technical aspects

Go to CruxDreams.com
does anyone have information (or a push in the right direction) on how to build a cross for a crucifixion, and/or some information on actually crucifying someone?

Somebody posted this on the old Crux group. It's an overview, not a set of blueprints, and full disclosure, I've never tried building it myself.

On the web site informed consent there is a member called Symaster who has built his own indoor cross. Im off too see him this weekend. I know he likes to crucify men on it but I dont know if he does women.

Cross Buildling

It's certainly preferable to have a full-on cross. I am grateful for the generous plans offered thus far.

I have been fortunate enough to have been put to the wood in a few different ways, but a very simple cross that I rode a few times in the SF Bay area can be put together in moments with items readily available at a home improvement center.

I was invited to be the cruxee in an indoor Roman crucifixion. After my trial, sentence, scourging and torture I was led to a tall wooden step ladder. The ladder had a 2 x 6 piece of wood lashed with rope across the top for the crossbeam.

I was instructed to mount the ladder facing out, by going up with my back toward the steps. As soon as I reached the height where my arms could stretch fully along the crossbeam, I was fastened to it with my arms outstretched. To take care of not hurting the wrists they were wrapped in cloth and then bound by rope to the crossbeam.

A thought on this fastening might be to use suspension cuffs that allow the wrist and arm to take the weight better. Also use an open hook on each cuff that can attach to another open hook that has been screwed into the crossbeam on both sides. In this way the cruxee goes up the ladder backwards, can outstretch his/her arms and hook themselves to the crossbeam on their own, then step down the ladder a step or two or three until they are competely hanging, toes searching for the ground. The nice thing is that they can always step back up the ladder and free themselves on their own in an emergency.

In any event, this is a simple cross. I have been able to struggle without feeling like it will tip. I can hang fully stretched or step back up for a not so stretched feel. The lashed by rope cross beam feels very rigid, with no movement. So I would grade this as secure for a cruxing.

This cross also allows for an inverted crux. The cross beam is easily removed to be put on the ground, where my arms have been bound with rope tightly along the cross beam so my arms go straight along it. They bind my feet together and pull my feet up with rope to the top of the ladder, my back going up along the stairs for the inverted crux.

It does not have the beauty of a true T cross, but it is easy, the steps give it an element of safety, and it can get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom