Stories by Barbaria1 and Windar

Go to CruxDreams.com

windar

Teller of Tales
What was that line at the end of "Casablanca"? "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful collaboration". Ok, that wasn't quite it, but I have greatly enjoyed collaborating with Barb on so many stories. How many, you ask? I haven't counted, but it's quite a few as we shall see.

It all began in the future, after an apocalyptic disaster that brought society back to pre-industrial levels. Without machines to till the soil, the practice of slavery was revived. Our story follows a mother, Pat and her daughter, Barbara (I bet you guessed that one). They were part of a free family that fell into debt and were sold into slavery to pay off the loans. It isn't easy adapting to life as a slave when you are used to being free, as you shall see.

And there was a sequel! We all like sequels, right? With illustrations stolen borrowed from the great Tibool!

After those two heavy stories, full of suffering and woe, we turned to something lighter, good old campus hijinks!

Now we come to the first of the Stan Goldman/Barbara Moore stories, where the whole sordid tale of the two kinky detectives began.

And for those of you who speak the language of Goethe, here is the German translation by Atzehes.

Fresh from solving "The Bronc Crux Murders", Stan and Barb go on a book tour to promote their tell-all. Among the stops are Rome (they get to meet a very famous resident of that city and Barb gets to experience what a Roman prison was like) and London (where they get to play a couple of very famous historical characters in a very thrilling re-enactment). I guarantee you will laugh out loud or I will refund every penny you paid for these stories.

The two stories were combined for the archives

@Eulalia said this next one was "A classic-Barb and Windar at their best". A wonderful tribute! However, it raises the question of whether it was all down hill from here. But it has pirates and court intrigue and the Sultan's dungeon, and did I mention pirates???

After recovering from her adventure in North Africa for about 200 years, Barb is ready to go back, this time to modern-day Southern Africa, sent by her editor, Jerry Goldman (Stan's brother) to cover the flogging of Meghan Shanahan, a young American aid worker who insulted the President (no, not that one, the President of Zilawe!). Of course, Barb manages to get herself awarded a flogging also and then she and Meghan get sent to a labor camp. Goldman bravely arranges a rescue attempt and a pitched battle ensues. There is a sweat box scene which is particularly hot...

There is a thread here where @Juan1234 asked people to name what they thought was their best work here. I picked this story and I'm sticking with it. It's a complex tale about Stan Goldman and Barbara Moore investigating a suicide by hanging of a young woman. There isn't much initially to indicate that this was anything other than a tragic act, rather than a crime. But their investigation leads them into a dark world of kinky web sites and cults that leave Barb's life hanging by a thread.

Poor Stan Goldman just wants to enjoy his retirement in the country. He and Barb made enough money from their book on "The Bronx Crux Murders" that with his pension from the NYPD his goal seems in reach. Except that Barb keeps getting herself into terrible pickles that he feels obliged to rescue her from.

First, she tangles with some Russian mobsters who kidnap young women to sell to wealthy sadists overseas.

Then, just when Stan thinks nothing more can go wrong, she is arrested and sent to prison for unauthorized access to police data bases which she used to catch the mobsters. The women's prison is run by a corrupt warden and his assistant (the Matron) who use the inmates to entertain wealthy men whose lust knows no bounds. Stan goes undercover as a guard to try to rescue her.

Last edited by a moderator:
An epic tale of and American working for British Intelligence during World War II that spans Occupied France, wartime Britain, Nazi Germany and daring escapes to neutral Switzerland and Spain. This one is not for the easily frightened!

Barb is offended that corporal punishment of females has been adopted in the state where she teaches at Dorsbury College. She organizes a protest against it, chaining herself to the courtroom door, like the suffragettes of old. The results are quite predictable and quite painful...

Dr. Priya Raman had thought she was doing a good thing, using an experimental wound healing cream from a Trabbian pharmaceutical company on the welts and cuts on the asses of her former professor Susan Gelden and her daughter Rebecca after they had been caned at the Female Corporal Punishment facility where she had formerly worked for protesting the laws allowing corporal punishment (see the story "Like Mother, Like Daughter"). OK, Priya did demand that they satisfy the lusts triggered by watching them suffer under the cane, but the cream really did work exceptionally well.

But now she is in big trouble for her illegal actions, facing a caning herself. This one will not be in front of strangers in a foreign land, but in front of the people of the town in which she has lived and worked for many years. And then, Barb takes up Priya's cause (it turns out they were lovers as students at the local college) and they will suffer together, just as they took pleasure together.

Barbara Moore is a cub reporter for her college newspaper. She notices that two of her fellow students, Tara Malone and Delia Ortiz didn't return from spring break. The rumor around the college is that they had taken jobs as "companions" to a mysterious billionaire on a Caribbean island (see "Spring Break Slaves").

Hoping for a big scoop, she decides to investigate and of course she ends up in very serious trouble. We also get some very interesting background on Kelly Winters, the person who recruits the "companions" and how she ended up in that role.

A story set in late 19th Century Latvia about the punishment of a young peasant couple for shirking work to make love. Told from a rather unusual perspective.

For those for whom one Barb is insufficient, how about TWO????:firedevil::eek:

Back
Top Bottom