Solomon - The Unauthorized Autobiography

Go to CruxDreams.com

Jollyrei

Angelus Mortis
Staff member
Being a Tabloide and fulsome account of the divers ynterestes and scandales of the King, in several sections, with appropriate apologies to biblical scholars and, indeed, the entire field of Theology.

I suppose you’re wondering how an autobiography can actually be “unauthorized”, and you are quite justified in doing so. I would only note that Solomon was a king, not a biographer or author, although he was a bit of a writer of erotic poetry. More on that later. Much more, probably. What is unknown to many is that he kept a journal of his exploits.

Scholars are divided as to the authenticity and credibility of the source documents, which were on scroll fragments found near the Dead Sea in a cave. All these sorts of texts are. Well, when I say, “scholars are divided”, what I mean is that I think they’re the best thing since some old scrolls gave Jesus a sex life, and all the other scholars think both these scrolls and I are frauds. Bastards with their university tenures and doctorates, I ask you, eh?

The text in the scrolls is written in the first person, highlighting things that Solomon found interesting in his own life. Most, but not all of his interest involved women. As such, the text is refreshing and frank, giving us a more intimate glimpse into what really drove the great king to do the things he did, and most of this, again, had to do with women and sex. I suppose that might be debated, if those twits in the universities ever bothered to read this, which they won’t, so I don’t know why I even bother. Really, it’s all I can do just to get up in the morning sometimes. But I digress. What is clear, and what I have to concede, is that Solomon kept these journals for his own purposes, not so that everyone would read them several centuries later, as we will be doing now.

Nevertheless, what we have in this text are the more interesting and complete excerpts from these scrolls – and there were an awful lot of them – which provide a more complete picture of the man who was considered possibly the greatest king of anywhere, ever. I will let you, the reader, take what you will from this work.

D. B. T. Jollyrei, Professor of Antiquities (dismissed).
University of Virgin Martyrs

Excerpt One

And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him. 2 Samuel 12:24

Dad (that’s King David, of course) was always fond of Mum. I think that’s pretty evident. I mean, my conception was pretty much a product of the fact that, even after the untimely death of the baby who would have been my older brother, except for some petty capriciousness of Jehovah (that’s our God), he still thought that the best way to comfort a grieving mother was to shag her into next Tuesday. Anyway, I understand that she didn’t complain. And I don’t want to complain. After all, without the shagging (which I really don’t want to think about – I mean, “ew!”, who wants to think of their parents doing the nasty) I wouldn’t be here. So thanks, Mum and Dad, for being the horny mourners that you were.

And the LORD (that’s Jehovah again), loved me, or so the official biography of Samuel the Prophet says. That’s both good and bad, by the way. Love is a wonderful thing, but sometimes it’s better to be ignored by gods, rather than loved too much.

My road to kingship, for example, was not the easy stroll up the path to the throne room that one might have thought, given all that love from Jehovah. In fact, Dad was pretty sure my half-brother, Absalom, would be king. Dad wanted me to be a great poet. Actually, what he said to me was, “Sol, you could be a great poet if you didn’t spend all your time looking up girls’ skirts and then writing poetry about what you find there.” He might have had a point, but some idiot seems to have thought some of my stuff was religious allegory and put it into the Bible. The “Song of Solomon” they call it, and I confess that it does represent some of the stuff that is on my mind. I encourage you to read it, even though some of the metaphors maybe could have used some work.

“My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Enge'di.”

I mean, what the hell is that? I must have been drinking. I don’t even like camphire, and I certainly don’t recall the vineyards of Enge’di, wherever the hell that is. Problem with an empire is that you have so much territory that every day is a geography lesson, and the only thing I could ever do with geography was get more of it, it seems. I knew where Judah was. That was where Jerusalem is located. As to the rest of it, Egypt was a pain in the ass, and Sheba, well, let’s just say I was more interested in its queen and various locations on her person than I was in the location of her country.

Then there’s this gem:

“Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant:
Also our bed is green.
The beams of our house are cedar,
And our rafters of fir.”

You know, my bed was green, well, one of them anyway, but why that was important in a poem, I don’t know. I know what I did in bed, or beds, and probably I was in a pleasant haze at the time. Describing the bed might have been okay in those circumstances, but the rest of it sounds like a list from a lumber yard, or DIY catalogue. Who really cares, you might ask, what the house is built out of? She must have been a special girl to get turned on by construction details. I can’t remember now. There were so many girls. More on that later.

Anyway, read the poems. There are some good bits.

But I really wanted to talk about how I got to where I am now. And that starts with my dad, King David.

Dad started out as a shepherd. He was the first of the great “born in a log cabin” leaders, only he was born in a thatched hovel. Then, as he told it, he was out with the sheep one day, and Samuel dropped in on Grandpa Jesse. Samuel was a prophet of the LORD, and was one of the only people that Jehovah actually talked to. He was loved by the LORD as well, and turned out to be one of the most bad tempered people in the history of the universe. You see? This love of God stuff isn’t all soft couches and cakes. Samuel was constantly annoyed with something, and could purse his lips like nobody else I knew, and I have known a few women in my time. Grandmothers purse their lips to let you know you’re in trouble, but Samuel could have captained the all Israel Olympic pursing the lips team. Anyway, there he was.

