Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
WOW!
I'm absolutely loving her!
Any idea who she is?
Agree!!! She has that look!!!
1306934-2ebf13a55d70617c74ec9c9a8d192ba0.jpg

Sorry my friends, but I was so distracted at the time that I forgot to get her name and number. :D

WOW!
I'm absolutely loving her!
Any idea who she is?
Agree!!! She has that look!!!
1306934-2ebf13a55d70617c74ec9c9a8d192ba0.jpg

Sorry my friends, but I was so distracted at the time that I forgot to get her name and number. :D
Katharina is the name of this model. She works extensively with photographer Thomas Kruse and there are lots of pictures of her in his DeviantArt gallery. Kruse originally presented her in the name, 'Emelie', and she has worked with other photographers, using the name, 'Chameleon'. Many of her sessions with Kruse took place in Bremen, which is probably her home town. :)
https://www.deviantart.com/photographythomaskru/gallery/67171720/katharina

Katharina is the name of this model. She works extensively with photographer Thomas Kruse and there are lots of pictures of her in his DeviantArt gallery. Kruse originally presented her in the name, 'Emelie', and she has worked with other photographers, using the name, 'Chameleon'. Many of her sessions with Kruse took place in Bremen, which is probably her home town. :)

Yep, I found that photo on DA in another gallery. Thanks for the id.

I love the look of those old classic American cars with all the chrome tailfins and sleek lights. Nowadays every car looks almost identical and boring, with no character at all :(

I lament the awful lack of imagination of today's designers. Back in the 50s and 60s, there were so many fabulous design ideas floating around which were exciting and inspiring, unlike today's lookalike parade.

Here's a few nice looking designs from the past, starting with the Lincoln Futura, which became famous for being the basis of the original 1960s Batmobile
Futura1-1024x720.jpg

Even better looking than this was the Ford Atmos concept car...
fordatmos.jpg

Not everything that Ford came up with was perfectly thought out though - the Ford Nucleon concept from the late 50s looked really cool, but that weird round thing in the back is a nuclear reactor. Yeah, Ford thought that everybody would be driving around in their own personal Chernobyl - what could possibly go wrong?
crop;jpeg_quality=60.jpeg

The Plymouth Voyager was a strange one, effectively being two cars in one, with retractable wheels behind that off panel in the middle. It would make an awesome camper though - I could easily fit a kingsize bed in the back of this thing :)
plymouth_voyager_iii_concept_6.jpg

And finally, my own favorite - the Ferrari Modulo, in my opinion the most beautiful car ever designed. Only one was ever built, for the 1970 motor show, and is now owned by a private collector
ferrari-512s-modulo-1970-front.jpeg

Of ourse these were all concept cars and never made it into production, which I think is a real shame - with the possible exception of the Nucleon of course - nobody wants to see Barb driving around in one of those things :eek:

She has a lovely stare

I love the look of those old classic American cars with all the chrome tailfins and sleek lights. Nowadays every car looks almost identical and boring, with no character at all :(

I lament the awful lack of imagination of today's designers. Back in the 50s and 60s, there were so many fabulous design ideas floating around which were exciting and inspiring, unlike today's lookalike parade.

Here's a few nice looking designs from the past, starting with the Lincoln Futura, which became famous for being the basis of the original 1960s Batmobile
View attachment 1309514

Even better looking than this was the Ford Atmos concept car...
View attachment 1309513

Not everything that Ford came up with was perfectly thought out though - the Ford Nucleon concept from the late 50s looked really cool, but that weird round thing in the back is a nuclear reactor. Yeah, Ford thought that everybody would be driving around in their own personal Chernobyl - what could possibly go wrong?
View attachment 1309508

The Plymouth Voyager was a strange one, effectively being two cars in one, with retractable wheels behind that off panel in the middle. It would make an awesome camper though - I could easily fit a kingsize bed in the back of this thing :)
View attachment 1309515

And finally, my own favorite - the Ferrari Modulo, in my opinion the most beautiful car ever designed. Only one was ever built, for the 1970 motor show, and is now owned by a private collector
View attachment 1309509

Of ourse these were all concept cars and never made it into production, which I think is a real shame - with the possible exception of the Nucleon of course - nobody wants to see Barb driving around in one of those things :eek:
I watch mecum auction on motor sports tv and I agree cars today are boring,

@Barbaria1 +
1307359-ba416f6d33b2983d0e71af8e42c2e3fc.jpg
= 51XX+NhcRDL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Very much reminds me of the 'Duck and Cover' drills we did in grade school in the 50's :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom