Problem With Images

Go to CruxDreams.com

Darkprincess69

High Priestess of Slaanesh
Just today I've started to notice a problem with some images on the site. On many posts, rather than seeing a collection of thumbnails, I'm just getting a list of filenames instead.

Clicking on these either does nothing at all, or just opens a blank image view, while attempting to open them in a new tab or window throws up this error message;

"CruxForums The On-Line Communities - Error
This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later."

Not sure what's broken here but it seems to be affecting multiple threads across the site.

This link here from the WiP - Women In Peril thread;
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/attachments/cute-blonde-girl-kidnapped-sexy-jpg.396528/
is one of several from the same thread that is not working, and interestingly, in the thread "Studies in Cruciform2", not only is sympazero's post from earlier today not working for images, but neither is the post that I made in the same thread on Friday, where I posted the photos of Juliette Binoche - only yesterday, the thumbnails were showing up perfectly in my post and clicking them opened them correctly but today there are no thumbnails and just a list of filename links that do nothing as described above.

Is this just a temporary issue related to the server upgrade, or do we have a new problem here?

Got the same problem... Seems to appear since tuesday. All former posts are ok...

Just today I've started to notice a problem with some images on the site. On many posts, rather than seeing a collection of thumbnails, I'm just getting a list of filenames instead.

Clicking on these either does nothing at all, or just opens a blank image view, while attempting to open them in a new tab or window throws up this error message;

"CruxForums The On-Line Communities - Error
This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later."

Not sure what's broken here but it seems to be affecting multiple threads across the site.

This link here from the WiP - Women In Peril thread;
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/attachments/cute-blonde-girl-kidnapped-sexy-jpg.396528/
is one of several from the same thread that is not working, and interestingly, in the thread "Studies in Cruciform2", not only is sympazero's post from earlier today not working for images, but neither is the post that I made in the same thread on Friday, where I posted the photos of Juliette Binoche - only yesterday, the thumbnails were showing up perfectly in my post and clicking them opened them correctly but today there are no thumbnails and just a list of filename links that do nothing as described above.

Got the same problem...

Is this just a temporary issue related to the server upgrade, or do we have a new problem here?

Last edited:
Got the same problem... Seems to appear since friday. All former posts are ok...
I guess that rules out any issues on my end then. Having said that, the error message pretty much confirms the issue is with the site anyway, but it's good to know I'm not the only one with a problem here.

Testing
fef1e798e02ecd47ec9ba38dfdd6d6f5.jpg
Seems OK now. Whatever happened seems to have temporarily lost the links between the images stored on the computer and the web page from approx Tues 12th July. If the links are permanently gone AWOL then it's not a huge problem. The pics can be reposted and we can tidy up afterwards.

Testing
View attachment 396728
Seems OK now. Whatever happened seems to have temporarily lost the links between the images stored on the computer and the web page from approx Tues 12th July. If the links are permanently gone AWOL then it's not a huge problem. The pics can be reposted and we can tidy up afterwards.

Yeah that's working now. Unless the actual image files have been deleted from the server, then I don't see any reason why the links cannot be restored to operational status.

Confirming the function of the testing pic. May TC repeat all posts in the thread "Crucified" from "Kata Part05" on, please?

I'm still encountering problems with downloading a pdf (one from Madiosi for the Archive).
Is anyone else hitting the same sort of difficulty? Or succeeding in downloading?

Also, apologies to anyone who was temporarily cut out a short while back, that was probably my fault,
dealing with an unusually cunning attempt to by-pass our security.

I'm still encountering problems with downloading a pdf (one from Madiosi for the Archive).
Is anyone else hitting the same sort of difficulty? Or succeeding in downloading?
Give me the link and I'll give it a try from here

Thanks DP. The situation's clearer now, Madiosi had to upload the files again, for the new title
and for a couple that I'd uploaded to the Archive in the last couple of days which had gone awol.
So we're getting back to normal again, but it will take a while to replace everything that's dropped off.

It seems that a number of images, pdfs and other documents
uploaded to the site in the past few days are no longer accessible,
and will need to be replaced.

This is probably an unfortunate side-effect of the ongoing upgrade -
apologies, please be patient.

If members who've uploaded material recently notice it's 'gone missing',

please re-upload it on the thread where it belongs, and we'll edit it into the right place.

No! On my computer it is not working. Lots of images dont show up

regards g
It seems that any image files posted between last tuesday (12th July) and yesterday (sunday 18th July) were lost from the server so while the filenames still exist for you to click on, they're no longer linked to the images.

Interestingly, this only seems to have affected images posted as thumbnails - those posted as full images seem to be working just fine - presumably because those are embedded into the post rather than linked from a seperate location which is no longer available.

Looks like something went badly awry while the server was being upgraded :(

It seems that any image files posted between last tuesday (12th July) and yesterday (sunday 18th July) were lost from the server so while the filenames still exist for you to click on, they're no longer linked to the images.

Interestingly, this only seems to have affected images posted as thumbnails - those posted as full images seem to be working just fine - presumably because those are embedded into the post rather than linked from a seperate location which is no longer available.

Looks like something went badly awry while the server was being upgraded :(
When you mean the Bakerboy-Pfhotos, he laid on extern servers.

When you mean the Bakerboy-Pfhotos, he laid on extern servers.
Yeah but the problem is actually very widespread.

My own guess is that those images (and other downloadable files, like PDFs and presumably ebooks and stuff) was being shunted to a temporary data store while the upgrade was ongoing and for some reason never got restored. As an example, I posted a serioes of pics in the Studies in Cruciform thread on Friday. I could still view them on saturday but by sunday they were no longer working.

If I didn't know any better I'd say that the temporary data store accidentally got flushed before the data was restored to the operational data pool.

Boing...., goes the ball being dropped :(

Yes, the situation seems to be that all images and files uploaded since (I think now) the evening of Sunday 10th July have gone missing.
Full-size pictures posted by BakerBoy and Margot are streamed from their own websites, so aren't affected.
Once again, sorry!

Yes, the situation seems to be that all images and files uploaded since (I think now) the evening of Sunday 10th July have gone missing.
Full-size pictures posted by BakerBoy and Margot are streamed from their own websites, so aren't affected.
Once again, sorry!
Actually it seems that full-size images posted in forum threads also seem to be working (works OK in conversations too, but only if posted as full images, not thumbnails)

You may well be right, though I haven't noticed any full-sized pics that have survived
(and of course I can't tell whether ones inserted in posts that have gone missing
were thumbnails or full-size)

PS ah yes, looking back through a PM thread, some full-size pics have survived in that.

Back
Top Bottom