Tanitha's Song

Go to CruxDreams.com

phlebas

PRIMUS POENUS
Staff member
I love the way we get collaborations here.

This was a stand alone manip, but after talking to Wragg it has turned into the following story of love and tragedy.

First, the picture. Let your imagination dwell on it for a while, then enjoy Wragg's wonderful interpretaion of what you see

ph288.jpg

Tanitha, fighting the agony of her cross, watched the rhythmic beating of the oars as the ship pulled away from the shore.

Exhausted after her efforts of the past few minutes, she sank to the full stretch of her arms, so that the nails took the full weight of her tortured body, and wept. Crucified by her own brother. Her own flesh and blood, who had told her that he despised her.

Why? Because her father, Ahinadab King of Byblos, loved her and loathed him. Because she was supposed to marry Eristarchus, Crown Prince of Lepcis, and Mithras feared that match, as he feared and was suspicious of everything. Tanitha recalled that when they had both been children he was cruel, vicious and spiteful.

She’d been glad to leave him, and sail for Lepcis. But her ship had been wrecked by a storm and she had never arrived. Instead she had found herself on this island, with only five badly wounded sailors for company. Gradually, all had died, save only one, an oarsman named Donis.

She, a princess of Phoenicia, had gradually nursed the common sailor back to health. He was young, and fit, and his broken bones had knit well in the splints she’d made out of parts of the wreckage of his own ship.

As he’d improved, it had been good to have another pair of hands about. Up to then, she’d done everything, made tents out of the sails, made fires, fetched and carried water from a stream flowing into the sea nearby, made the best of such of the ship’s stores as she could find, supplementing them with the odd crab or some such. But Donis was a good fisherman, and fresh fish made a welcome change to the diet.

They had nothing in common and everything in common. She loved to hear his stories, many of them in the form of songs handed down from his predecessors. So he taught her the joy of singing. They spent many evenings by the fire singing to one another.

Gradually, inevitably, they fell in love with each other. She resisted, because she knew that Eristarchus would not accept her if she was not virgo intacta, and Donis was a gentleman, unusual for those days, and would not take her against her will.

But it was the simplest gesture that broke her resolve. One day, as they were sitting on the beach, the wind blew her long hair across her face, and he, almost without thinking, reached out and brushed it back into place.

Just that one simple gesture. In that small touch of his fingers on her face she knew she wanted him more than life itself. She reached up and pulled his lips down onto hers.

It was her tongue that first slid into his mouth, her hand that felt his crotch stirring, but then it was his fingers that reached into her clothes feeling for her breasts, stroking her nipples, teasing them erect.

She groaned. “Donis, I need you….so…badly!”

He helped her to undress quickly, then stripped off his own clothes. He must have wanted her as much as she wanted him, but he was considerate and patient, carefully caressing her body, then his tongue gently teased her clitoris, as she writhed with the sheer delicious ecstasy of his loving touch.

For long minutes it went on, but he did not hurry her, just eased her from one plateau to the next until, finally, she gave way to pulsing waves of pleasure that spread throughout her entire body.

Then, and only then, did he break her hymen, only when her levels of joy were so high that she barely felt the pain as it gave way, instead feeling only the greater pleasure of his desire filling her.

So prison became paradise, misfortune transcended by joy, as the castaways become true lovers, and so much more than sexual partners.

One evening, she lay in his arms. “I hope we can stay here forever, Donis. I never want to be rescued. I want to live out my life here with you!”

He kissed her, as he watched the setting sun. “The days are beginning to get shorter, Tani. Soon enough it will be winter, and there will be no fruit on the trees, no warm blissful evenings on the beach. We shall struggle to stay alive.”

“Great, then I’ll die here with you!”

“You’re too young to die. We’ll manage. Soon the shelter will be finished.” He was building a shelter, mainly out of the remains of the ship.

“So – if a ship comes, do we hide, or do we welcome it?”

He looked thoughtful. “You will be a princess again. I will not be a prince.”

“If my father, or worse, my brother finds you, you will be killed!” She shuddered at the thought of her brother. Even the thought of him intruded into this perfect place. She never wanted to see him again. Ever.

“I would prefer to die than to life without you, Tani! But you may prefer to go back to your palaces, you’ll forget me, soon enough!”

“I will not! And if you knew my brother you’d know why I, too, would prefer death to meeting him again. So that decides it. If we see a ship, we hide!”

But two people could not keep a round the clock watch, and both knew it was too good to last.

“SLUT!!!” Tanitha was rudely awakened from a blissful post-coital slumber by a savage kick in the ribs. She screamed and curled herself up for protection. Two more blows came in, then somehow she caught the leg and hung onto it, pulling her assailant off balance. He fell heavily onto the sand.

She threw herself at him, clawing at his face, but firm hands grasped her, and pulled her to her feet.

Panting, she stood looking down at the supine form of Mithras, her brother.

“BITCH!” Mithras struggled to his feet. Tanitha looked about, struggling to make sense of this new situation. A Phoenician bireme in the bay, a boat on the shore, arrived as they’d slept. And her brother! Of all the people in the world, why him?

“How?” she asked.

“Smoke from your fire can be seen for miles. I knew it’d be you, or someone with news of you. Where are the rest of the crew?”

“All dead.”

“Who killed them? You or him?”

“They died in the shipwreck. I tried to save as many as possible, but only Donis and I survived.”

“’Donis’, is it? And what, Donis, gives you the right to fuck a princess?”

Donis looked terrified. “Sire, I never…”

Tanitha screamed as Mithras shoved his middle finger into her. When he withdrew it, it was covered in semen. “Who put that there, then? The birds and the bees?” He wiped his finger on Donis’ face.

“Sire, I….”

“She was promised to the Crown Prince of Lepcis!” screamed Mithras. “Do you think he’ll now accept a common whore?”

Tanitha kept quiet. There was no point in even trying to reason with Mithras. She suspected that he was insane. He was almost certainly a psychopath. She could see no way out of this. He father had always protected her in the past, now she was naked and at the mercy of her brother, and her father was an ocean away.

“Take me to my father.” She ordered. “I’ll explain everything to him. You’re too stupid to understand.”

Mithras ignored her, and turned to one of the soldiers. “What a pity. We seem to have found no survivors.”

“But Sire…..”

“Listen to me very carefully, Captain. Very carefully indeed. If you or anyone else on that ship ever breathes a word of this, you will come to the same fate as them. “

“Mithras, you can’t! For the love of Baal! I’m your sister!”

“You are NOT my sister, I’ve told you, you are a common whore! And he’s a rapist! You know the penalty for that?”

She knew perfectly well. Crucifixion. “Mithras! NO! You wouldn’t dare!”

“There’s plenty of wood about.” He ordered. “Crucify them! Him down here on the beach, and her, if she thinks she’s so high and mighty, take her up there and crucify her!” He indicated a rocky outcrop just above the beach.

“OK, but look, it wasn’t his fault! I led him on! Do what you like with me, but let him go!”

Mithras ignored her, and also Donis, who was pleading in a similar vein on Tanitha’s behalf.

They could only watch, as the soldiers fashioned two crosses out of the timber they had put aside for their winter shelter. Her eyes met Donis’. He looked sad, not scared. He mouthed the words ‘I love you!” as they dragged him to his cross.

She didn’t want to watch, but couldn’t help herself. That body, that she’d so painstakingly nursed back to health, crippled again as nails were driven through wrists and heels. That man, who had declared that he loved her more than life, now losing his life, drip by slow drip, as they raised his cross into position. That voice, that had sung to her and told her of his love, now moaning with the total pain of crucifixion. She watched him as he hung, naked and bleeding, so much that was so good destroyed by one man who was so evil.

“Please! Let me die near him!”

“You’ll be able to see him, but you’re too good to die with scum like him!”

“Why do you hate me so much, Mithras?”

“I don’t hate you. I despise you. Daddy’s little darling. Where’s Daddy now, eh?”