He hummed and hah’ed about the hovel for a bit, and complained that there were no biscuits to go with the tea, but then got down to business in his dour and unpleasant way.

“You’ve got some sons,” he said, as though it was a scandal. It wasn’t. Grandpa was a non-drinking, upstanding sort who had only slept with the women he actually married. He’d be a saint, if we had saints.

“Yes, O Samuel, mighty prophet of the Most High God, and ...” said Jesse.

“Never mind all that,” said Samuel. “Jehovah says I have to meet your sons, and he will show me which one is right.”

“Right for what?” asked Jesse.

“To be King over all Israel,” said Samuel.

“But we have a king,” said Jesse, a bit confused. “Saul is King, and he has an heir.”

“Don’t ask me,” said Samuel miserably, “I didn’t ask for this stupid job. Get the boys in, would you?”

Jesse shrugged his broad pious shoulders and lined up all my uncles (there were a few of them, and after this you never have to read about them again. Even I don’t know what happened to them.). Samuel looked each one over, staring each one in the eyes like a gimlet until they blinked (nobody could outstare Samuel), and then shook his head.

“Nope,” he said. “Nothing doing here. None of these guys is the chap I’m after. Got any others?”

“Well,” said Jesse in his slow thoughtful country drawl, “there’s the young’un, David, but you won’t be wanting him.”

“Oh?” said Samuel, as if what Jesse said was perfectly true, because he hadn’t wanted to see any of the others either, but knew he was in for the full count, because of the LORD, “and why do you think that?”

“You do want to see him?” asked Jesse.

“Honestly, no,” said Samuel. “He’s probably a total idiot. But the LORD says I have to meet your sons, and that means I have to meet this David creature as well. Bring him on.”

“He’s not here,” said Jesse.

It took some time to fetch my dad from way out in the hills, where the sheep were in the summertime. It was a few miles away. I can only imagine Grandpa trying to entertain Samuel while waiting. Never fails to bring a giggle. Anyway, somewhere around nightfall, Dad arrived at the hovel and Samuel got to stare at him.

He sighed in resignation and poured a bottle of some perfumed oil over Dad’s head.

“Congratulations,” he said, as if passing a death sentence. “You’re gonna be king. Don’t think it’s going to be easy.”

“Don’t want to be king,” said Dad. “I want to live in the country and live off the land, hunt, fish, herd sheep, you know. I killed a lion last week.”

“Being king is like herding sheep,” growled Samuel. “You’ll take the job and like it.”

“What about King Saul,” asked Dad, “who is, er, king.”

“He has fallen out of favour with the LORD,” said Samuel. “This day, the LORD has taken the crown from his head and given it to thee.”

“Where is it?” asked Dad, a bit confused.

“On Saul’s head,” said Samuel.

“I thought you said…”

“It’s a metaphor,” said Samuel. “Look, you’re going to be king someday soon. Watch out and try not to get yourself killed by Saul in the meantime.”

That was good advice, but easier said than done. Dad spent the next several years almost getting killed by Saul. Saul felt, rightly I think, put out that Jehovah had rejected him simply because he had spared the lives of the women and cattle of some conquered city. You’d think sparing lives would have been a good thing. Anyway, Saul wasn’t going to make that mistake again, and set about trying to kill Dad whenever possible.

Dad got saved from assassins on one occasion by Michal, one of Saul’s daughters, who Dad had married. Instead of letting her dad kill my dad, she got him to flee. She’s the one who gave birth to Absalom, if I recall. Absalom was going to be king after David.

I rather liked Absalom. He was tall, good looking, and could wear a beard and long hair almost as well as Cat Stevens. The girls loved him.

But there were lots of half-brothers, most of them bastards (literally and figuratively). There were also half-sisters galore. Dad was almost as randy as me. It was my half-sister, Tamar, that did Absalom in.

Tamar was a pretty girl, a few years older than me, she was always singing songs, and she liked my poetry. She always dressed in colourful dresses. I liked her. I also had a half-brother Amnon, who was total git. Anyway, Amnon was always mooning about Tamar – weird things happen in Kings’ houses. Believe me, I know.

So, I was just 18, and was writing a juicy bit of poetry about some girl whose breasts were like towers or something, and Absalom burst into my room. He was sore wroth.

“You know what he did?” he shouted.

“Who?” I asked, “and no,” I answered.

“Amnon, our brother,” he said. “He raped Tamar!”

“Your sister?” I asked.

“Our sister,” he emphasized. “He made out like he was sick, and asked her to visit him to cheer him up. She baked him some cakes or something. When she got there, he grabbed her, and tore off her dress and raped her!”

“Good LORD,” I said. It was a bit shocking.

“Right,” said Absalom. “She kept telling him it was wrong, but he threw her down on the bed, and then his hands were up her thighs, and he tore the top of the dress to get at her breasts, and then he stuck his hard…”

“Stop with the details!” I said. “I don’t need the details. She’s our sister, for Jehovah’s sake!”

“Oh, right,” said Absalom. “Anyway, apparently that ass Jonadab put him up to it.”

“What? Dad’s advisor, Jonadab?”

“The same,” said Absalom ominously. “I have Tamar safe now in my apartments, but I’m going to kill Amnon.”

“You’re saying that our half-brother, had sex with our sister?” I asked again. “Isn’t that sort of wrong?”

“This is what I’m telling you,” said Absalom, “and what I’m killing Amnon about.”

“Isn’t Dad doing something?” I asked. “You’d think he’d be upset. Tamar is his daughter, after all. Don’t fathers get all fussy about daughters?”

“He tore his clothes and collapsed on his bed, moaning about “poor Tamar and poor Amnon,” growled Absalom. “Fat lot of good that does. Clearly, I’m the one who has to do something.”

Absalom went out and invited us all to a party.

I thought it was odd, since he was sore wroth, that he would even have a party, but he did. There was food. There were dancing girls. There was wine. There was music. Did I mention the dancing girls? I think all 20 of them wore enough to cover one complete girl. Fantastic!

And then, when most of us were pretty smashed, and I was completely besotted with one of the girls and was just getting to know some of her good bits, Absalom yells, “NOW!” and his servants all grabbed daggers and down went Amnon like a pincushion. Absalom fled the city and lived in exile for several years, always being chased by Jonadab, who Dad sent out after him. In the end, Dad got tired of this and said we were all supposed to forgive Absalom, and let him come home.

But the damage was really done, I guess. The people thought that Absalom was right, and he was pretty handsome, and he was a clear favourite with the ladies, more than my dad who was past his prime. They started making noises about how Absalom should be king, and Absalom even had another of his famous parties to celebrate how he was going to be king. Dad’s general, Joab, got annoyed and went off with Dad’s host (that’s an army), and there was another civil war. We used to do those, seemingly on weekends, there were so many of them.

In the end, Absalom got his hair caught in a tree while riding away from a battle with Dad’s army. Absalom had an army. Who knew? Anyway, Dad was loved by the LORD, which means you don’t lose battles against sons, or Ammonites, whoever they are. Absalom was defeated and fleeing again, when his hair caught in a tree and there he was, hanging from his hair. Dad wanted Absalom home alive, but Dad’s general, Joab, had other ideas. He saw Absalom in that tree, and threw three darts at him, killing him stone dead. Dad went into mourning, but didn’t do anything much to Joab.

I remember getting the news. I was lying in my chamber with a chambermaid. She was dark haired, and had big dark eyes, and a pretty dark triangle of hair between her thighs, and when I went in unto her she was warm, soft, wet, and willing. She made pretty little sounds during the going in. I was waxing poetic about that, and her breasts (like a flock of goats, I think I said, if you must know).

The chamber slavegirl was giggling. I didn’t see at the time what was funny about goats. But I think there’s an important point here about poetry. It’s not what you say, but the mood you create, and believe me, she was in a pretty nice mood, and her thighs weren’t half bad either. Even I started to laugh, and I got a bit turned on all over again. That was when another slave girl burst into the room.

With a shriek, the chambermaid slave girl took her pretty breasts and dove under the bed. I leapt out of the bed to face the interloping girl, with my lower appendage pointed happily directly at her. The new slave girl blushed bright crimson as I pulled on a robe, but she managed to collect herself enough to announce a messenger.

The messenger was a dour soldiery sort who mumbled that my brother Absalom was dead, and I was now the first in line for the throne, since Dad thought all my other brothers were either bastards (he should know) or cowards, or both. I felt sorry for Absalom, but hey, he wasn’t “loved of the LORD”, was he. It was really only a matter of time. The soldier fellow disappeared.

But I had a problem.

I had a raging erection (like a tower of ivory, admittedly with a purple knob on the end). There was one naked girl peeking out from under the bed, with wide dark eyes. There was another girl wearing a light slave shift standing in front of me, probably wondering whether she was seeing a scandal in the making, and whether gossiping about what she had seen the future king doing was worth anything. What to do?

Fortunately, I had learned that in every problem situation, there is often a solution right in the midst of the problem itself. In this case, the way to avoid gossip and scandal was to involve all parties in it. I took the blushing slave girl by the hand and led her toward the bed. I introduced her to the other girl. While they were getting acquainted, I pulled the ties of the dress at the shoulders and it dropped away as does fruit ripe for the harvest. She had, I noticed, a bottom like ripe peaches. I dropped my robe.

I thought to myself afterwards, with two sleeping girls beside me, that as king, I would want my enemies to drop away as easily as that dress. Might need a bit of wisdom for that. I wonder where you get wisdom.

To be continued…

Last edited:
Being a Tabloide and fulsome account of the divers ynterestes and scandales of the King, in several sections, with appropriate apologies to biblical scholars and, indeed, the entire field of Theology.

I suppose you’re wondering how an autobiography can actually be “unauthorized”, and you are quite justified in doing so. I would only note that Solomon was a king, not a biographer or author, although he was a bit of a writer of erotic poetry. More on that later. Much more, probably. What is unknown to many is that he kept a journal of his exploits.

Scholars are divided as to the authenticity and credibility of the source documents, which were on scroll fragments found near the Dead Sea in a cave. All these sorts of texts are. Well, when I say, “scholars are divided”, what I mean is that I think they’re the best thing since some old scrolls gave Jesus a sex life, and all the other scholars think both these scrolls and I are frauds. Bastards with their university tenures and doctorates, I ask you, eh?

The text in the scrolls is written in the first person, highlighting things that Solomon found interesting in his own life. Most, but not all of his interest involved women. As such, the text is refreshing and frank, giving us a more intimate glimpse into what really drove the great king to do the things he did, and most of this, again, had to do with women and sex. I suppose that might be debated, if those twits in the universities ever bothered to read this, which they won’t, so I don’t know why I even bother. Really, it’s all I can do just to get up in the morning sometimes. But I digress. What is clear, and what I have to concede, is that Solomon kept these journals for his own purposes, not so that everyone would read them several centuries later, as we will be doing now.

Nevertheless, what we have in this text are the more interesting and complete excerpts from these scrolls – and there were an awful lot of them – which provide a more complete picture of the man who was considered possibly the greatest king of anywhere, ever. I will let you, the reader, take what you will from this work.

Excerpt One

And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him. 2 Samuel 12:24

Dad (that’s King David, of course) was always fond of Mum. I think that’s pretty evident. I mean, my conception was pretty much a product of the fact that, even after the untimely death of the baby who would have been my older brother, except for some petty capriciousness of Jehovah (that’s our God), he still thought that the best way to comfort a grieving mother was to shag her into next Tuesday. Anyway, I understand that she didn’t complain. And I don’t want to complain. After all, without the shagging (which I really don’t want to think about – I mean, “ew!”, who wants to think of their parents doing the nasty) I wouldn’t be here. So thanks, Mum and Dad, for being the horny mourners that you were.

And the LORD (that’s Jehovah again), loved me, or so the official biography of Samuel the Prophet says. That’s both good and bad, by the way. Love is a wonderful thing, but sometimes it’s better to be ignored by gods, rather than loved too much.

My road to kingship, for example, was not the easy stroll up the path to the throne room that one might have thought, given all that love from Jehovah. In fact, Dad was pretty sure my half-brother, Absalom, would be king. Dad wanted me to be a great poet. Actually, what he said to me was, “Sol, you could be a great poet if you didn’t spend all your time looking up girls’ skirts and then writing poetry about what you find there.” He might have had a point, but some idiot seems to have thought some of my stuff was religious allegory and put it into the Bible. The “Song of Solomon” they call it, and I confess that it does represent some of the stuff that is on my mind. I encourage you to read it, even though some of the metaphors maybe could have used some work.

I mean, what the hell is that? I must have been drinking. I don’t even like camphire, and I certainly don’t recall the vineyards of Enge’di, wherever the hell that is. Problem with an empire is that you have so much territory that every day is a geography lesson, and the only thing I could ever do with geography was get more of it, it seems. I knew where Judah was. That was where Jerusalem is located. As to the rest of it, Egypt was a pain in the ass, and Sheba, well, let’s just say I was more interested in its queen and various locations on her person than I was in the location of her country.

Then there’s this gem:

Also our bed is green.
And our rafters of fir.”

You know, my bed was green, well, one of them anyway, but why that was important in a poem, I don’t know. I know what I did in bed, or beds, and probably I was in a pleasant haze at the time. Describing the bed might have been okay in those circumstances, but the rest of it sounds like a list from a lumber yard, or DIY catalogue. Who really cares, you might ask, what the house is built out of? She must have been a special girl to get turned on by construction details. I can’t remember now. There were so many girls. More on that later.

But I really wanted to talk about how I got to where I am now. And that starts with my dad, King David.

Dad started out as a shepherd. He was the first of the great “born in a log cabin” leaders, only he was born in a thatched hovel. Then, as he told it, he was out with the sheep one day, and Samuel dropped in on Grandpa Jesse. Samuel was a prophet of the LORD, and was one of the only people that Jehovah actually talked to. He was loved by the LORD as well, and turned out to be one of the most bad tempered people in the history of the universe. You see? This love of God stuff isn’t all soft couches and cakes. Samuel was constantly annoyed with something, and could purse his lips like nobody else I knew, and I have known a few women in my time. Grandmothers purse their lips to let you know you’re in trouble, but Samuel could have captained the all Israel Olympic pursing the lips team. Anyway, there he was.

He hummed and hah’ed about the hovel for a bit, and complained that there were no biscuits to go with the tea, but then got down to business in his dour and unpleasant way.

“You’ve got some sons,” he said, as though it was a scandal. It wasn’t. Grandpa was a non-drinking, upstanding sort who had only slept with the women he actually married. He’d be a saint, if we had saints.

“Never mind all that,” said Samuel. “Jehovah says I have to meet your sons, and he will show me which one is right.”

“But we have a king,” said Jesse, a bit confused. “Saul is King, and he has an heir.”

“Don’t ask me,” said Samuel miserably, “I didn’t ask for this stupid job. Get the boys in, would you?”

Jesse shrugged his broad pious shoulders and lined up all my uncles (there were a few of them, and after this you never have to read about them again. Even I don’t know what happened to them.). Samuel looked each one over, staring each one in the eyes like a gimlet until they blinked (nobody could outstare Samuel), and then shook his head.

“Nope,” he said. “Nothing doing here. None of these guys is the chap I’m after. Got any others?”

“Well,” said Jesse in his slow thoughtful country drawl, “there’s the young’un, David, but you won’t be wanting him.”

“Oh?” said Samuel, as if what Jesse said was perfectly true, because he hadn’t wanted to see any of the others either, but knew he was in for the full count, because of the LORD, “and why do you think that?”

“Honestly, no,” said Samuel. “He’s probably a total idiot. But the LORD says I have to meet your sons, and that means I have to meet this David creature as well. Bring him on.”

It took some time to fetch my dad from way out in the hills, where the sheep were in the summertime. It was a few miles away. I can only imagine Grandpa trying to entertain Samuel while waiting. Never fails to bring a giggle. Anyway, somewhere around nightfall, Dad arrived at the hovel and Samuel got to stare at him.

He sighed in resignation and poured a bottle of some perfumed oil over Dad’s head.

“Congratulations,” he said, as if passing a death sentence. “You’re gonna be king. Don’t think it’s going to be easy.”

“Don’t want to be king,” said Dad. “I want to live in the country and live off the land, hunt, fish, herd sheep, you know. I killed a lion last week.”

“Being king is like herding sheep,” growled Samuel. “You’ll take the job and like it.”

“He has fallen out of favour with the LORD,” said Samuel. “This day, the LORD has taken the crown from his head and given it to thee.”

“I thought you said…”

“It’s a metaphor,” said Samuel. “Look, you’re going to be king someday soon. Watch out and try not to get yourself killed by Saul in the meantime.”

That was good advice, but easier said than done. Dad spent the next several years almost getting killed by Saul. Saul felt, rightly I think, put out that Jehovah had rejected him simply because he had spared the lives of the women and cattle of some conquered city. You’d think sparing lives would have been a good thing. Anyway, Saul wasn’t going to make that mistake again, and set about trying to kill Dad whenever possible.

Dad got saved from assassins on one occasion by Michal, one of Saul’s daughters, who Dad had married. Instead of letting her dad kill my dad, she got him to flee. She’s the one who gave birth to Absalom, if I recall. Absalom was going to be king after David.

I rather liked Absalom. He was tall, good looking, and could wear a beard and long hair almost as well as Cat Stevens. The girls loved him.

But there were lots of half-brothers, most of them bastards (literally and figuratively). There were also half-sisters galore. Dad was almost as randy as me. It was my half-sister, Tamar, that did Absalom in.

Tamar was a pretty girl, a few years older than me, she was always singing songs, and she liked my poetry. She always dressed in colourful dresses. I liked her. I also had a half-brother Amnon, who was total git. Anyway, Amnon was always mooning about Tamar – weird things happen in Kings’ houses. Believe me, I know.

So, I was just 18, and was writing a juicy bit of poetry about some girl whose breasts were like towers or something, and Absalom burst into my room. He was sore wroth.

“Your sister?” I asked.

“Our sister,” he emphasized. “He made out like he was sick, and asked her to visit him to cheer him up. She baked him some cakes or something. When she got there, he grabbed her, and tore off her dress and raped her!”

“Right,” said Absalom. “She kept telling him it was wrong, but he threw her down on the bed, and then his hands were up her thighs, and he tore the top of the dress to get at her breasts, and then he stuck his hard…”

“Stop with the details!” I said. “I don’t need the details. She’s our sister, for Jehovah’s sake!”

“Oh, right,” said Absalom. “Anyway, apparently that ass Jonadab put him up to it.”

“The same,” said Absalom ominously. “I have Tamar safe now in my apartments, but I’m going to kill Amnon.”

“You’re saying that our half-brother, had sex with our sister?” I asked again. “Isn’t that sort of wrong?”

“This is what I’m telling you,” said Absalom, “and what I’m killing Amnon about.”

“Isn’t Dad doing something?” I asked. “You’d think he’d be upset. Tamar is his daughter, after all. Don’t fathers get all fussy about daughters?”

“He tore his clothes and collapsed on his bed, moaning about “poor Tamar and poor Amnon,” growled Absalom. “Fat lot of good that does. Clearly, I’m the one who has to do something.”

I thought it was odd, since he was sore wroth, that he would even have a party, but he did. There was food. There were dancing girls. There was wine. There was music. Did I mention the dancing girls? I think all 20 of them wore enough to cover one complete girl. Fantastic!

And then, when most of us were pretty smashed, and I was completely besotted with one of the girls and was just getting to know some of her good bits, Absalom yells, “NOW!” and his servants all grabbed daggers and down went Amnon like a pincushion. Absalom fled the city and lived in exile for several years, always being chased by Jonadab, who Dad sent out after him. In the end, Dad got tired of this and said we were all supposed to forgive Absalom, and let him come home.

But the damage was really done, I guess. The people thought that Absalom was right, and he was pretty handsome, and he was a clear favourite with the ladies, more than my dad who was past his prime. They started making noises about how Absalom should be king, and Absalom even had another of his famous parties to celebrate how he was going to be king. Dad’s general, Joab, got annoyed and went off with Dad’s host (that’s an army), and there was another civil war. We used to do those, seemingly on weekends, there were so many of them.

In the end, Absalom got his hair caught in a tree while riding away from a battle with Dad’s army. Absalom had an army. Who knew? Anyway, Dad was loved by the LORD, which means you don’t lose battles against sons, or Ammonites, whoever they are. Absalom was defeated and fleeing again, when his hair caught in a tree and there he was, hanging from his hair. Dad wanted Absalom home alive, but Dad’s general, Joab, had other ideas. He saw Absalom in that tree, and threw three darts at him, killing him stone dead. Dad went into mourning, but didn’t do anything much to Joab.

I remember getting the news. I was lying in my chamber with a chambermaid. She was dark haired, and had big dark eyes, and a pretty dark triangle of hair between her thighs, and when I went in unto her she was warm, soft, wet, and willing. She made pretty little sounds during the going in. I was waxing poetic about that, and her breasts (like a flock of goats, I think I said, if you must know).

The chamber slavegirl was giggling. I didn’t see at the time what was funny about goats. But I think there’s an important point here about poetry. It’s not what you say, but the mood you create, and believe me, she was in a pretty nice mood, and her thighs weren’t half bad either. Even I started to laugh, and I got a bit turned on all over again. That was when another slave girl burst into the room.

With a shriek, the chambermaid slave girl took her pretty breasts and dove under the bed. I leapt out of the bed to face the interloping girl, with my lower appendage pointed happily directly at her. The new slave girl blushed bright crimson as I pulled on a robe, but she managed to collect herself enough to announce a messenger.

The messenger was a dour soldiery sort who mumbled that my brother Absalom was dead, and I was now the first in line for the throne, since Dad thought all my other brothers were either bastards (he should know) or cowards, or both. I felt sorry for Absalom, but hey, he wasn’t “loved of the LORD”, was he. It was really only a matter of time. The soldier fellow disappeared.

But I had a problem.

I had a raging erection (like a tower of ivory, admittedly with a purple knob on the end). There was one naked girl peeking out from under the bed, with wide dark eyes. There was another girl wearing a light slave shift standing in front of me, probably wondering whether she was seeing a scandal in the making, and whether gossiping about what she had seen the future king doing was worth anything. What to do?

Fortunately, I had learned that in every problem situation, there is often a solution right in the midst of the problem itself. In this case, the way to avoid gossip and scandal was to involve all parties in it. I took the blushing slave girl by the hand and led her toward the bed. I introduced her to the other girl. While they were getting acquainted, I pulled the ties of the dress at the shoulders and it dropped away as does fruit ripe for the harvest. She had, I noticed, a bottom like ripe peaches. I dropped my robe.

I thought to myself afterwards, with two sleeping girls beside me, that as king, I would want my enemies to drop away as easily as that dress. Might need a bit of wisdom for that. I wonder where you get wisdom.

To be continued…
I am going to have to come back to this tonight, but in the meantime the thought of 20 girls wearing the amount of material that would barely cover one is going to considerably brighten up my Monday! :)

Excerpt One

To be continued…
A new remarkable project, for Jolly and Madiosi.

An excellent start Jollyrei.

Solomon displaying his innate talent already, coping with two girls. The LORD must have bestowed on him this wisdom, and furnished him with the stamina to go into them both. Praise the LORD that He blesses a great King, and provides copious slavegirls so his abilities may flourish.

the rest of it sounds like a list from a lumber yard, or DIY catalogue.
Well, at least you omitted the information about the en-suite bedroom
that your Dad provided in a couple of his poems -
'Where is your washpot - under the bed?'
'Nah, Moab is my washpot.' :confused: :p

he chambermaid slave girl took her pretty breasts and dove under the bed.
:confused:

oh yes, 'dove', past tense of 'dive' in some odd language.
There was me imagining her cuddling a cushie (pigeon) -
the kind that art in the clefts of the rock,
in the secret places of the stairs -

probably a poetic metaphor for her nice triangle... :p

Superb Jolly, loving this!
Better than wine -
well better than the cheap stuff -
stay me with flagons of it! :D

Last edited:

Excerpt One

Then there’s this gem:

Also our bed is green.
And our rafters of fir.”

“I thought you said…”

“Your sister?” I asked.

But I had a problem.

To be continued…

Now I've read every word. :D

Jeremiah was more miserable than Samuel, maybe less grumpy. He was loved by the LORD, too; so was Job, miserable git. Next time you see someone on here who's being grumpy or miserable, don't blame them, the LORD probably fancies them. :rolleyes:

OTOH, Solomon seems to be doing OK, so far. Plucking the fair maidens as the fruit upon a plum tree. ;)

By the way, Jollyrei, if I was to pm you my address, could you send me a copy of your version of the Holy Bible? :D

Now I've read every word. :D

Jeremiah was more miserable than Samuel, maybe less grumpy. He was loved by the LORD, too; so was Job, miserable git. Next time you see someone on here who's being grumpy or miserable, don't blame them, the LORD probably fancies them. :rolleyes:

OTOH, Solomon seems to be doing OK, so far. Plucking the fair maidens as the fruit upon a plum tree. ;)

By the way, Jollyrei, if I was to pm you my address, could you send me a copy of your version of the Holy Bible? :D
Perhaps is that a Unholy Bible.
Interestingly, so far, all quotes are direct from the "Authorized Version". :cool:

Interestingly, so far, all quotes are direct from the "Authorized Version". :cool:
In truth, that's what's so clever, and - while you've added in a few very believable details of the sex-life of young Sol that the Masoretic text must have edited out - the back-story is, so far as my memory of it goes, just as it says in the Bible (so it must be true :cool:)

Not so far, anyway, although I imagine that Stalin might have been equally content in that last scene, even if he was no poet. :cool:
Joe certainly thought 'that in every problem situation, there is often a solution right in the midst of the problem itself', but his solutions were often of a different kind.
shoot-smileys.gif

Excerpt 2

Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying, I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man; - 1 Kings 2:1-2

Dad died in the spring, and was all over me about keeping the statutes of the LORD and walking in his ways. A lot of that went over my head. I was still focused on that business of how to “shew myself a man”. I figured there were a fair number of slave girls in the palace who I had “shewn” that to, so I wasn’t particularly worried. But Dad rattled on, there on his deathbed.

“You remember Joab?” asked Dad.

“Your general?” I asked, “the one that killed Absalom?”

“Bastard!” said David. “Do therefore according to thy wisdom, and let not his hoar head go down to the grave in peace.”

There’s that wisdom thing again. I wasn’t sure I had that. I also didn’t quite know what a “hoar head” was, but if Joab had one, I was all for not letting it go the grave in peace. I was fond of Absalom, and Joab had killed him, and then acted like it was the sensible thing to do.

“What’s a hoar head?” I asked.

“Not important,” said Dad. “Just kill Joab!”

“Oh!” I said. “Right then. I can do that?”

“You’ll be king in a minute,” said Dad. “You can do anything you like.”

“What about wisdom?” I asked.

“You’ll need some,” said Dad. “Look at me. I was king, but I don’t think I was really that wise. All sorts of trouble, all because I didn’t kill off Jonadab, who sent Amnon to rape your sister, and then I didn’t kill Joab, who murdered Absalom. ”

I couldn’t argue with him there. I still don’t know why he never did anything about all these people who had betrayed him over the years. I vowed I would never let people walk all over me like that. Maybe that was wisdom.

“And Shimei the Benjaminite,” said Dad, his breathing becoming a bit labored.

“Yeah,” I said. “He’s a friend of mine.”

“He cursed me once,” said Dad. “I don’t forget these things. But he did me a favour also, so I told him that I would not kill him by the sword.”

“So,” I said, “you’re telling me to forgive people and show mercy when I’m king.”

“I’m telling you that you’re going to take his hoar head down to the grave with blood!” gasped Dad.

“You mean kill him too?” I asked.

“Got it in one,” said Dad, and he expired. I had to work pretty hard to come up with some substitute last words of the great king. “Got it in one!” didn’t sound noble or poetic.

Anyway, Dad had said I had some wisdom to use, so I sent out Benaiah the son of Jehoiada to find Joab. Joab, that idiot, didn’t have the sense to flee, but ran into the tabernacle of the LORD and grabbed hold of the altar. That confused Benaiah, who challenged him to a fair fight, but Joab wouldn’t come out.

“He won’t come out and fight me,” said Benaiah. “I think he’s a coward, but he’s hanging onto the altar of the LORD and won’t budge.”

“So?” I asked. “If he won’t come out of the tabernacle, you gotta go in. Bring me the head of Diego Garcia.”

“Sorry, what?” asked Benaiah.

“Just make sure he’s dead by nightfall,” I said.

And so Benaiah went out and killed Joab with the sword, and then some time later he killed off my erstwhile friend Shimei the Benjaminite. Hey, I promised my dad. I made Benaiah my new captain of my hosts, and put Zadok in as priest over Israel. And so I became king.

The next thing I did was make an alliance with the Pharaoh of Egypt, because Egypt could be a pain in the ass, and the south border. I am rather fond of alliances. There are girls involved. You see, what you do is, you promise some king that you’ll be friends, and in return you marry their daughter. Pharaoh had a very nice daughter, and I brought her back with me to Jerusalem. That felt wise.

It’s one thing to shag a girl when you’re horny, but doing it while feeling it’s the wise thing to do was a new one for me. She was dark, warm, soft, and pretty, and I was pretty besotted with her. She was the one with the breasts like young roes which feed among the lilies. I did a bit of feeding among the breasts, and then a bit further down. Her speech was comely, as I say in one of my poems, but that was nothing to the cute sounds she made when I used my tongue. I knew the wisdom of that too. Anyway, it was a brilliant alliance. I loved everything about Egypt.

My coronation was a splendid affair. I mean, Handel wrote a whole anthem about it. Admittedly the title credits go to Zadok the Priest, but it’s all about anointing me king. Mum put the crown on my head, and all the people rejoiced and said “God save the King”. I was pretty chuffed.

I went up to Gibeon, which is a horrid place, but it’s where there was a high altar to the LORD. You gotta do some pretty odd ceremonial stuff when you’re king. It’s not all palaces and shagging princesses. I had to make a sacrifice on the altar. A thousand burnt offerings did I make upon that altar, mostly goats. It took over a week, and I was damn sick of the smell of roast goat.

But Jehovah finally said something to me. He came to me in a dream and asked me what I wanted now that I was king. I think it may have been the effects of smoke inhalation, or the fact that I’d been doing nothing but hanging out with Zadok and a bunch of priests turning goats into crispy critters for a week.

Anyway, you do all kinds of silly things in dreams. I told the LORD, that I wanted a discerning heart to judge between good and bad and be a judge for the people. What I wanted was someone in my bed with me, besides Jehovah, or instead of Jehovah really. But there he was, in my dream, and my subconscious was all about saying something tactful. The LORD at least seemed pleased.

He said unto me, “Behold, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.” Got to be good, right?

I felt pretty good in the morning. I felt wise. It was really quite similar to how good I felt after waking up with my Egyptian princess. Really invigorated, you know. I hopped in my chariot and zipped off back to Jerusalem and spent the next day or two in contact with the princess. I didn’t want to lose that wise and lovin’ feeling.

“Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense,” I said to her. She had a lovely sweet cleft in her hill of frankincense, and I was all for a bit of exploration.

“Majesty,” said a voice.

“Who is that?” whispered my sweet naked Egyptian, my finger inside her… “Oh!”, she added.

“Nothing to worry about, my love,” I said. “Probably just the wind in the leaves. Ah, thou art comely, my love, my fair one, and…”

“Majesty,” said the voice again. “The sun is now well up, and there are two harlots who demand an audience.”

“I need no harlots,” I said, quite truthfully too. I mean, if you’ve got a princess of Egypt making happy noises in your bed, you don’t need anyone else.

“No, Sire,” said the voice, probably Benaiah, “and neither do the rest of us. We need the wisdom of your mighty judgement.” Ben was laying it on pretty thick. My judgement was severely impaired by the effects of what the princess was doing riding two of my fingers.

Benaiah wouldn’t go away, and he’d spoiled the mood anyway, so I got up. Promising the princess that I’d be back soon, I pulled on my clothes and went out of the room.

“This better be important,” I growled to Ben.

“It’s two harlots,” said Ben. “They’re shrieking and kicking up a row, and your mum said I was to get you and …” he paused, sniffing the air near me. “What’s that smell?”

“Myrrh and frankincense,” I said.

“Oh, right,” said Ben, turning a bit red. “Um, sorry. You had that princess in there, didn’t you?”

“This alliance with Egypt is very important to me,” I said.

“Of course,” said Ben, coughing.

He was right. The throne room was pandemonium. These two scantily clad women were busy punching each other and yelling about something.

“Shut up!” I yelled, as regally as I could. “What’s all this unseemly racket,” said I.

And you can read about all that, in the books of the Kings (it's all in the Bible there). It involved me rather distastefully threatening to cut something in half. Anyway, I didn't have to, but I did end up cutting one of those harlots in half. Only fair, I figured. “And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that wisdom was in him, to do judgment.”

Thing is, looking back, I wonder about that. I became known for my wise judgements, and all Israel thought I was pretty great, but I was sweating a bit there.

It could all have gone spectacularly wrong.

to be continued...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom