do their hair. That's the genre, right? Campy, sexploitation? This forum is first of all about (erotic) fantasy about crucifixion, in all its possible preferences).

Another rerun of 'Ilsa, the She-Wolf of the SS'?

(I know I recently made a similar reply in another thread! But, conveniently to this discussion, one critic of the movie once made the remark that all the prisoners were slim, attractive young women, and, considering their well cared long haircut, the women prisoners must have had a hairstylist available in the concentration camp, and plenty of time to do their hair. That's the genre, right? Campy, sexploitation? This forum is first of all about (erotic) fantasy about crucifixion, in all its possible preferences).
Absolutely! The OP is free to like sweaty, dirty, saggy, flabby, dumpy, grumpy and miserable crux victims, and to say so to his heart’s content, just as other members are free to enjoy other things; the key thing is tolerance. We don’t call for the things we don’t like to get deleted! (Unless they break the site rules of course!) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom