Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, any of us who've lived in the country, especially anyone involved in farming,
will know that buzzards, kites, and other scavengers - and, sharpest of all,
crows and other corvids, are always on the lookout for weak and dying animals,
and they don't wait for them to die...

The attentions of birds - as well, of course, as many flesh-feeding insects etc. -
were certainly part of the horror of crucifixion.

'Ruins, Alice Kiss, Crux, Ravens and Blood'

View attachment 497632

Cypher​
this is an exquisite picture! Maybe influenced (in the girl's pose and the use of the saw-sedile)
by Arcimboldo's 'Southern Cross', but the ruined landscape, the triumphant crows,
the girl's helpless kicking legs and thrown-back head, make it a masterpiece of erotic cruelty.

Yes, any of us who've lived in the country, especially anyone involved in farming,
will know that buzzards, kites, and other scavengers - and, sharpest of all,
crows and other corvids, are always on the lookout for weak and dying animals,
and they don't wait for them to die...

The attentions of birds - as well, of course, as many flesh-feeding insects etc. -
were certainly part of the horror of crucifixion.

this is an exquisite picture! Maybe influenced (in the girl's pose and the use of the saw-sedile)
by Arcimboldo's 'Southern Cross', but the ruined landscape, the triumphant crows,
the girl's helpless kicking legs and thrown-back head, make it a masterpiece of erotic cruelty.
Hi Eul, the Arcimboldo connection and other aspects are explored here -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/#post-321275

Goodness, so much has happened over the weekend, I'm going to have to bookmark that to study,
it's a fascinating story behind a superb image (and I see it features many of my crux-art heroes,
among whom I count you Bob :))

By Jastrow,

Attachments

• A Father's Shame  9 19.jpg
    A Father's Shame 9 19.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 468
  • The Carnifex's Men.jpg
    The Carnifex's Men.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 463
  • A Not-So-Comforting Thought 7 7.jpg
    A Not-So-Comforting Thought 7 7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 469
  • Amended and corrected Clown of Thorns  11 16.jpg
    Amended and corrected Clown of Thorns 11 16.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 489
I had a feathered participant in this drawing from a few years back, called "Eyecatcher"
Eyecatcher.jpg

While one of the victims hangs limp, resting her head, the other one has become attentive.
Something has caught her eye....
or maybe... something is ... about to ...very very literally, catch her eye...

but maybe not quite yet... ... as long as a certain someone's sitting there with a slingshot and some pebbles, and saying, "Show me some action, girls, and I'll keep chasing away those crows!"
So will they "dance" and perform for one of the very same brutes who nailed them to their crosses?

This callous crucifier, he once saw a girl who was so desperate in her pain on the cross, that she bashed her head against the beam, trying to dash her brains out and end the suffering. It didn't work, because awkwardly banging her head backwards or sideways against the crucifixion post just wasn't forceful enough. Could these two summon up the courage to bang their heads against each other to end it quickly?
They have known so much long, enduring pain .... but like almost all victim-girls, he guesses, they are still more afraid of any new terror, and so he can keep playing his games with them.

Until he gets bored and leaves them for the crows.

(Or until the white knight comes galloping, lops the heads off the thugs with his bare hands, takes down the poor damsels, anoints their wounds with magic healing salve and everyone lives happily ever after)

Back
Top Bottom