Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
MARILLA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AND TORTURED WITH HOOKS

Gabriel Roman arena 482-1-.jpg

Marilla was a Christian widow who lived in Aquilaeia (Northern Italy). In 317 she was arrested because of her faith. She was asked to abjure, but she refused. So she was crucified and cruelly tortured with iron hooks. In the end she was beheaded.

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator
Staff member
MARILLA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AND TORTURED WITH HOOKS

View attachment 902271

Marilla was a Christian widow who lived in Aquilaeia (Northern Italy). In 317 she was arrested because of her faith. She was asked to abjure, but she refused. So she was crucified and cruelly tortured with iron hooks. In the end she was beheaded.
Intense. :eeek: :babeando:

LittleSiss

Sorceress
There was a time ...

Dreaming of the splendor of the unseen in full display!

The air and sun along the open road.

People walking before me. Doing their daily tasks.

Oh! How I wished that someone would see me!

I am lost and in front of the passing world ... and not a one glances up! And now...
Naked...
Screaming! Shifting! Trembling! Gyrating!
I am as invisible to everyone!

455DB4C9-33C7-45F0-9B8C-28D902D92DB1.jpeg
The Empire lives on before me.

Damian

Magistrate
Nailed and waiting for the rake....
"My smooth, perspiring breasts hang like ripe fruit ready to be plucked. The crowd are roaring for me to suffer more. Seeing the Torturer approaching with the instrument I fear the worst, I scream in terror, twist my trunk helplessly, but nothing can save me from the slow, deliberate tearing of my softest, most sensitive flesh".
(Eulalia)

Attachments

ANASTASIA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AD TORTURED

Gabriel Roman arena 493-1.jpg

Anastasia was a noble Roman woman who had been taught the Christian faith by St. Chrysogonus. She fell victim to the persecution of Emperor Diocletianus in 304.
There are several, widely different versions of her legend.
In some versions of the legend Anastasia's martyrdom took place in Rome or on Sicily. The confusion indicates that here probably two different legends were blended, namely that of the widow who was burned at Sirmium, and that of a follower of Chrysogonus who was crucified, tortured and finally decapitated at Aquileia.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom