Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
No, I wasn't raised a Catholic. I am baptized and confirmed evangelically. There were many Catholics in my home country who came to stay here as refugees after the war ended in 1945. But religion was never discussed with friends from Catholic families either.

What means "physical abuse"? As far as I know used these Magdalena Sisters their power for sexual-related humiliations. There are stories that pupils had to stand naked before some Sisters.
that Magdalena sisters must be a European sect. My catholic friends are mostly French - Canadien. Rulerslaps and occasional tawse wipping. Never was told about the naked thing but not surprized

What means "physical abuse"? As far as I know used these Magdalena Sisters their power for sexual-related humiliations. There are stories that pupils had to stand naked before some Sisters.
that Magdalena sisters must be a European sect. My catholic friends are mostly French - Canadien. Rulerslaps and occasional tawse wipping. Never was told about the naked thing but not surprized
The reference is to a 2002 film.
Magdalene Asylums or Laundries were facilities that were set up several contries to provide shelter for prostitutes, unwed mothers and other "fallen" women from the XVIII to early XX century. Ultimately, they operated as de facto prisons.
The worst of these were those run by the RC church in Ireland. The brutality of these institutions finally came to light in the 1990s and became the basis for the film.
This scene is one that might interest our members. Sorry for the annoying Russian voice over.

Yes, this is a ploy to smoke out responses from the majority of our 155 members who don't post.

It's also a semi-scientific way to find out what percentage of people with this fetish were raised in a faith whose central image is a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy hanging from a cross.

You need only answer yes or no. Further comments are at your discretion.

My answer: Yes. Attended parochial school until 9th grade to boot.
I was raised (and still profess to be) Lutheran...which is like "Catholic Lite"... One-third the guilt, and none of the saints.

However, religion has played a part in my fascination with crux.

I was raised in a nearly not-believing protestant family and consider myself as bible-believing christ, after some studies of the holy book. My main written story was the idea of what happens when a bible-believing church makes a passion play. Due to "Sola scriptura" they would have to reenact, what happened really at Golgatha, not the resurrection, that is no problem, but the details of crucifixion are. That is the reason why I am here, to learn from the experts.

apostate630 said:

"Yes, this is a ploy to smoke out responses from the majority of our 155 members who don't post.

It's also a semi-scientific way to find out what percentage of people with this fetish were raised in a faith whose central image is a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy hanging from a cross.

You need only answer yes or no. Further comments are at your discretion.

My answer: Yes. Attended parochial school until 9th grade to boot."

Yes
Roman Catholic
Attended boarding school run by Anglicans
Anglican College
Catholic University
Practicing R.C.

vagley eff, imaging is poor depiction,,,in spite of Jesuit Univ.,I prefer the Gothic depiction of Christ The King, robed and crowned and the Cross as His Throne.

We used to play 'slaves' on our way to and from school – one girl had to carry everyone's bags, while the others smacked her and prodded her and shouted to make her hurry. Again, other girls used to moan, but this girl would say "Let me be the slave, please!"
Sounds like an amazing game. Can you elaborate?

Damn, since somehow I found this thread, I will contribute to it, despite the fact that it is over 16 years old.

To be honest, I've always wondered why I'm so crazy. And this thread comes as close as possible to the answer.

I know for sure that when truly historical events took place in my country, there was nothing to do with raising children. And religion has nothing to do with this forum! It's my opinion)

If anything, then I am Orthodox, but my attraction to the main topic of this forum arose long before that)

Back
Top Bottom