September 11 - Taryn

Go to CruxDreams.com
Amazing that even most children in high school weren't born when this happened!

It is scary

I first encountered the Yahoo crux group the following March, when the memory of the Twin Towers and Taryn were still fresh wounds in everyone’s hearts.

I asked Taryn who? This is the picture they posted.

RIP Taryn though we've never met. It would've been an honour.

She was great fun, Taryn, both in the public forum and in private messages. I'm sorry that you never got to meet her.
That day was a double shock. First, emerging from a rather odd meeting at work to find the twin towers both on fire. Later, hearing the news about Taryn. A great shock.

It's the afternoon of 11th September here in Oz

Here we are, 20 years on and a whole lot of history between then and now. I get confused about timing because it happened in New York, I was at work in London at the time, and I now live in Australia. It must have been around 11pm here, but I had just emerged from a meeting to hear the news of the first tower. Quite a shock.

Even more of a shock to hear about Taryn, who I had been role playing with just a few days prior. We who knew her will never forget her.

I created the original of this manip ph123 to mark the 10th anniversary. Here is a modification to mark the 20th.
phtaryn_20years.jpg

and a few more images from the 10th anniversary by other members.
But Not Forgotten.....jpgTaryn Remembered 2011.jpgTaryn The Twin Towers.jpg

I would be one of the bearers of that cross as she goes to her final crucifixion
0017-crosscarry.jpg

My experiences with November 9th, 2001
Now, after 20 years, I am finally able to report on it. I lost a good friend that day. She was 5 years younger than me, a dark-skinned Latina and her name was Katie Messa. We met in 2000 during my vacation in Ireland. We met again in Ireland in July 2001. She lived in Nassau / Long Island and worked as a secretary in the east of the Twin Towers.
And then 9/11 shock, attempts to call, she could not be reached. Calls to Nassau County Police Department, not until 11/16. got through, no information. A week later I found it on the victim page on the Internet. Your name was listed, status: "Missing"! Searches made at the American Red Cross and even the German Red Cross. Phoned the Nassau police every day for the next 6 months. She is missing. Then nobody was allowed to enter the United States - I couldn't even go there.
Since then I have only really understood what some old women in the village had meant, whose husbands were missing in the war: “Missing is worse than dead, when someone is dead you have a place to mourn, when someone is missing there is only uncertainty ".
On my side, endless sadness and endless anger that took a long time to subside.
I can only describe my feelings back then like the quote from the Old Testament:
“Part of a legal sentence from the Old Testament of the Bible:“ If permanent damage occurs, you should give life for life, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, brand for burn, lump for lump, wound for wound. "(Exodus 21: 23-25)".
Rest in peace dear Katie, wherever your remains are, I still miss you.

Was the (Comic)-story of Taryn ever been completed? I starred at the pictures on 9-11 year by year and have to say: If so called islamic religious people killed innocents day by day over the world, we don´t need such a religion. That´s terrorism pure, no discussion at all. We need freedom, respect and peace for all humankind.

Attachments

• 0017-crosscarry.jpg
    0017-crosscarry.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 97
  • The lost, lovely Taryn.jpeg
    The lost, lovely Taryn.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 123
Was the (Comic)-story of Taryn ever been completed? I starred at the pictures on 9-11 year by year and have to say: If so called islamic religious people killed innocents day by day over the world, we don´t need such a religion. That´s terrorism pure, no discussion at all. We need freedom, respect and peace for all humankind.
@phlebas reproduced most if not all of the set here:

I am so very sorry you had such a personal connection to that tragety.
I did not. In March 2002 I was a stressed out post-9/11 New Yorker who googled "crucified women" for reasons that still elude me, and in this wise stumbled onto the Yahoo Crux community.

Phlebas, Jedakk and others who knew Taryn were still in shock and mourning. I heard LOTS about her. And bearing in mind her mind-numbingly hideous death, I think I may have been lucky not to have been one of her friends.

I did not. In March 2002 I was a stressed out post-9/11 New Yorker who googled "crucified women" for reasons that still elude me, and in this wise stumbled onto the Yahoo Crux community.

Phlebas, Jedakk and others who knew Taryn were still in shock and mourning. I heard LOTS about her. And bearing in mind her mind-numbingly hideous death, I think I may have been lucky not to have been one of her friends.
To all those who did know her, I am sorry for your loss.

At least she guided you, if indirectly, to this place, so there is that to remember.

Back
Top Bottom