Prosecution of Anna

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
In Rome’s peak the kingdom spanned much of the civilized world. In what would become known as the Middle East, Justus rules over the area known as Israel. He is a stern governor as the Israelites were somewhat less than thrilled to be ruled by any foreign entity and particularly not the Romans! Justus balanced the needs of Rome with a firm rule necessary to keep the Israelites in line. Israel was an important place in the Roman trade routes.

Justus has a daughter named Anna. Little do the Israelites know that Anna’s mother died giving birth to her and her ‘mother’ is really her step-mother that Justus married shortly after Anna was born. In her twenty years on earth Anna has grown to be quite an attractive woman.

owp 311.jpg

She is attended to constantly by two slave-women that are near her age. Anna has grown very drawn to the two women even though her affections towards them are more than legal!

les 086.jpg

Rumors of their relationship gets to Justus and he insists Anna breaks off any amorous interaction with the slaves. Anna, not the most obedient daughter, decides to have the slave-women escape and she would join them on the run.

Escape the women do though it does not go well. Guards of Justus see the two breaking for the hills.

escape2-run-alice-run-ds 3.jpg

In the hunt that ensued the soldiers fatally shot one woman with an arrow.

hunt 054.jpg

Soon after the second woman had an unfortunate acquaintance with a thrown spear.

hunt 052.jpg

In her dying breaths, she gasped that her short-lived freedom was Anna’s doing and her death would only honor Anna.

As it is, Anna’s father is in Jericho with Anna’s stepmother. Since politically Justus’s career would have been over if his remarriage was known, not even Anna is aware of her stepmother’s status. So Anna is held in a Jerusalem jail until her father returned to Jerusalem.

dungeon 008.jpg

Life is not pleasant for Anna’s jail time…

Anna is tried for releasing her parents’ slaves. Normally a Roman woman would be shipped back to Rome and be sent to a convent to live her life in solitude, but the prosecutor is the secret lover of Crucia, Anna’s stepmother. Despite having a court-appointed attorney, Anna is found guilty of slave theft and condemned to be crucified till she is dead.

court 258.jpg

Her attorney visits her that night and says “Anna, you’re sort of fucked. Unless your father pardons you, you will be crucified naked on Golgotha until you are dead. And I wouldn’t bet on you getting a pardon!”

dungeon 102 c.jpg

My father will save me. He won’t make me hang naked from a cross before the Jewish scum. -Anna

Anna’s parents returned from Jericho the following day to find Anna has been convicted of slave theft and sentenced to death by crucifixion. They summon her from the jail to meet with her and explain their disappointment with her actions. Anna knees by her father and pleas that he must pardon her from her sentence.

c 0002.jpg

The response is not what she hopes to hear. Crucia admonishes her and declares “Your father certainly has the power to refute the court, but it will not be seen well in Rome. It would be far better for Justus’s status if you are indeed put to death on Golgotha!”

“Be silent, Crucia! Of course, I can void Anna’s sentence. But it would be viewed better if the Jews vacated Anna’s crucifixion” he replies.

“Would they do so” Anna asks with hope in her voice.

“It is possible but they are not fond of Rome’s conquest. Your life is still in peril. If they choose to crucify you I will be forced to concede to their wishes. Your last days on earth could be spent dying on a cross” he adds sternly.

c 0001.jpg

Little does Anna or Justus know but Crucia would dispatch guards to bribe the priests to demand Anna dies crucified. There is no love lost on Anna by her stepmother Crucia!

The following day Anna, still naked, is presented by her father to the priests of Jerusalem. With a noble but firm voice he declares “I present you my daughter, Anna. She has been sentenced to death by crucifixion. I come before you asking you, no- begging you, to pardon her of such a vile sentence. It will be your word that sentences to the cross or spares her such a cruel fate. What is your judgement?”

To both Justus’s surprise and to Anna’s despair the priests call out in unison “Crucify her!”

Anna looks to her father and begs “You can overrule them!”

But to her shock, Justus raises his hands and declares “Anna’s blood is on your hands. Tomorrow she will bear her cross to Golgotha and suffer her death crucified naked nailed upon it!”

c 0005.jpg

He can’t be serious Anna thinks in horror.

Despite having a court-appointed attorney, Anna is found guilty of slave theft and condemned to be crucified till she is dead.

court 258.jpg
A bit oddly dressed for Roman times? But then again, as I well know, anything can happen in a Tree yarn. Suspend disbelief and enjoy the show!

In Rome’s peak the kingdom spanned much of the civilized world. In what would become known as the Middle East, Justus rules over the area known as Israel. He is a stern governor as the Israelites were somewhat less than thrilled to be ruled by any foreign entity and particularly not the Romans! Justus balanced the needs of Rome with a firm rule necessary to keep the Israelites in line. Israel was an important place in the Roman trade routes.

Justus has a daughter named Anna. Little do the Israelites know that Anna’s mother died giving birth to her and her ‘mother’ is really her step-mother that Justus married shortly after Anna was born. In her twenty years on earth Anna has grown to be quite an attractive woman.

View attachment 935022

She is attended to constantly by two slave-women that are near her age. Anna has grown very drawn to the two women even though her affections towards them are more than legal!

View attachment 935011

Rumors of their relationship gets to Justus and he insists Anna breaks off any amorous interaction with the slaves. Anna, not the most obedient daughter, decides to have the slave-women escape and she would join them on the run.

Escape the women do though it does not go well. Guards of Justus see the two breaking for the hills.

View attachment 935023

In the hunt that ensued the soldiers fatally shot one woman with an arrow.

View attachment 935010

Soon after the second woman had an unfortunate acquaintance with a thrown spear.

View attachment 935009

In her dying breaths, she gasped that her short-lived freedom was Anna’s doing and her death would only honor Anna.

As it is, Anna’s father is in Jericho with Anna’s stepmother. Since politically Justus’s career would have been over if his remarriage was known, not even Anna is aware of her stepmother’s status. So Anna is held in a Jerusalem jail until her father returned to Jerusalem.

View attachment 935021

Life is not pleasant for Anna’s jail time…
Anna, not the most obedient daughter, decides to have the slave-women escape and she would join them on the run.

Well . . . the slave girls, at least, should have known better.

Anna’s night in the jail is hardly fitting for a Roman-born woman. The guards take advantage of the naked woman’s body in ways that cannot be described here. Let it be said they used her body with their own desires and with tools too frightful to be mentioned here.

dungeon 061.jpg

If there is an upside, Anna is quite exhausted by the night of abuse. Her death on the cross should be over in less than days.

Morning arrives and Anna is brought outside again devoid of any clothing. With a halfhearted laugh she says “I am a Roman lady. You cannot do this to me!”

c 0006.jpg

The soldiers are not convinced and lead her naked through the crowd to her cross.

c 0004.jpg

While one guard holds Anna by her hair, other guards hoist the huge cross towards Anna.

c 0053.jpg

They hand the cross to Anna, laughing and mocking her in their Roman tongue. Anna nearly collapses under the weight of the cross.

c 0055.jpg

But Anna is one with her cross, not to be separated from it except when they prepare to nail her to it.

It is only a half-hour walk from the jail to Golgotha without the cross. Anna’s walk will take well more than hour while she drags the cross to her hill of death.

crux carry 078.jpg

Every step she takes is demeaning to a woman of her status. She is naked being a cross that weighs more than she does. Soldiers and Jews crowd around her and call her names she has never heard before.

crux carry 077.jpg

Anna’s march to her crucifixion continues. She understands some of the Hebrew yelled at her and most of what the Roman guards say to or about her, but her Hebrew is weak at best and the Roman guards speak her native tongue, their slang was not in her vocabulary. None the less, she was familiar enough to know they were calling her things such as ‘whore’ and ‘slut’!

crux carry 051.jpg

In her naked state carrying the cross the taunts seem to address her well, though Anna hardly felt the same. She was carrying her cross to her own execution. It will not be a merciful way to die. Each step she takes brings her and the instrument of her death closer to Golgotha.

c 0056.jpg

Surely the pain and humiliation she is suffering will draw her father’s pardon before she is nailed to the wood and hanged crucified. Ahead of Anna the gates swing open. Beyond them is the gravel path to Golgotha.

crux carry 094.jpg

Anna feels the stones tear at the soles of her feet. Not only has she been denied clothing, the gravel path seems to eat on her bare feet.

c 0057.jpg

Amid the yells from the crowd, Anna plods on towards Golgotha.

