I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy
Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see
My eyes if you can
Then my hair's too short

Down to here
Down to there
I want hair
Down to where
It stops by itself

They'll be ga ga at the go go
When they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond
Brilliantined
Biblical hair

My hair like Jesus wore it
Hallelujah I adore it
Hallelujah Mary loved her son
Why don't my mother love me?

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair

Last edited:
I will admit that long hair on a woman is not a deal breaker. In fact I love some women with long hair. However it seems that the media is pushing long hair on women as the beauty standard. For instance, when was the last time a beauty contest winner had short hair?

I will admit that long hair on a woman is not a deal breaker. In fact I love some women with long hair. However it seems that the media is pushing long hair on women as the beauty standard. For instance, when was the last time a beauty contest winner had short hair?
I am afraid we have to take into account that women are having longer hair than men by nature and there is always this talking about "natural beauty" in contests and so ...

;):eek:

Khalsa (observant) Sikhs of either sex never cut or shave any of their hair, and indeed the men's hair can grow almost as long as the women's - it's of course tied up in a bun and covered with a turban. There's a good photo of a Sikh Sardarji in deshabille here:

I think I read something that Ms. Emma Watson grew her hair longer after her pixie cut because the people who cast movies wanted her to be longer haired. Have these people ever heard of wigs? Hollywood does have a supply of them to put on short haired women.

By the way, I sometimes would really like to know what is the decisive influence for preferring a special type of a possible sexual partner.

I had really good girl-friends but strangely, they never were the type of my ideal in my subconsciousness. My problem is a bit similar like in an old joke, in which a man always tells his school-friends:
"I will wait until I find the absolutely perfect woman of my dreams!"
One decade later, they all meet again in a class reunion and he is one of the few who is still coming alone. His old friends ask him:
"Did you find the ideal and perfect woman of your dreams?"
"Yes!", he says in a sad tone.
"And why is she not here?"
"She is still looking for the absolutely perfect man of her dreams!"
:facepalm:

In this sense, our culture probably makes the mistake to imprint on us special ideas of beauty which do not really exist, but we cannot get these ideals any more out of our subconciousness and this probably can make us "unhappy".
You will probably not believe it but I found a German girl last year who looks similar to a "Playboy"-picture which possibly imprinted the ideal of a woman into my subconsiousness for my life:

beauty1.jpg ... and unfortunately, she is young, extremely friendly and beautiful like in this picture.

She thinks she has found the absolutely perfect man of her dreams ... and it is not me!

Maybe, I have waited all my life for a woman like this and now there are 30 years between us! :(:eek::facepalm:

OK, but life goes on and even people like Goethe or Casanova once had similar problems with much younger girls ... so at least I'm in good company. ;)

Why, in your opinion, is long hair on women automatically beautiful and virtuous on women? It's not to me.
That would be the different likes and dislikes from different individuals. You like what you like, and others may not like the same things you do. It's what keeps us interesting.
I don't consider long hair on a woman as being virtuous, or as defining any of her personal characteristics, at all. To me she is wearing her hair the way she likes it, and there could be various reasons for the style and length she chooses.... it could be for her appearance and attractiveness, or for more practical reasons such daily care or perhaps job requirements or other physical activities. Your posts seem to suggest that women in general would prefer short hair, but keep it long because of outside influences and pressures. I very much doubt that's the case.
My late wife had neck length hair, and I asked her one time if she would let it grow longer if I asked her to. Her reply was " No....I love you, but not that much".
I have 5 sisters, and I know for a fact they all would have answered that request the same way.
So my point is, you aren't giving them credit for making their own choices.

Not automatically, but it certainly follows. It takes effort, planning, and discipline, you must be conscientious. You have to keep it clean and healthy. Those are all virtuous. As for beautiful, yeah, that’s up to you. But frankly, shaving heads of beautiful woman has been used as a traumatic punishment. Even if you like it, I hate it, deeply. It’s damn near a phobia for me
For me, medium length hair (a few inches below the top of the shoulders) is the most attractive. To my eye the longer hair accents the beauty she already has, and makes her even more so. It's a matter of aesthetics for me, but I always respect a woman's choice of how she wants it. After all it's her body, and she's the one who has to maintain it, and I appreciate everything that women do to be the beautiful creatures that they are.
I don't like very short haircuts on a woman, because it distracts from their beauty a bit too much. But again, her choice.
I detest a bald head on a woman.... period. I hate it so much i wouldn't even do it for a punishment.
I have limits for long hair too. It's a bit too long if below the shoulder blades, but that's just my preference.

Last edited:
A favourite of mine, Diana:

LK 06.jpg

I’ve always had long hair. As said previously above, long hair offers a lot of different styling options depending on activity and the need to get the right look for the right occasion. The main drawback is dealing with those damned snarls and tangles.
Snarls and tangles. Bit of a feature of your life, Barb!

To give an example of the preponderance of long-haired women, in country music videos at least, here we have a Trace Adkin's video from this year. I see that all the female dancers, or at least almost all, had long hair, some with curly hair. Not one pixie-cut woman in Daisy Dukes shorts in sight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom