Posting Images

Go to CruxDreams.com
Members should always thinking on the resolution and image size.
Your image have a resolution of 4284x2863 pixel an 693kB. The few details need not such a high resolution.
Here is the same in 1600x1070 pixel and 154kB. When you view both, I think, you see no difference.
For each MB traffic must be IM pay. 10 views will use 6,9MB(yours) or 1,5MB traffic.
The costs for overusing traffic, are more(55%), as for the using webspace(45%).
Which explains your 'oops' problems, Juan.

Your image have a resolution of 4284x2863 pixel an 693kB. The few details need not such a high resolution.
Here is the same in 1600x1070 pixel and 154kB. When you view both, I think, you see no difference.
For each MB traffic must be IM pay. 10 views will use 6,9MB(yours) or 1,5MB traffic.
Thanks for educating me. I'm very new to images, I'll try to get them smaller.

In case it helps anyone here in the future, when I did post it on my art thread, it posted it several times, once for each of my attempts, even though it didn't show that it was there at all.
To high resolutions will not be dispayed as preview.
Here a example by @Briccone :
Image1.jpg
The image have a resolution of 4000x5273 Pixel and a size of 958kB. The 120 views had used so 120MB traffic.
A resizing 1214x1600 Pixel would be solved the issue with the preview. The size differnce is little. I guess, Briccone try to solved the issue with a reducing of quality, but I think, the better way is reducing the resolution.

Attachments

• Winteramazone 3.jpg
    Winteramazone 3.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 83
I think there are two issues at play here. One is the sizing issue that Madiosi has identified. The other is simply a slow server response that seems to occur intermittently even for simple non-image requests. The latter is annoying but is generally resolved by trying again.

There are three things to consider. One is the dimensions of the file, which at 4284x2863 is very large for such a simple image. Another is file size ie the kb, this is related to the dimensions but can be adjusted. Most graphics apps will allow you to specify the jpeg compression, the higher the compression the smaller the size, but there may be a loss of quality. Some apps will let you specify a maximum file size for a jpeg, say 400k.
In the case of this picture, the other thing to consider is file format. A jpeg is smaller than a png by quite a lot, but a simple image like this with a small number of flat colours would be far better posted as a gif file (yes, non animated gifs do exist!)

Just a question about interpreting the rules. :confundio1:
The number of posting images in one thread is limited to 5 (five) per day. :nono:
What is understood by a 'day'.?
A day is a span of 24 hours. But is this, in the interpretation of the rules, a calendar day (a fixed 0h00 am to 12:00 pm)? And so yes, what time zone applies?
Or is this a 24 h span, starting from the fifth image posted in a thread.
For instance : I post 5 pics of wobbling wobbles in the thread 'Wobbling wobbles'. I never have posted any pic in that thread before. I do so at 02:04 CET pm. At 02:06, pm CET, two minutes later, I post five more wobbling wobbles in the same thread. Although this means I have posted 10 pics in the same thread at the same calendar day of the CET time zone, I stay perfectly within the rules, as long as I would not post another (maximum 5) wobbling wobble before 02:07 pm CET the next day? But if I wait 48 hours + 1 minute, I could again post 10 wobbling wobbles within 2 minutes?

Could the mods be clear about that, please? :icon_tfno:

I don't think we've thought of an official definition, my own policy is to trust the common sense of our active members, and most of the time that seems to work. I guess if you avoid posting more than your 5-a-day within 24 hours you'll certainly be toeing the line.

Back
Top Bottom