The hill is steeper than it looks. I struggle to carry the cross up it. There is no reason to carry it. I will be nailed to it and hang crucified until I am dead. The shouts seem louder as I ascend the hill. Do not these bastards know I am a lady not use to this abuse?

crux carry 040 c.jpg

More than an hour has passed since Anna was given her cross. She stands sweating and exhausted having dragged the wood to Golgotha’s crest. Naked with the cross draped over her shoulder she thinks ‘I’ve made it here. I’m tired and humiliated. Please let my father’s pardon come through.’

crux pose 127 g.jpg

Anna wish is hardly the soldiers’ command…

It is mid-morning on Golgotha. It is a comfortable day for most there but not for Anna. She stands naked before the governor’s guards and the hordes of Jerusalem’s citizens that have come to the hilltop to see the Roman woman be crucified. The magistrate appears before her and coldly says “Anna, you have been sentenced to be crucified and hang from the cross until death. Soldiers, seize this woman and mount her to the cross!”

c 0106.jpg

The guards have never crucified anyone before much less the Roman daughter of Governor Justus, but if crucifying her is the governor’s orders they do not hesitate. They grab Anna and drag her to the cross.

c 0058.jpg

Anna fights their efforts but she is no match for the men bringing to the cross.

c 0107.jpg

They force her onto the cross’s stipe and for a moment she sits unrestrained on the wood.

c 0108.jpg

She looks like a nude goddess until she sees the soldier bearing one of the spikes that will bind her to the cross. The soldiers are trained to guard Governor Justus and while none of them have crucified anyone before, they have witnessed crucifixions before. One grabs Anna by her hair and says “Be a lady and recline one your cross.”

c 0059.jpg

Another soldier lays her down on the cross while another secures her legs.

c 0110.jpg

Anna tries to hide her arm but there are too many men to keep it free.

c 0111.jpg

Despite her protests her body is stretched on the cross.

Last edited:
In a moment filled with pain Anna has never known before, her left wrist is nailed to the cross.

c 0116.jpg

Anna’s protests become moans of agony as her wrist is spiked through and nailed to the wood.

c 0114.jpg

Moments later her right wrist is fixed to the cross.

c 0118.jpg

She lays helplessly attached to the cross while the soldiers scramble for the last spike to fasten her feet.

c 0117.jpg

She lays in a dazed awe with her wrists firmly spiked through attaching them to the crossbar.

c 0115.jpg

But the pain will be far worse as her feet are placed over the stipe. With deadly aim the soldier drives the last spike through her feet and nails them to the cross.
c 0119.jpg

Anna is one with her cross.

c 0120.jpg

Her agony will only grow when they raise her nailed to her cross.

With Anna nailed to her cross the Roman guards began to lift her cross. Their focus was on raising the cross and its crucified prisoner. They have no concern over the discomfort they cause Anna.

c 0121.jpg

She is condemned to die on the cross and any distress they inflicted on Anna is necessary agony she’ll suffer. A pair of guards grab the crossbar, stabilizing the cross for a moment.

c 0123.jpg

The head guard calls for ropes to be added to the cross.
c 0063 a.jpg

The cross has been fashioned as tall structure so Anna will be well displayed to the crowd when she is hanged from the cross but even the guards find it awkwardly heavy with Anna fixed to it. The ropes are attached to the crossbar and the team of soldiers grunt as they work to raise the cross with Anna nailed to it.

c 0122.jpg

The guards laugh at Anna pained groans as her cross is raised and the spikes tear into her limbs. As the cross raises to its erection, Anna looks down the stipe and sees it is being inserted into a hole dug into the dirt of Golgotha. Though she cannot tell how deep the pit is, she screams “Don’t drop the cross in there!”

The guards ignore her pleas and the base of the stipe begins to slide into the hole.

c 0129.jpg

Anna does her best to brace herself as the cross begins to drop into the hole.

1 c wragg d.jpg

The cross falls over a meter into its base and with a loud thump its fall is stopped. Anna’s body falls farther until the spikes in her wrists abruptly breaks her fall. The spikes tear her flesh and only the bones and ligaments keep her attached to the cross. Painfully she hangs from the cross. She struggles to raise her body.

c 0093.jpg

The crowd is pleased to see the Roman governor’s daughter crucified high above them.

ca 0078.jpg

Anna’s suffering has just begun on her slow, painful death.

The cross has been fashioned as tall structure so Anna will be well displayed to the crowd when she is hanged from the cross but even the guards find it awkwardly heavy with Anna fixed to it. The ropes are attached to the crossbar and the team of soldiers grunt as they work to raise the cross with Anna nailed to it.

c 0122.jpg

"Oh Lord, if I am to die naked and suffering on this cross, please make it quick."

Back
Top Bottom