Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
Also, since we’re talking crucifixions here, multiple bodies are rather widely distributed, rather than all in a pile.

Attachments

• DFA64A8C-C819-4B02-B3C1-97C3EC63B6FD.jpeg
    DFA64A8C-C819-4B02-B3C1-97C3EC63B6FD.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • F8F43864-2FC9-42BD-A60E-31E4517A1478.jpeg
    F8F43864-2FC9-42BD-A60E-31E4517A1478.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 1,148
REBEL SLAVE TIED TO A CROSS AND SCOURGED TO DEATH

Attachments

• Gabriel Roman arena 455-1-.jpg
    Gabriel Roman arena 455-1-.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,022
MARILLA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AND TORTURED WITH HOOKS

Gabriel Roman arena 482-1-.jpg

Marilla was a Christian widow who lived in Aquilaeia (Northern Italy). In 317 she was arrested because of her faith. She was asked to abjure, but she refused. So she was crucified and cruelly tortured with iron hooks. In the end she was beheaded.

Attachments

• 17--.jpg
    17--.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 725
MARILLA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AND TORTURED WITH HOOKS

View attachment 902271

Marilla was a Christian widow who lived in Aquilaeia (Northern Italy). In 317 she was arrested because of her faith. She was asked to abjure, but she refused. So she was crucified and cruelly tortured with iron hooks. In the end she was beheaded.

Intense. :eeek: :babeando:

There was a time ...

Dreaming of the splendor of the unseen in full display!

The air and sun along the open road.

People walking before me. Doing their daily tasks.

Oh! How I wished that someone would see me!

I am lost and in front of the passing world ... and not a one glances up! And now...
Naked...
Screaming! Shifting! Trembling! Gyrating!
I am as invisible to everyone!

455DB4C9-33C7-45F0-9B8C-28D902D92DB1.jpeg
The Empire lives on before me.

Nailed and waiting for the rake....
"My smooth, perspiring breasts hang like ripe fruit ready to be plucked. The crowd are roaring for me to suffer more. Seeing the Torturer approaching with the instrument I fear the worst, I scream in terror, twist my trunk helplessly, but nothing can save me from the slow, deliberate tearing of my softest, most sensitive flesh".
(Eulalia)

Attachments

• romandecadence892nailed.jpg
    romandecadence892nailed.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 963
ANASTASIA OF AQUILAEIA CRUCIFIED AD TORTURED

Gabriel Roman arena 493-1.jpg

Anastasia was a noble Roman woman who had been taught the Christian faith by St. Chrysogonus. She fell victim to the persecution of Emperor Diocletianus in 304.
There are several, widely different versions of her legend.
In some versions of the legend Anastasia's martyrdom took place in Rome or on Sicily. The confusion indicates that here probably two different legends were blended, namely that of the widow who was burned at Sirmium, and that of a follower of Chrysogonus who was crucified, tortured and finally decapitated at Aquileia.

Attachments

• Anastasia 010-2 crucified nude-cats paw.jpg
    Anastasia 010-2 crucified nude-cats paw.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
PRISCA OF ROME SCOURGED

Gabriel Roman arena 494-1.jpg

Prisca, the daughter of a Roman official, was arrested because of her faith at the age of 18 during the persecution of Emperor Claudius. The emperor's servants did their best to frighten and to torment the girl, but she remained steadfast. She was publicly scourged. An attempt to feed her to lions failed. In the end she was beheaded
Prisca is considered the first female martyr of the Western church.

Attachments

• Prisca mix 001.jpg
    Prisca mix 001.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 638
NOBLE ROMAN MATRONA CONDEMNED TO DIE ON THE CROSS LIKE A SLAVE

Gabriel Roman arena 495-1.jpg

Viviana Longina was a rich Roman matron, wife of Senator Lucius Calpurnius Veppius. Lucius was a very influential and powerful man under Emperor Claudius, but he had many enemies. During a period of economic crisis, Lucius Calpurnius' adversaries convinced the emperor of his treachery and his attempt to replace him with a new emperor. Lucius managed to escape arrest and fled to Spain. The emperor's wrath then turned on his family. All of Lucius' property was confiscated and all of his servants and slaves were killed. Viviana was treated like a slave and condemned to die on the cross.

NOBLE ROMAN MATRONA CONDEMNED TO DIE ON THE CROSS LIKE A SLAVE

View attachment 905612

Viviana Longina was a rich Roman matron, wife of Senator Lucius Calpurnius Veppius. Lucius was a very influential and powerful man under Emperor Claudius, but he had many enemies. During a period of economic crisis, Lucius Calpurnius' adversaries convinced the emperor of his treachery and his attempt to replace him with a new emperor. Lucius managed to escape arrest and fled to Spain. The emperor's wrath then turned on his family. All of Lucius' property was confiscated and all of his servants and slaves were killed. Viviana was treated like a slave and condemned to die on the cross.
Very nice artwork :clapping:

PRUDENTIA OF ROME TORTURED WITH TORCHES

Gabriel Roman arena 496-1.jpg

Prudentia was a woman living in Rome, maybe a slave. She was condemned to die as a Christian rebel with two other women: Juliana and Carinthia. According to the tradition, Prudentia was tied to a pole and harshly tortures with flaming torches until she died.
Prudentia's grave was discovered in 1672 in Rome. Her memorial day is July 3rd or 4th.

Attachments

• Prudenzia mix 01.jpg
    Prudenzia mix 01.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 611
Back
Top Bottom