Summer travel

Go to CruxDreams.com
Barbara arrives at the gallows. The crowd has become even louder and rowdier as she stands at the base of the steps. The hanging team has no sympathy for her loss of nerve and hustle Barbara up the steep stairs.

hang 798.jpg

Naked but for the rope that binds her wrist behind her back Barbara looks up to see Tree waiting for her. She hissed “You said you would be here for me!”

Tree says “I said I would be here. Today I am your hangman and the noose is over there waiting for you.”

With a deep huff Barbara walks over to the noose waiting for her neck.

hang 608.jpg

She stops beneath the rope that they will hang her from. The mayor shouts to the crowd below “Are you ready to see this wench hang?”

hang 580.jpg

By the volume of the cheers Barbara felt no mercy from the crowd. In front of her the noose dangles before her.

hang 247 c.jpg

Tree pulls the noose over her head and tightens the loop around her neck. Barbara is annoyed by the weight of the rope laying on her shoulders. She sarcastically asks “Are you sure that is going to hold me?”

hang 508.jpg

“It will not feel heavy to you in a bit” Tree replies.

Barbara doesn’t answer. She stands naked and noosed before the crowd that is waiting to see her hanged. A nun steps up to Barb and says “You will look fabulous hanging by your neck. I can’t wait till they hang you!”

hang 596.jpg

Barbara again does not answer. They are really going to hang her!

There are only a few minutes left before Barbara is hanged. She looks down at Tree as he circles about her and the stool she stands upon. Barb asks “What are you doing?”

He looks up and says “I’m just making sure you’re ready.”

“Well, I’m certainly not ready” Barbara screams down to him.

hang 709.jpg

She needn’t have worried. Barb stands on the stool as a woman reads the charges Barb has been condemned to hang for. It is a wordy declaration. Barb seems almost wishing the woman won’t finish the document.

hang 874.jpg

But the woman does finish the reading the statement and turns to Tree and asks “Hangman, please remove the stool.”

hang 249 A.jpg

Barb watches with terror as he reaches for the stool with his foot!

Would Tree really hang Barb? He couldn't!

The hanging team has no sympathy for her loss of nerve and hustle Barbara up the steep stairs.

hang 798.jpg

Would they cut me some slack if I told them I have a fear of heights?

With a deep huff Barbara walks over to the noose waiting for her neck.

hang 608.jpg

That's not a huff. Don't you ever use any deodorant, Tree???

She stops beneath the rope that they will hang her from. The mayor shouts to the crowd below “Are you ready to see this wench hang?”

hang 580.jpg

Silly question. What do you think they are here for?

By the volume of the cheers Barbara felt no mercy from the crowd. In front of her the noose dangles before her.

hang 247 c.jpg

As does my life ...

Tree pulls the noose over her head and tightens the loop around her neck. Barbara is annoyed by the weight of the rope laying on her shoulders. She sarcastically asks “Are you sure that is going to hold me?”

hang 508.jpg

Yeah, I said that ... even though I know sarcasm is a waste of breath with Tree.

A nun steps up to Barb and says “You will look fabulous hanging by your neck. I can’t wait till they hang you!”

hang 596.jpg

Nun, my ass! That's Joan Tree in disguise!

There are only a few minutes left before Barbara is hanged. She looks down at Tree as he circles about her and the stool she stands upon. Barb asks “What are you doing?”

He looks up and says “I’m just making sure you’re ready.”

“Well, I’m certainly not ready” Barbara screams down to him.

hang 709.jpg

My only hope at this point is that he is too inebriated to pull this off.

hang 874.jpg

But the woman does finish the reading the statement and turns to Tree and asks “Hangman, please remove the stool.”

She should try drawing him a picture ... that might actually break through the Seagrams fog.

hang 249 A.jpg

Barb watches with terror as he reaches for the stool with his foot!

Would Tree really hang Barb? He couldn't!

Yeah. Think about it, Tree. Who would you have to lend your car to if you hang me?

Tree might think Barb’s conviction is a scam but he lifts his foot and kicks the stool from beneath her feet. He sort of feels bad about hanging Barb but the Great State of Arkansas hired him to do the job!

To the delight of the crowd, Tree kicks the stool from beneath Barb’s feet.

hang 845.jpg

Justice is served. Barbara is hanged!

hang 848.jpg

She is startles by the rope digging into her neck.

hang 847.jpg

She fell less than a foot when the noose swiftly stopped her fall. Suddenly her body is providing the rope with the leverage it needed to choke her to death
hang 481 f.jpg

Her screams of protest are reduced to garbles and gasps.

Last edited:
Tree might thing Barb’s conviction is a scam but he lifts his foot and kicks the stool from beneath her feet. He sort of feels bad about hanging Barb but the Great State of Arkansas hired him to do the job!

To the delight of the crowd, Tree kicks the stool from beneath Barb’s feet.

View attachment 884735

Justice is served. Barbara is hanged!

View attachment 884738

She is startles by the rope digging into her neck.

View attachment 884736

She fell less than a foot when the noose swiftly stopped her fall. Suddenly her body is providing the rope with the leverage it needed to choke her to death
View attachment 884739

Her screams of protest are reduced to garbles and gasps.
As if there was any doubt!

Tree has hanged Barbara. It is not like you would see in a movie. There is no quick thrashing and a quick death. No, Barbara kicks and twists from the noose slowly tightening around her neck. The crowd is enthralled by her ‘death dance’!

hang 870.jpg

I am hanged but I am not dead yet. I must get free of this rope that is crushing my neck! I look down my body and see my feet swinging above the gallows’ deck. Try as they might they can’t reach it.
hang 517.jpg

I’m going to die here!

-Barbara

Barb twists from the noose. She gets more frantic with each passing minute.
hang 598.jpg

She starts to choke as the noose tightens. Barb pulls her knees together and tries to buck free of the rope starting to strangle her.

hang 986.jpg

The rope not only holds it closes tighter around her neck. Her last conscious move was to spread her legs to avoid the stream of her bladder releasing a stream of urine.

hang 849.jpg

Besides her last shakes Barbara has succumbed to the Arkansas hanging. Tree looks over at the clock tower then back to Barb. He looks at her limp body and thinks ‘she put up a good fight. It took her a almost a quarter hour to kick the bucket.’
hang 526 f.jpg

Barb’s body is left hanged from the noose that killed her. Court guests are allowed on the gallows for a closer look at her body. Some even touch her body. Only her hair moves in the wind.

hang 466.jpg

In the evening the crew takes her body down. She is laid to rest in the town’s funeral home. Even there Barbara is offered no escape from the gawkers.

hang 926.jpg

The end…

Barbara kicks and twists from the noose slowly tightening around her neck. The crowd is enthralled by her ‘death dance’!

hang 870.jpg

Wonder how much they’re paid? :rolleyes:

I look down my body and see my feet swinging above the gallows’ deck. Try as they might they can’t reach it.
hang 517.jpg

Ummm ... excuse me ... would someone mind raising the gallows deck ... just a little...PLEASE!

She starts to choke as the noose tightens. Barb pulls her knees together and tries to buck free of the rope starting to strangle her.

hang 986.jpg

No, pulling my knees together is to thwart those in the front row with cameras from snapping photos from THAT angle! :mad:

Her last conscious move was to spread her legs to avoid the stream of her bladder releasing a stream of urine.

hang 849.jpg

There are some embarrassments that simply cannot be avoided ... :facepalm:

He looks at her limp body and thinks ‘she put up a good fight. It took her a almost a quarter hour to kick the bucket.’
hang 526 f.jpg

Is that a new Arkansas endurance record? :)

Some even touch her body. Only her hair moves in the wind.

hang 466.jpg

Hey! Get your filthy hand out of my hair down there! :eek:

In the evening the crew takes her body down. She is laid to rest in the town’s funeral home. Even there Barbara is offered no escape from the gawkers.

hang 926.jpg

Mercifully, the end! :very_hot:

Back
Top Bottom