Strange or Funny (or Both) Book Titles and Covers - Real and Fake

Go to CruxDreams.com
I doubt E. A. Poe envisioned Jane Fonda in his tales
View attachment 743193But I bet he wish he had!
The cover is a still from the 1969 film "Spirits of the Dead".
spiritsof thedead.jpg
Three European directors adapted three Poe stories. Fellini directed "Toby Dammit". Louis Malle directed "William Wilson". And Roger Vadim, Fonda's then husband directed "Metzengerstein".
Jane plays a cruel countess who has an affair with her cousin who she kills. He comes back as a horse she becomes attracted to who kills her...or something like that. It's all very arty.
The interesting thing is that the cousin was played by her brother, Peter. It's the only film they made together.
The other interesting thing is the outfits she wears.
spirits65.jpgjane-fonda.jpgjanefonda.png
The entire film is a bit of a disappointment considering the talent involved.

The cover is a still from the 1969 film "Spirits of the Dead".
View attachment 743924
Three European directors adapted three Poe stories. Fellini directed "Toby Dammit". Louis Malle directed "William Wilson". And Roger Vadim, Fonda's then husband directed "Metzengerstein".
Jane plays a cruel countess who has an affair with her cousin who she kills. He comes back as a horse she becomes attracted to who kills her...or something like that. It's all very arty.
The interesting thing is that the cousin was played by her brother, Peter. It's the only film they made together.
The other interesting thing is the outfits she wears.
View attachment 743922View attachment 743921View attachment 743920
The entire film is a bit of a disappointment considering the talent involved.
I saw it when it came out with Great Expectations due to the hot actresses and was also disappointed!

A Blonde and her Dream
1_30_2012.jpg
Oddly enough, I have actually read this one. It's an evangelical Christian comic about a girl who grew up under the Nazis and is sent to a Russian prison camp after the war. Ultimately, she escapes and gets married and emirates to the US where being patriotic is the same thing as loving Jesus. :rolleyes: Something like that anyway. :p Fun cover, though.

Back
Top Bottom