Television Hints

Go to CruxDreams.com
Trailer:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7572868/videoplayer/vi676117017?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1
MV5BYTdhYzc0MmMtZDQwNS00ZTdlLTgzZmYtZWIxYzE4Zjk0YzQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY2MzkxMjc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,699,1000_AL_.jpg

Really looking forward to this Sunday's episode of "Jesus his life"
Last week was the trial, this week is Mary and the crucifixion.
From what I have seen, and that is very little, the crucifixion looks very realistic!
It airs at 21:00pm GMT on The History Channel.

William

For Astra Satelitte TV users in Central Europe:
Monday, 09.21.2020, 15:55 and Tuesday 09.22.2020, 12:05 MESZ: Egypt Apocalypse

Tuesday, 09.22.2020, 15:55 and Wednesday 09.22.2020, 15.55 MESZ: Mysterious Crucifixion

Not crux related but if you can watch BBC TV ...
The funeral of Prince Philip ... A beautiful day weatherwise, amazing pageantry and precision from all the armed forces of the UK.
A tribute to an amazing man who devoted his whole life to supporting the Queen.
It's being streamed live on Youtube right now;

Not crux related but if you can watch BBC TV ...
The funeral of Prince Philip ... A beautiful day weatherwise, amazing pageantry and precision from all the armed forces of the UK.
A tribute to an amazing man who devoted his whole life to supporting the Queen.
It's being streamed live on Youtube right now;
It's good to see St George's Chapel - I was taken to see Windsor Castle when I was about 11, and was wowed by the Chapel. It was (re)built by the Yorkist King Edward IV, to upstage his Lancastrian predecessor Henry VI's chapel in Westminster Abbey. At least when those old kings were engaged in one-upmanship, they did it style!

PS @Praefectus Praetorio and other bagpipe lovers, go to 1:12:00 for the solo lament, Flowers of the Forest

Last edited:
PS @Praefectus Praetorio and other bagpipe lovers, go to 1:12:00 for the solo lament, Flowers of the Forest
I already watched it. I'm thinking of writing a story around James IV and Flodden (with plenty of sex and torture, of course - tentative title - Golden Thistle)

The British may be past their prime and living on former glories, but nobody does pageantry better. I cried while watching - for my departed mother who loved the young(?) royal couple. She was fourteen years older, but I swear, a dead ringer for the young Elizabeth!

Sir Thomas Morus, probably a ancestor from Lady @Barbaria1 Moore.
and there's More where she came from! :p Sir - or Saint, depending on your point of view - Thomas More, an interesting, complex character. Robert Bolt makes him on the whole admirable, the (currently very popular) Hilary Mantel ('Wolf Hall') paints a very different picture, and conversely favours his nemesis, Sir Thomas Cromwell. Diarmud MacCulloch's biography of the latter gives a more nuanced view. But More's Utopia (he invented the place) is good fun and thought-provoking.

and there's More where she came from! :p Sir - or Saint, depending on your point of view - Thomas More, an interesting, complex character. Robert Bolt makes him on the whole admirable, the (currently very popular) Hilary Mantel ('Wolf Hall') paints a very different picture, and conversely favours his nemesis, Sir Thomas Cromwell. Diarmud MacCulloch's biography of the latter gives a more nuanced view. But More's Utopia (he invented the place) is good fun and thought-provoking.
Indeed. The "Sainted" Thomas More, in 1513, while undersheriff of London, wrote his History of King Richard III, a libelous and false recounting of the legitimate King killed by the usurper Henry Tudor. Written to curry favor with the Tudors, its lies were taken up and enshrined in Shakespeare's Play.

Indeed. The "Sainted" Thomas More, in 1513, while undersheriff of London, wrote his History of King Richard III, a libelous and false recounting of the legitimate King killed by the usurper Henry Tudor. Written to curry favor with the Tudors, its lies were taken up and enshrined in Shakespeare's Play.
The historian Diarmaid MacCulloch has the peculiar distinction of being 'The Reverend Professor Sir' Diarmaid MacCulloch.
Protocol only allows him to use any two out of his three titles, whichever seem most suitable for the occasion :cool:

Last edited:
The historian Diarmud MacCulloch has the peculiar distinction of being 'The Reverend Professor Sir' Diarmud MacCulloch.
Protocol only allows him to use any two out of his three titles, whichever seem most suitable for the occasion :cool:
A difficulty that a few of us also share!

I saw Soylent Green for the first time in 1977 (2022 seemed so far away, then), and found it quiet impressive. A great role for Charlton Heston, and Edward G. Robinson in his very last role, he died a few weeks after the filming was finished. The euthanasia scene is one of the greatest dying scenes ever shown in a movie. Sadly, the movie has been largely forgotten.
For Users in French and with German Language in Europe. "arte" will send the movie Monday, 2022 Oct. 10.
Mo, 10. Okt · 20:15-21:50 · arte

Soylent Green

Jahr 2022 ... die überleben wollen

Has anyone seen this? The full episode is available on the channel website, unfortunately not viewable in my region.
I know that very well. Ever since I was a bairn I've had a bit of a heart problem that means I can't stand still for more than a few minutes without fainting. If I were crucified I wouldn't last long. But it's one reason why I've not tried 'realistic' crux-play even with ropes.

Back
Top Bottom