Posting Images

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have a picture of 4000 x 3000, 18 GB but it's "too large". What is the maximum size in pixels and GB's ?
I've never heard of anyone wishing to post a pic that is 18GB. Are you sure it's not 18 MB? In either event it would probably be too big. There's no real need to post a pic bigger than 500KB although many people do post 1 to 4 MB. I've not seen any limit on pixel size. The max size of a movie is 10MB. If your pic or movie is hosted externally then it is the host that determines the size.
Hi Kam, I believe the maximum size here is 10 MB. If you are trying to post your new picture, which I have seen on DeviantArt, this is in png format with a file size of 18 MB. When converted to jpg/jpeg format, with the same dimensions, the file size is reduced to 3.15 MB, which is no problem for posting here. I have sent you a PM with the jpg version. :)

Hi Kam, I believe the maximum size here is 10 MB. If you are trying to post your new picture, which I have seen on DeviantArt, this is in png format with a file size of 18 MB. When converted to jpg/jpeg format, with the same dimensions, the file size is reduced to 3.15 MB, which is no problem for posting here. I have sent you a PM with the jpg version. :)
Thanks and yes it's Mb not Gb of course :)

One of the options is: Click, insert image. Move the picture into the insert window, the border of the window turns green. Now you can see the large picture above and below the picture again in a smaller format. On the small picture you click on "insert", now click on the large picture, a selection appears at the bottom, click on remove (the recycle bin). The big picture disappears {click the trash can under the big picture, not the one on the small one}. Now you can place the cursor where you want this thumbnail to be. And just click on " thumbnail" - done -

Bildschirmfoto zu 2021-05-07 21-51-43.png

Is there anyway to know the numbers of view of a posted image when it's shown as a thumbnail?
Not that i care much about that but.......

I'm sure this has been written out before, but I had a few people ask about how to post thumbnails in the past few days. I wrote it out as briefly as I could for another member, and though it wouldn't hurt to put it here as well.

"Once you have selected the images to attach there should be another button above the "attach files" button that says "insert multiple". Click that and check "select all" and to the right of that button is another that says "thumbnail" or "full image". Click 'thumbnail", and your images should appear as the smaller thumbnails in your post."

I'm sure this has been written out before, but I had a few people ask about how to post thumbnails in the past few days. I wrote it out as briefly as I could for another member, and though it wouldn't hurt to put it here as well.

"Once you have selected the images to attach there should be another button above the "attach files" button that says "insert multiple". Click that and check "select all" and to the right of that button is another that says "thumbnail" or "full image". Click 'thumbnail", and your images should appear as the smaller thumbnails in your post."
Exactly right. Thanks for posting this.

Can anyone tell Pp whether it is possible to post images from an iPad? Pp travels extensive with a company laptop and is quite sure that he does not want the IT trolls in Mumbai and Shanghai gazing over his shoulder.
He always carries a personal iPad so his peccadilos go unnoticed but he has not yet found a way to post images using that device.
I'm for that! I use my iPad pretty much this exact way for similar reasons. I posted the thumbnail, and attached a Google Drive Link to the pic. I guess that's the wrong way as well.

Back
Top Bottom