Some Sketches

Go to CruxDreams.com
The speedsketch made after the images of the manequin. You must add all the anatomical lines by yourself and some poses look strange. The manequin, however articulated, has not only limited range of bending or straightening of the limbs but it has limited number of the joints and their location is not the same as in the human's body, sometimes being a compromise between the few real neighboring joints. The most annoying is the lack of collarbone, resulting with the shoulder joint remaining on the level of the top-of-sternum even if the hands are stretched upwards. Lifting hands high up while the torso remains unaffected looks especially unnatural, resembling movements of a crab or spider legs, not a human limbs. So if you want to successfully use such a drawing aid, you must master human anatomy first...
IMG_20201226_092214~2.jpg

The speedsketch made after the images of the manequin. You must add all the anatomical lines by yourself and some poses look strange. The manequin, however articulated, has not only limited range of bending or straightening of the limbs but it has limited number of the joints and their location is not the same as in the human's body, sometimes being a compromise between the few real neighboring joints. The most annoying is the lack of collarbone, resulting with the shoulder joint remaining on the level of the top-of-sternum even if the hands are stretched upwards. Lifting hands high up while the torso remains unaffected looks especially unnatural, resembling movements of a crab or spider legs, not a human limbs. So if you want to successfully use such a drawing aid, you must master human anatomy first...
View attachment 945214
It should go like this (green S for top of sternum level, the blue dots for shoulder joints) :
IMG_20201226_095808~2.jpg
and not like this:
IMG_20201226_100138.jpg

These just keep getting funnier and funnier. I log on always hoping there's a new one. When I used to get a daily newspaper I'd read the comics first (a habit from my childhood). I always marvelled at how a person could write a new, funny strip each day -- and a longer one on Sunday. I believe you could do that, Andyman. These comics are fucking hilarious! I hope you don't run out of ideas anytime soon.

A funny comic strip about something as gruesome as cruciifxion. Wow! Where else but here. (What does that say about our senses of humor? Yikes!)

These's so much detail in your strips. For example, in this strip, you just don't show the woman's legs hanging down in the second panel; she's obviously struggling trying to find some support with her feet while the soldiers are calmly trying to solve the bent nail problem. The introduction of modern tools and bolts in an ancient scene is genius.

Last edited:
These just keep getting funnier and funnier. I log on always hoping there's a new one. When I used to get a daily newspaper I'd read the comics first (a habit from my childhood). I always marvelled at how a person could write a new, funny strip each day -- and a longer one on Sunday. I believe you could do that, Andyman. These comics are fucking hilarious! I hope you don't run out of ideas anytime soon.

A funny comic strip about something as gruesome as cruciifxion. Wow! Where else but here. (What does that say about our senses of humor? Yikes!)

These's so much detail in your strips. For example, in this strip, you just don't show the woman's legs hanging down in the second panel; she's obviously struggling trying to find some support with her feet while the soldiers are calmly trying to solve the bent nail problem. The introduction of modern tools and bolts in an ancient scene is genius.
Thank you very much. However I am as much surprised as you were.

I have been sketching funny comic strips for some 40 years but they were always made after someone's joke or funny texting. I never had ideas of my own before!

Crux ->Inspires

:D

Thank you very much. However I am as much surprised as you were.

I have been sketching funny comic strips for some 40 years but they were always made after someone's joke or funny texting. I never had ideas of my own before!
Well, these ideas are great. I loved the crucified acrophobiac! Imagine the worst terror of crucifixion for a gal being how tall her cross is!

Last edited:
I imagine a crucified girl like me staring it utter terror at the large black spider that's just appeared on the patibulum, it's crawling towards my petrified face, there's nothing I can do to escape from it .... :eek::eek::eek:

I imagine a crucified girl like me staring it utter terror at the large black spider that's just appeared on the patibulum, it's crawling towards my petrified face, there's nothing I can do to escape from it .... :eek::eek::eek:
The spider will just build a cobweb right in front of your face and then it will sit in front of your right eye and wait for a fly to finally come. And remember, the spider will only bite you if you screech too loud.kreuzspinne-d7adf847-0344-4e48-88bb-da5fe9a35b41.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom