Sentence Negotiation

Go to CruxDreams.com
J

Juan1234

"Ellie Ruck, you have been found guilty of treason. Please rise for sentencing."

Ellie was quickly on her feet, nervously smoothing her long beige coat and black skirt after breifly catching her balance on in her heels. Her forehead was moist and her dark eyes moved constantly.

"Ms. Ruck," the judge intoned, "It is my pleasure today to sentence you to death." It wasn't unexpected, and the courtroom remained silent, but even so, Ellie's eyes blinked as if startled by a loud noise, and a tear fell as she swallowed.

"Specifically, I condemn you to the following preliminary sentence, subject to negotiation: First, at 10:00a.m. on Saturday, June 12 of this year, I order you to be stripped from the waiste upward and whipped at a puiblic whipping post. You shall receive fifty lashes upon the bare back using a standard leather whip. Following this, I order you to be crucified in a highly trafficked area of a city park as shall be designated by the court. As you walk to the aforesaid park, you may wear a garment to cover your nipples, but shall otherwise remain exposed above the waist. Imediately before being crucified, I order you to be stripped down to your underwear: that is, to such garments as are necessary to cover your genitals, your nipples, your anus, and as much of your buttocks as the court shall deem reasonable. You shall be stripped of any and all other garment, footwear, or jewelry. You shall be nailed to your cross using four standard crucifixion nails driven through your wrists and feet. Your cross shall have a standard sedile fastened at the level of your buttocks. Your cross shall have no footrest. You shall not be provided with other means of death. You shall be considered dead when so declared by a physician. Once you have been declared dead, I order your body to remain displayed on the cross for twelve hours, after which time it shall be disposed of in the Field of Traitors. This conclludes the preliminary sentence. We will now take a fifteen minute recess and commence negotiations."

Ellie sat down, heart pounding after hearing what she had known she would hear, as the courtroom got noisy with conversation and milling. Her lawyer, Alice, had a hand on her knee: "Doing ok, Hun?" The fifty-something woman with short reddish hair questioned her with her eyes through her granny glasses. Ellie shrugged, eyebrows rising, wet eyes staring ahead. "Ok - well we knew this is where it was going, so now we'll see if we can soften it a little, ok?" Ellie nodded. "The judge gave us a little to work with. The prosecution will want the execution to be much sooner than six weeks, and they'll want you naked. I'll see if we can get the seat removed or maybe a GD clause if we give a little on those points."

"GD?"

"Guaranteed death. I'm hoping we can do gunshot GD after 72 hours. Maybe even 48. It partly depends on what you're willing to concede. SO! Let's talk about a few things. I assume you're wiling to do it naked if it will reduce your cross time?"

"I guess..."

"Yeah - you really should. That one is a slam dunk. It matters to them - they want you naked so they can show off and attract new clients. But you're really not going to care when you've been hanging for six hours."
Ellie didn't ask how she could know that.

"Ok - now, timing. I know you probably want a little time, but how soon would you be willing to go ahead and do this?"
Ellie put her face in her hands. Alice patter her back softly. "I know this is hard, Hun," she said, "But we only have fifteen minutes to prepare for the negotiation, so we really need to stay on track. Timing is probably the biggest thing they're going to be after. I mean - If you agreed to let them strip you naked and you wanted to go ahead and hop on the cross tomorrow, just between those two, we could probably get you a really decent GD clause."

"Can't we appeal?" Ellie was wiping her eyes, and her voice came through a stuffy nose.

"Well, we CAN, it's just not very likely to do anything for you. But we can talk about it afterward."

"But if we agree to let them execute me tomorrow, there won't be time to appeal, right?"

"True... It's just - I mean, you did it, right? You were there handing out the leaflets. They have four witnesses who saw you. I can't see an appeal doing much for you."

(To be continued...)

Perhaps the court would be more willing to concede to a guaranteed death clause if it happened by a more painful method like leg breaking or heart-stabbing? Love the story so far, that judge sure does love going into lurid description! Hopefully Ellie can secure a plea bargain that ensures she’ll be given water for her thirst, or maybe a small concession like leaving her hair up.

While I remain curious as to the crimes and trial that led to the inevitable guilty verdict and am wondering about what her sentence ultimately will be, forcing the condemned convict to collaborate with the court and prosecutor in planning her own forthcoming execution is a delightfully morbid concept. Your brief tale is excellent.

I love this story, can't wait to read what happens next :)

OMG, what a way to add too her punishment, I can only imagine having to make such choices ,it gave me a shiver when i read it !!!!!!!!!! No matter what she does it will only add to the shame and humiliation !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom