Site Slow - Site down - Technical Problems

Go to CruxDreams.com
Is there anyone who can explain why in the last three or four days this site (and only this) is unbearably SLOW?
My connection is pretty fast with all the other sites. I need five minutes to open a single picture.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

They were messing with the servers a few days ago, so maybe that has something to do with it. Seems to be running pretty well here at the moment so hopefully it's only a temporary issue

Is there anyone who can explain why in the last three or four days this site (and only this) is unbearably SLOW?
My connection is pretty fast with all the other sites. I need five minutes to open a single picture.
Can anyone suggest a solution?
As Darkprincess says, this announcement may well explain:

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/server-upgrade.5500/

Our site is, at peak times, working close to capacity, and when that happens,
it does run slow. The upgrade should help.

One way you could help, Michele, would be to post your images
(very fine, but very demanding on site capacity) as thumbnails,
not full-size. As well as helping the site to work efficiently,
that would save ImageMaker extra charges (which we incur if we exceed limits),
and it encourages visitors to register as they can't view thumbnails unless they do!

When I finally logged in, I saw that no one else had posted anything in a while. I wondered if everyone else was locked out as well.

Was the site down for a few hours? I couldn't log in.

I've had problems, but they were intermittent...

This happened the other day, too - I'd like to know if it's going to keep doing so.

When I finally logged in, I saw that no one else had posted anything in a while. I wondered if everyone else was locked out as well.

Good to hear that

Today has been the only problem I have experienced. Was everybody locked out the same time I was?

I think so. Couldn't log in for some hours
Yes it was down for several hours today and yesterday too. Don’t know why but seems fine now.

Back
Top Bottom