SIXTY YEARS AGO.

Go to CruxDreams.com
For the record, I finally decided to post this on this forum. I flatly refused, and Silvia, my partner, also agreed, but she and I finally gave in, since a certain sad event is approaching. The temptation has been with us and there it goes for all of you, and maybe some of you already knew it, but anyway here it goes...

SECRET LETTER TO TRUMAN CAPOTE

Translation of the article of the newspaper EL ESPAÑOL of the autonomous community of Catalonia. (everyone who gives her opinion and is free to express it, but for me everything is clear)

The enigmatic letter that Marilyn sent Truman Capote to Palamós 11 days before she was found dead
The Catalan collector and Marilyn expert Frederic Cabanas publishes in a book a presumably unpublished letter in which the blond myth speaks of his love for Kennedy and his bad omens.

Marilyn Monroe and Truman Capote, close friends, extravagant souls - inside and out; close, both, of beauty and vital horror. Marilyn and Truman, gazing at the Brooklyn Bridge from the shore of Manhattan, on any given afternoon, when she snapped at him: "If they ever asked you what I was like, what Marilyn was really like, what would you answer?" The writer remembered the mischievous tone of her injured friend. "Surely you would say she was a hick," he continued prodding.
"Of course," she winked. "But I would say more things." And her tone grew worse.
“The light was going. Marilyn seemed to vanish with her, blend into the sky and clouds, dissolve into the distance. I wanted to raise my voice above the cries of the seagulls and call her back: Marilyn! Why did it all have to end like this, Marilyn? Why? Why does life have to be so terrible? Then something brought him back to the present moment, but he kept babbling, "I'd say…". Marilyn told him she couldn't hear him. “I would say that you are an adorable creature”: this is how she detailed it in Adorable Creature, a story about Marilyn included in Portraits (Anagrama, 2001). This is how the father of Other voices, other areas and In Cold Blood defined her brother, her accomplice, her dance partner, extremely fragile, luminous, condemned to pain.

But there is more: in their endless conversation, full of confessions and secrets, there was a message from Marilyn that Truman never got, or so says the collector and plastic artist Frederic Cabanas. It is an unpublished letter that he has in his possession today, in which the actress reveals to the writer that she fears for her life ... eleven days before she died, on July 25, 1962, and that presumably would shed light on the end of the star.
According to these lines, as we will see later, the hypothesis that the young woman did not die from an overdose, but from a kind of political conspiracy towards her after her affair with the Kennedy brothers, gains strength. Do you remember all that? "That unfinished investigation, all the conspiracies, the maid, the representative, the little betrayals, the intermingled powers."
Marilyn Expert
Cabanas is an expert on Marilyn Monroe, a man who has spent his entire life studying her figure and who has developed an elaborate collection around the myth: from more than 2,400 books about her to the gloves she wore in The Knights Prefer Blondes to a exact reproduction of Marilyn's handprints worn at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
All these jewels have been exhibited in a plant dedicated to the great blonde at her foundation, the Fundació Cabanas de Sant Cugat, good proof of her devotion. But the definitive piece, without a doubt, would be the letter, with which he came across six years ago: now he has published it in book format, after an investigation in which he provides context to each textual reference and claims to prove its origin - because, for True, it is typewritten, signed with 'MM', and only at the end of the letter does Marilyn's name appear by hand.
I am writing you this letter in a true state of despair," begins Capote's confession. Later, he tells that he feels "like the fly in the middle of the web: around me there are big spiders, waiting to tear me apart, threatening me ...". She also talks about her fascination for the then US president: “When I met him, I was absolutely shocked by his charisma and we fell in love. He has told me many times that he wants to marry me. I make him laugh and forget his problems ”, he launches. “I love him very much and he is happy with me. His wife is nothing more than an object that gives him prestige, but she is cold, anodyne and boring ”.