They forced her to drag the cross up the hill, to where two of the soldiers had dug a hole for it.

As they forced her down onto the cross, pulling her arms up and out, she looked up at Mithras.

“This day will haunt you for the rest of your miserable days, Mithras. My face and my cross will be in your nightmares!”

Further talk was impossible as they began the process of nailing through her wrists into the cross. She did not want to give Mithras the pleasure of hearing her cry out, but under that much torture it was impossible not to. As they raised her cross, she looked down at Mithras’ leering, evil face.

And something clicked inside her. Suddenly, she did not hate him, she pitied him. How awful it must be to live your life suspicious of everyone, hating everyone. Mithras could never know the love she’d shared with Donis. She had never seen him laugh. Yes, he was evil, but he was also wretched.

Soon enough, she’d die here on her cross, and Donis would die on his, and they would live forever in a paradise that they could never have known on this island. They would be in paradise, while Mithras, while he lived, would be in a hell of his own making, until someone sent him to hell proper.

She watched them leave, watched them row back to the ship, and prepare to leave.

A song. She and Donis had sung so many. Had she strength for one last song?

She struggled up the cross, took a deep breath, and then her voice was carried by the breeze down to the ship. Everyone, even Mithras, paused to listen.

You can take away my future
You cannot have my past.
You can hurt me with your torture
My love will always last
You might live for ever after –
I cannot know your fate -
But my life’s been filled with laughter
And yours is filled with hate.

Though my life has been a flower
That blooms and then is gone
I have loved my sun-filled hour –
Your rainy day goes on.
Though it’s pain that fills my being
The pain you’ve put me through!
Yet I truly hope you’re seeing
That I’d never swap with you!

For my life of grace and beauty
I thank the gods above
For the pleasures of my duty
And the gentle cords of love.
And my life has not been blighted
By war, revenge or death;
With my Love I’ll be united
As I breathe my final breath.

Down in the ship a Chronicler sat and listened, then wrote the words of her song beneath an account of the deeds of Mithras. He rolled up the paper and hid it, ready to take back to his own master, King Ahinadab, once they reached Byblos.

Last edited:
Awesome story Sir Wragg, very moving. I think I will read it again.
Great manip Phlebas. You can look at it, think about it, and create many scenarios as to why she ended up on the cross. I also like the view of her from the rear, you can see what she is seeing, the absolute hopelessness of her state.
Thank you both for posting!
:goodjob:

Last edited:
Awesome story Sir Wragg, very moving. I think I will read it again.
Great manip Phlebas. You can look at it, think about it, and create many scenarios as to why she ended up on the cross. I also like the view of her from the rear, you can see what she is seeing, the absolute hopelessness of her state.
Thank you both for posting!
:goodjob:

Thanks Hondo. Yes, Wragg did a brilliant job responding to the picture. That's not to say that each of us can't come up with something that arises from our own reaction, our own feelings. I like manips that offer options, possibilities.
The view, yes, a beautiful spot, a beautiful view. Would that help, when you are fghting for endurance on your cross? Would it make the end easier?
Those who have been crucified in the open air would know that it is different to the indoors. Nicer, fresher, more sunsual. The sun, the breeze, the connection with the wider world. Much nicer than a garage or basement.
If you are going to die, it may as well be in beautiful surroundings!

Thanks Hondo. Yes, Wragg did a brilliant job responding to the picture. That's not to say that each of us can't come up with something that arises from our own reaction, our own feelings. I like manips that offer options, possibilities.
The view, yes, a beautiful spot, a beautiful view. Would that help, when you are fghting for endurance on your cross? Would it make the end easier?
Those who have been crucified in the open air would know that it is different to the indoors. Nicer, fresher, more sunsual. The sun, the breeze, the connection with the wider world. Much nicer than a garage or basement.
If you are going to die, it may as well be in beautiful surroundings!
I agree 100%. I love outdoor crux scenes.

That's a wonderful piece, that story, and the picture contains so much feeling - the two seem to come out of each other. :)
Lump in throat time. I like the tragic tales.

Back
Top Bottom