Prize Of The Eagle

• Thread starter Deleted member 16320
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
D

Deleted member 16320

:)I would like to introduce you to an artist called belzaph ..:)
In agreement with him I was allowed to present here some of his works ...
So they will like it! ¨;)

Http://belzaph.deviantart.com/

Attachments

• prize of the eagle prologue.pdf
    40.6 MB · Views: 556
  • 30_by_belzaph-dbbdsdw.jpg
    30_by_belzaph-dbbdsdw.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 765
  • a_good_afternoons_entertainment_by_belzaph-dbehu6i.jpg
    a_good_afternoons_entertainment_by_belzaph-dbehu6i.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 722
  • ancient_beauties___a_forest_nymph_by_belzaph-dasdzj9.jpg
    ancient_beauties___a_forest_nymph_by_belzaph-dasdzj9.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 694
  • legionaires_armour_re_skin_test_by_belzaph-dbe0080.jpg
    legionaires_armour_re_skin_test_by_belzaph-dbe0080.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 727
  • morning_warm_up__by_belzaph-dbdyd9e.jpg
    morning_warm_up__by_belzaph-dbdyd9e.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 710
  • roman_bedroom_render_test_by_belzaph-dbcnymu.jpg
    roman_bedroom_render_test_by_belzaph-dbcnymu.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 662
  • sanctuary_by_belzaph-dbdh6wb.jpg
    sanctuary_by_belzaph-dbdh6wb.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 687
Nice-looking Roman legionary armor and weapons, think it's the same one I've got from many years ago, made to fit Michael 2 but I updated it to fit Michael 3. It's still the best, most authentic-looking Roman armor I've found.

Thanks Greec, for posting this.

Is it still available?
I think it is. I wish it was up to date. I struggled to get it updated to conform to M3. It also has a very authenticly modeled shield, sword, dagger, scabbards for both, a pilum type spear, caligae boots, two types of crest for the helmet for legionary or centurion. I used the sword and dagger a few days ago for a figure. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

I think it is. I wish it was up to date. I struggled to get it updated to conform to M3. It also has a very authenticly modeled shield, sword, dagger, scabbards for both, a pilum type spear, caligae boots, two types of crest for the helmet for legionary or centurion. I used the sword and dagger a few days ago for a figure. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.
Thanks jedakk. DAZ hasn't made it easy to find older items on their website.
I have adh3d's centurion and legionary outfits for Apollo Maximus.They are also very good but not easy to use.

Thanks jedakk. DAZ hasn't made it easy to find older items on their website.
I have adh3d's centurion and legionary outfits for Apollo Maximus.They are also very good but not easy to use.

This one is so old that it's actually for Michael 1, not Michael 2 as I said before. Here's the link to it: https://www.daz3d.com/legionnaire

Looking at the picture on DAZ, it looks like crap, honestly, and it's more expensive than I remember. I was able to modify it to conform to M3, but otherwise didn't change any geometry, and I changed the materials on just about everything to make it look a bit more realistic. Here are some renders that I used it in back about 2010 when I was still trying to figure out how I was going to do The Serpent's Eye.

Sabina S4 PM IDL test 6 Front Frame 1379 - soldier 12 photoshopped.jpg Sabina S4 PM IDL test 6 Front Frame 1379 - soldier 13 photoshopped.jpg Sabina S4 PM IDL test 6 Front Frame 1379 - soldier 16 photoshopped.jpg Sabina S4 PM IDL Vex 6 test 6 Front Frame 1379 - soldier -5.jpg

The armor in the first three images is very reflective; if you look closely at the soldier's earpiece in the third image, you can see a pretty complete reflected image of Sabina on her cross. In the fourth image, the armor is a little less reflective. All of the parts are separate, so you can use the shoes on a character, spear, sword, dagger, etc. however you wish. Here's a character I was using for another purpose recently who has the sword and dagger only.

Tattoos 1-1_0050.jpg

This one is so old that it's actually for Michael 1, not Michael 2 as I said before. Here's the link to it: https://www.daz3d.com/legionnaire

Looking at the picture on DAZ, it looks like crap, honestly, and it's more expensive than I remember. I was able to modify it to conform to M3, but otherwise didn't change any geometry, and I changed the materials on just about everything to make it look a bit more realistic. Here are some renders that I used it in back about 2010 when I was still trying to figure out how I was going to do The Serpent's Eye.

View attachment 517852 View attachment 517853 View attachment 517854 View attachment 517855

The armor in the first three images is very reflective; if you look closely at the soldier's earpiece in the third image, you can see a pretty complete reflected image of Sabina on her cross. In the fourth image, the armor is a little less reflective. All of the parts are separate, so you can use the shoes on a character, spear, sword, dagger, etc. however you wish. Here's a character I was using for another purpose recently who has the sword and dagger only.

View attachment 517856
nice

Thanks for the link and your elaborate reply.
Indeed it's expensive ($29.95). Perhaps you bought it at a reduced price at the time. Shame they ask that much for an old M1 item.
It looks quite similar to the Apollo Maximus outfit. I think I'd better try to fit that to M4 or M3 with Philc's Wardrobe Wizard, all the more if the materials need to be changed. The Apollo materials only need a little tweaking. They also consist of multiple separate items.
Renders in this thread: The Enslavement Of Thessela

That reflection of Sabina is a nice detail.

Apollo Maximus Centurion Full67168.jpg product_image_full_97085.jpg product_image_full_97086.jpg product_image_full_97087.jpg
Apollo Maximus Legionary Full61828.jpg product_image_full_86429.jpg product_image_full_86430.jpg product_image_full_86431.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed it's expensive ($29.95). Perhaps you bought it at a reduced price at the time. Shame they ask that much for an old M1 item.
It looks quite similar to the Apollo Maximus outfit. I think I'd better try to fit that to M4 or M3 with Philc's Wardrobe Wizard, all the more if the materials need to be changed. The Apollo materials only need a little tweaking. They also consist of multiple separate items.

Apollo Maximus Centurion View attachment 517899 View attachment 517896 View attachment 517897 View attachment 517898
Apollo Maximus Legionary View attachment 517903 View attachment 517900 View attachment 517901 View attachment 517902
Are the textures of crosses and nails available here?
-crucifixion-
thanks a lot:

Apollo Maximus Centurion View attachment 517899 View attachment 517896 View attachment 517897 View attachment 517898
Apollo Maximus Legionary View attachment 517903 View attachment 517900 View attachment 517901 View attachment 517902

Well, I do have the Apollo stuff as well, so I was able to compare them side by side. It has been a while since I looked at the Apollo stuff and I guess I didn't look at it very long before. Apollo didn't impress me very much, very cartoonish, not the kind of look I wanted for the images I had in mind. He would have looked very odd alongside a more detailed V4 figure.

As for the Apollo Roman armor, the body armor, skirt, sword, baldric, phallerae, etc. are all one unit. They should conform to Apollo, but for whatever reason when I try to conform them the right shoulder/collar goes to hell and wraps around his back. The parts of that unit are not separately poseable. This is a big deal. You can't rotate the sword and scabbard to fit the character's pose. You can't bend those phallerae, the leather pieces hanging in front of his abdomen, so they don't go through the skirt when he bends. The body of the armor will only work if it will conform to the figure. If you could fix the conforming problems, I think this guy could stand at attention with a spear, but that would be about it. No matter what you do with Wardrobe Wizard, you won't improve these things.

On the other hand, everything on the M1 armor is independently poseable. The cheek pieces on the helmet swing in and out, the phallerae have 5 joints each, so you can do whatever you want with them to fit a pose. The baldric has a lot of joints so you can move it however you want. Even the D-rings on the sides of the scabbards swing in and out realistically. This is a painstakingly detailed set of models. If I had used Roman soldiers in any of my stories, I would have done more work on this set to update it to current figures and get the materials looking right. I'd easily pay the $30 or so for this today if I didn't already have it, but that's me. I've spent a lot of money over the years for all of the 3D models I've got.

Here's what they look like side by side. I made a quick attempt to fix most of the materials and make them a bit better in the M1 outfit.

Roman Armor Comparison 1_0001.jpg

Also, FYI that reflection in the soldier's cheek piece is actually a ray-traced reflection produced during rendering. I didn't know in advance that it would do that, so it was a complete accident that the angles were just right to make that happen.

No, I made those myself back about 15 years ago. The wood texture actually came from pictures I took of old wood that happened to be in my back yard, painted the blood on. I could definitely do a better job now.
I'm a beginner with daz3d, and I'd like to find out where I can download scenes of crucifixion-textures, crosses, etc.

Skatingjesus, and hasturan use photoshop, daz3d, octane etc ....
But i know i can download it ... do you advise me ??
Thanks

I'm a beginner with daz3d, and I'd like to find out where I can download scenes of crucifixion-textures, crosses, etc.

Skatingjesus, and hasturan use photoshop, daz3d, octane etc ....
But i know i can download it ... do you advise me ??
Thanks

I don't use DAZ Studio, so can't help you there. And my cross and nail props are set up for use in Poser. The textures won't work in DAZ.

You will need to use some 2D painting program like Photoshop, although you might be able to find a cheaper or free program to begin with. I suggest that you search through the free stuff on Renderosity.com and DAZ3D.com for free props that you can at least use to learn. Also there are some crosses on ShareCG.com that are free.

Well, I do have the Apollo stuff as well, so I was able to compare them side by side. It has been a while since I looked at the Apollo stuff and I guess I didn't look at it very long before. Apollo didn't impress me very much, very cartoonish, not the kind of look I wanted for the images I had in mind. He would have looked very odd alongside a more detailed V4 figure.

As for the Apollo Roman armor, the body armor, skirt, sword, baldric, phallerae, etc. are all one unit. They should conform to Apollo, but for whatever reason when I try to conform them the right shoulder/collar goes to hell and wraps around his back. The parts of that unit are not separately poseable. This is a big deal. You can't rotate the sword and scabbard to fit the character's pose. You can't bend those phallerae, the leather pieces hanging in front of his abdomen, so they don't go through the skirt when he bends. The body of the armor will only work if it will conform to the figure. If you could fix the conforming problems, I think this guy could stand at attention with a spear, but that would be about it. No matter what you do with Wardrobe Wizard, you won't improve these things.

On the other hand, everything on the M1 armor is independently poseable. The cheek pieces on the helmet swing in and out, the phallerae have 5 joints each, so you can do whatever you want with them to fit a pose. The baldric has a lot of joints so you can move it however you want. Even the D-rings on the sides of the scabbards swing in and out realistically. This is a painstakingly detailed set of models. If I had used Roman soldiers in any of my stories, I would have done more work on this set to update it to current figures and get the materials looking right. I'd easily pay the $30 or so for this today if I didn't already have it, but that's me. I've spent a lot of money over the years for all of the 3D models I've got.

Here's what they look like side by side. I made a quick attempt to fix most of the materials and make them a bit better in the M1 outfit.

View attachment 518067

Also, FYI that reflection in the soldier's cheek piece is actually a ray-traced reflection produced during rendering. I didn't know in advance that it would do that, so it was a complete accident that the angles were just right to make that happen.
It's a long time since I used the legionary. I had a look at it again and indeed it consists of one unit. The conforming problems may be due to the Poser version you are using. In Poser 7 it conforms well. I have seen similar problems with other items.
The centurion I have used more often. It is better than the legionary and consits of multiple pieces.
Anyway I have put the Michael1 outfit on my wishlist.

That reflection: such surprises smetimes happen if you are lucky.

Back
Top Bottom