Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
And today some pictures from Dublin Castle
What it is about can be seen from the file names
The building served as a military fortress, a prison, a treasury and courts of law. For 700 years, from 1204 until independence, it was the seat of English (and then British) rule in Ireland.
In 1204, King John ordered the construction of a mighty stone castle in place of the Vikings' wooden castle.
Right next to Dublin Castle is the small Dubh Linn Garden. It roughly marks the spot where the Vikings could moor their longboats, and from which the town got its current name: the Irish "Dubh Linn" means "black pool".

Facade-of-Dublin-Castle.jpg St-Patricks-Hall.jpg Dublin-Castle-throne-room.jpg Dublin-Castle-State-Drawing-Room.jpg Dublin-Castle-Chapel.jpg

Some of the impressive over 8000 m high mountain massifs from the Himalayas.
View attachment 1254680 The Annapurna
View attachment 1254681 The K2
View attachment 1254682 The Lhotse
View attachment 1254683 Also interesting hills and valleys
View attachment 1254684 Woman with owl
#1 is Machapuchare, a sacred mountain for Nepalese people.
Annapurna is about 15km further west.
I was in the area more than 30 years ago (and that doesn't make me any younger...!)
Nice pictures though !

#1: What is that? Some kind of mediaeval torture device? 'You stay out there until you confess!' ???

I confess! :boaa:

1669686504271.pngJABAL AL-ARBAEEN – (جبل الأربعين) with DALE CORAZON-LEBANON EXPLORERS

It's one of those 'stationary thrill ride' observation structures that seem to be popular with people who aren't blessed with acrophobia. To make it it even more 'fun', many of them have glass floors. :rolleyes:

And for the record, I would confess before even walking out there.

TFP_8328-700x467.jpg
Working on a high-voltage line without switching off the voltage. If this is done correctly, nothing can happen to anyone. Since I used to work on high-voltage systems myself, I know a bit about it.

Back
Top Bottom