The content of the letter
"I remember the time I spent with him when his wife was in India in March of this year (...) She already knew about our relationship, we had faced it and I was not afraid," he reveals, but also threatens. “I have proof of my love with Jack that I will not hesitate to show everyone if this way we can be happier… so that she, like me, can be released from the prison of her life. And mine ”.
Remember that “the world discourages me, but I insist”: “I will fight to make the person who matters most to me happy once and for all, and for my happiness. The dream that I have never been able to achieve now is closer than ever ”. Almost nothing. It also indicates feeling "manipulated" and "monitored." She says that many people protect Jack, but only "those who admire her" help her, but that they "can't save her."
She talks about guys in Kennedy's circle who don't trust her. He talks about James Angleton, Cord Meyer - they both worked for the US secret services - and his wife Mary Pinchot, their "foreign operations" and people she "doesn't know" or "doesn't want to know." The black cloud was approaching.
She also speaks of her anguish and peripheral elements of it, such as the existence of a cursed number that does not even dare to write. She is fragile and doubtful about the future and her own life: "Who knows what tomorrow will bring us, I'm afraid, I'm afraid of the worst," she writes to Truman, and tells him that she awaits his "brother's advice", that wants and that he has always helped her "unconditionally". She warns her that she does not feel "safe" about sending the letter and that she fears that it will be intercepted -for that same sense of vigilance that she was carrying-, so she slipped it into the case of a Montblanc that, apparently, he had left him long ago.
But how did this document get to Cabanas and how did the story develop until its publication? Have you passed enough filters? Judge for yourself: “It's one of those things that collides and makes you laugh. Years ago I received a phone call from another Marilyn follower, who had located me from books I had written about her and from my fame as a collector in this regard. She calls me to tell me that she has a Montblanc pen box and that she has found a letter with Marilyn's signature there, ”she says. The letter would have been hidden for 60 years, since it was written.

“I tell everything in the book. The owner of the letter, who still is, by the way - because he has not sold it to me, but he has given it -, calls me to confirm if it is authentic, and since then six years have passed where we have done all the pertinent investigations. In the first place, I already knew at first that it was authentic, for everything: for the signature, for what it says, for how it says it, for how it is written. But, obviously, with regard to the book, he has passed two independent graphology checks that agree that it is his, "he says on the phone.
The harbinger of her death
Cabanas lives this letter as a kind of “memoir” of the actress: “She makes it clear that she has the omen that something bad is going to happen and she wants to tell everything to her friend Truman Capote. She is suffering because in her environment things are not going as they should. It is a letter of relief, aid ”, she details. “At the beginning, with such an important document in hand, I had the doubt of whether I should publish it or not, because it is an intimate, confidential letter, but I have invested my whole life in following the artist's wake and no one was to treat with more affection than me ”.
He explains that in this letter "the death of Marilyn is directly related to Kennedy": "We know without a doubt that his was a murder, regarding her we always had the suspicion, but this letter suggests that it is. She comes to confirm that she was in the hands of the very ones who killed her, Keneddy's environment, who stalked her. In addition, it also gives clues about what a year later would be the assassination of the president, as some scholars of her death have endorsed in the same prologue to the book.
But how does this letter, written in the US, get to Spain? “Because Truman Capote, that summer, when Marilyn sent him the letter, he was in Palamós. Everything indicates that it is true but the letter never reaches her hands. If it had come, he would never have written what he wrote about Marilyn after her death or in the interviews he did about it. "
Marilyn will always be a mystery. A suffocation. A constant exhibition that, paradoxically, never allows us to see its background. The playwright Arthur Miller, her husband from 1956 to 1961, masterfully summed it up in his memoir Vueltas al tiempo: "To have survived, she would have had to be much more cynical or have been much further from reality than she was. But no, she was a poet in a corner trying to recite in a crowd that ripped off her clothes. "

----------

Attachments

• 117872225_890736164788316_7884971930241991603_n.jpg
    117872225_890736164788316_7884971930241991603_n.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 14
For the record, I finally decided to post this on this forum. I flatly refused, and Silvia, my partner, also agreed, but she and I finally gave in, since a certain sad event is approaching. The temptation has been with us and there it goes for all of you, and maybe some of you already knew it, but anyway here it goes...

SECRET LETTER TO TRUMAN CAPOTE

Translation of the article of the newspaper EL ESPAÑOL of the autonomous community of Catalonia. (everyone who gives her opinion and is free to express it, but for me everything is clear)

The enigmatic letter that Marilyn sent Truman Capote to Palamós 11 days before she was found dead
The Catalan collector and Marilyn expert Frederic Cabanas publishes in a book a presumably unpublished letter in which the blond myth speaks of his love for Kennedy and his bad omens.

Marilyn Monroe and Truman Capote, close friends, extravagant souls - inside and out; close, both, of beauty and vital horror. Marilyn and Truman, gazing at the Brooklyn Bridge from the shore of Manhattan, on any given afternoon, when she snapped at him: "If they ever asked you what I was like, what Marilyn was really like, what would you answer?" The writer remembered the mischievous tone of her injured friend. "Surely you would say she was a hick," he continued prodding.
"Of course," she winked. "But I would say more things." And her tone grew worse.
“The light was going. Marilyn seemed to vanish with her, blend into the sky and clouds, dissolve into the distance. I wanted to raise my voice above the cries of the seagulls and call her back: Marilyn! Why did it all have to end like this, Marilyn? Why? Why does life have to be so terrible? Then something brought him back to the present moment, but he kept babbling, "I'd say…". Marilyn told him she couldn't hear him. “I would say that you are an adorable creature”: this is how she detailed it in Adorable Creature, a story about Marilyn included in Portraits (Anagrama, 2001). This is how the father of Other voices, other areas and In Cold Blood defined her brother, her accomplice, her dance partner, extremely fragile, luminous, condemned to pain.

But there is more: in their endless conversation, full of confessions and secrets, there was a message from Marilyn that Truman never got, or so says the collector and plastic artist Frederic Cabanas. It is an unpublished letter that he has in his possession today, in which the actress reveals to the writer that she fears for her life ... eleven days before she died, on July 25, 1962, and that presumably would shed light on the end of the star.
According to these lines, as we will see later, the hypothesis that the young woman did not die from an overdose, but from a kind of political conspiracy towards her after her affair with the Kennedy brothers, gains strength. Do you remember all that? "That unfinished investigation, all the conspiracies, the maid, the representative, the little betrayals, the intermingled powers."
Marilyn Expert
Cabanas is an expert on Marilyn Monroe, a man who has spent his entire life studying her figure and who has developed an elaborate collection around the myth: from more than 2,400 books about her to the gloves she wore in The Knights Prefer Blondes to a exact reproduction of Marilyn's handprints worn at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
All these jewels have been exhibited in a plant dedicated to the great blonde at her foundation, the Fundació Cabanas de Sant Cugat, good proof of her devotion. But the definitive piece, without a doubt, would be the letter, with which he came across six years ago: now he has published it in book format, after an investigation in which he provides context to each textual reference and claims to prove its origin - because, for True, it is typewritten, signed with 'MM', and only at the end of the letter does Marilyn's name appear by hand.
I am writing you this letter in a true state of despair," begins Capote's confession. Later, he tells that he feels "like the fly in the middle of the web: around me there are big spiders, waiting to tear me apart, threatening me ...". She also talks about her fascination for the then US president: “When I met him, I was absolutely shocked by his charisma and we fell in love. He has told me many times that he wants to marry me. I make him laugh and forget his problems ”, he launches. “I love him very much and he is happy with me. His wife is nothing more than an object that gives him prestige, but she is cold, anodyne and boring ”.

The content of the letter
"I remember the time I spent with him when his wife was in India in March of this year (...) She already knew about our relationship, we had faced it and I was not afraid," he reveals, but also threatens. “I have proof of my love with Jack that I will not hesitate to show everyone if this way we can be happier… so that she, like me, can be released from the prison of her life. And mine ”.
Remember that “the world discourages me, but I insist”: “I will fight to make the person who matters most to me happy once and for all, and for my happiness. The dream that I have never been able to achieve now is closer than ever ”. Almost nothing. It also indicates feeling "manipulated" and "monitored." She says that many people protect Jack, but only "those who admire her" help her, but that they "can't save her."
She talks about guys in Kennedy's circle who don't trust her. He talks about James Angleton, Cord Meyer - they both worked for the US secret services - and his wife Mary Pinchot, their "foreign operations" and people she "doesn't know" or "doesn't want to know." The black cloud was approaching.
She also speaks of her anguish and peripheral elements of it, such as the existence of a cursed number that does not even dare to write. She is fragile and doubtful about the future and her own life: "Who knows what tomorrow will bring us, I'm afraid, I'm afraid of the worst," she writes to Truman, and tells him that she awaits his "brother's advice", that wants and that he has always helped her "unconditionally". She warns her that she does not feel "safe" about sending the letter and that she fears that it will be intercepted -for that same sense of vigilance that she was carrying-, so she slipped it into the case of a Montblanc that, apparently, he had left him long ago.
But how did this document get to Cabanas and how did the story develop until its publication? Have you passed enough filters? Judge for yourself: “It's one of those things that collides and makes you laugh. Years ago I received a phone call from another Marilyn follower, who had located me from books I had written about her and from my fame as a collector in this regard. She calls me to tell me that she has a Montblanc pen box and that she has found a letter with Marilyn's signature there, ”she says. The letter would have been hidden for 60 years, since it was written.

“I tell everything in the book. The owner of the letter, who still is, by the way - because he has not sold it to me, but he has given it -, calls me to confirm if it is authentic, and since then six years have passed where we have done all the pertinent investigations. In the first place, I already knew at first that it was authentic, for everything: for the signature, for what it says, for how it says it, for how it is written. But, obviously, with regard to the book, he has passed two independent graphology checks that agree that it is his, "he says on the phone.
The harbinger of her death
Cabanas lives this letter as a kind of “memoir” of the actress: “She makes it clear that she has the omen that something bad is going to happen and she wants to tell everything to her friend Truman Capote. She is suffering because in her environment things are not going as they should. It is a letter of relief, aid ”, she details. “At the beginning, with such an important document in hand, I had the doubt of whether I should publish it or not, because it is an intimate, confidential letter, but I have invested my whole life in following the artist's wake and no one was to treat with more affection than me ”.
He explains that in this letter "the death of Marilyn is directly related to Kennedy": "We know without a doubt that his was a murder, regarding her we always had the suspicion, but this letter suggests that it is. She comes to confirm that she was in the hands of the very ones who killed her, Keneddy's environment, who stalked her. In addition, it also gives clues about what a year later would be the assassination of the president, as some scholars of her death have endorsed in the same prologue to the book.
But how does this letter, written in the US, get to Spain? “Because Truman Capote, that summer, when Marilyn sent him the letter, he was in Palamós. Everything indicates that it is true but the letter never reaches her hands. If it had come, he would never have written what he wrote about Marilyn after her death or in the interviews he did about it. "
Marilyn will always be a mystery. A suffocation. A constant exhibition that, paradoxically, never allows us to see its background. The playwright Arthur Miller, her husband from 1956 to 1961, masterfully summed it up in his memoir Vueltas al tiempo: "To have survived, she would have had to be much more cynical or have been much further from reality than she was. But no, she was a poet in a corner trying to recite in a crowd that ripped off her clothes. "

----------
A very interesting post, I like it. I didn't know that until now. But I've read several of Truman Capote's books and I like his writing style.

Some considerations that come from all this, using the methods of Holmes and in general anyone who is a little more deductive:

1- It follows that she knew that her telephone numbers, mail... could not be trusted, and therefore she would go to a neighbor's house with a typewriter to write it. (The typing is heard in the hidden microphones). In the house, after her death, no typewriter was found, and besides, it was half-furnished.
2- The letter hidden in a Montblanc fountain pen. Truman Capote would have wondered, why return the Montblanc to me, if it is a gift, and on top of that it is expensive? And of course the fountain pen would have been returned to him at a party and hand-delivered to him, and that too would have seemed strange. You have to remember that Capote was in Spain that summer finishing "In Cold Blood" and she was waiting for him to return from Spain to give him the fountain pen.

Back
Top Bottom